Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

3 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Cannie  believe duggie wyse hill is still running about for a team in the championship. A player who was absolutely brutal during three separate spells for us but really decent for everyone else he has played for.

Being shite over three separate spells takes some doing.  No doubt he will star next week .....

We only signed him because he has a fantastic head of hair for a man of his advancing years. Not a single sign of recession or greying. Every time I see him I'm seriously impressed.

He's been a decent, no-nonsense, would throw himself in front of a bus to stop a goal type defender for us too. I'd imagine that Mango and Dowie will be back together for these games though.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannie  believe duggie wyse hill is still running about for a team in the championship. A player who was absolutely brutal during three separate spells for us but really decent for everyone else he has played for.
Being shite over three separate spells takes some doing.  No doubt he will star next week .....

Indeed, I kept waiting for his shitieness
to come to the fore in last years final, including his penalty but no, instead he turned in a no nonsense body in line of fire performance.

36 minutes ago, Oweny said:

In his last stint he was the only defender on my keep list. Thought Marr had shown that championship season was one too far for him. Hamilton was such a limited defender so I wasn't bothered he signed for Arbroath. I don't remember who was on the right. That probably says just  as much about them.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

In his last stint he was the only defender on my keep list. Thought Marr had shown that championship season was one too far for him. Hamilton was such a limited defender so I wasn't bothered he signed for Arbroath. I don't remember who was on the right. That probably says just  as much about them.

Kyle McAusland iirc.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

You are very right. I must've burned him from my memory because he was an absolute donkey. Wonder where he is now.

I would've loved to claim that, that was from memory - but I was looking at the teams from the last time we met about an hour ago :lol: 

Wiki has him at Glenafton. I'll allow you to re-arrange the following words. Level. His. Found.

I would've loved to claim that, that was from memory - but I was looking at the teams from the last time we met about an hour ago [emoji38] 
Wiki has him at Glenafton. I'll allow you to re-arrange the following words. Level. His. Found.
Still too high.

1 hour ago, Oweny said:

Honestly duggie has been great for everyone except us. It's a mystery. We even made him captain and it still didn't work out. 

Scored with a peach of a header v Arbroath on Saturday.

Leaped like a salmon he did 8)

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We only signed him because he has a fantastic head of hair for a man of his advancing years. Not a single sign of recession or greying. Every time I see him I'm seriously impressed.

He's been a decent, no-nonsense, would throw himself in front of a bus to stop a goal type defender for us too. I'd imagine that Mango and Dowie will be back together for these games though.

If Kyle Hutton is still out after Saturday's injury I reckon Mango will be in midfield.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

My hunch is that it will be Grant Gallagher.

Saints preserve us...  However, I'm not convinced that Mango should be pushed forward as it's never been too successful until now, although he and Garry could cancel each other out like two rutting stags.  Is it not worth playing David Wilson in the central midfield role ?  Froxylias ?

I'd really hope that if Hutton doesn't make it we go with Wilson but I assume it will be Gall or Barr. Both are terrible options going by their performances in that position this season - albeit Gall only really has the 2nd half from Saturday. But he was truly awful on Saturday... shite in the tackle, terrible in possession and awful when attempting passes. Bound to be him then? :lol:

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Saints preserve us...  However, I'm not convinced that Mango should be pushed forward as it's never been too successful until now, although he and Garry could cancel each other out like two rutting stags.  Is it not worth playing David Wilson in the central midfield role ?  Froxylias ?

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't advocating Grant Gallagher's inclusion. I was just trying to decode Stevie's post match comments about it " not being the time for wee flicks and fancy football" or words to that effect, which would seem to rule out Froxylias  and David Wilson. I would be very tempted to surprise Alloa and play Wilson (not Aidan!) alongside one of Hutton/Carswell, with Froxylias in place of Handling.

12 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'd really hope that if Hutton doesn't make it we go with Wilson but I assume it will be Gall or Barr. Both are terrible options going by their performances in that position this season - albeit Gall only really has the 2nd half from Saturday. But he was truly awful on Saturday... shite in the tackle, terrible in possession and awful when attempting passes. Bound to be him then? :lol:

He also seemed to come second every time he was in a foot race.

If Kyle Hutton is still out after Saturday's injury I reckon Mango will be in midfield.

I think your on to something there. Aitken will plunge to new depths to avoid dropping the motm from Saturday, Dougie Hill.

If he is capable of rutting with Gaz he must be a fine specimen.

Archived