Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall I didn't think it was that bad to watch. We got the tactics just about spot on and Alloa very rarely threatened our goal for all they had of the ball.

Stewart was easily their most influential player but he's also quite dirty and on another day could have had more than just 1 yellow card. None of the other Alloa players impressed me all that much, especially not enough to say they would get into our team (which is exactly what many of our fans have been claiming this week). Kirkpatrick is included in that as apart from the one shot he didn't do anything before he went off either.

Felt bad for Handling tonight. I thought he was one of our best in the first half. Put himself about a bit, made a few decent tackles and held onto and passed the ball well. The whole defence were also very good and that is some hit from Carswell. With a little bit more quality we could have had another goal or 2 on the break too.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I take it the twitter guy was that auld duffer having a heads gone whilst getting into his car? 

Really do like Alloa but some of the reactions tonight have been hilarious and very unflattering.

Again its me that puts it up:lol:

Do you think that was a stellar game? Dumbarton grinded it out but you cant really attest to any really slick attacking play. All in all a dull game

And I'm not particularly bitter. I predicted 1-0 to either side beforehand... Love how you guys all know better though:lol:

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Do you think that was a stellar game? Dumbarton grinded it out but you cant really attest to any really slick attacking play. All in all a dull game

And I'm not particularly bitter. I predicted 1-0 to either side beforehand... Love how you guys all know better though:lol:

Official twitter pages for your club aren't really the place for your personal opinion. I'd be annoyed if our twitter was bad mouthing another team regardless of how the game went. Lack of class.

As we’re revealing our identities here, it was me who said “shocking late lunge my arse” about the Stewart booking in reply to your plaintive plea to have him sent off. Harsh yellow in fact.

Official twitter pages for your club aren't really the place for your personal opinion. I'd be annoyed if our twitter was bad mouthing another team regardless of how the game went. Lack of class.

Thought official Twitter pages were supposed to be unbiased. Mind you the guy that runs the Dunfermline one used to be a bit one sided. Not read it for a while though.

Excellent result, that we would've absolutely taken before the game. Painful viewing at times, but I thought we were relatively comfortable in defending. We were never anywhere near as under the cosh as after Arbroath equalised at Gayfield.

The last ditch tackle from Barr was superb, along with Gallacher's one-on-one save. 

Sour grapes from Goodwin and the Alloa twitter feed are amusing, as was the Arbroath fans seethe at Barr's appeal. Hopefully we can edge our way through another 90 mins on Sunday.

Just now, somerset_lad said:

Thought official Twitter pages were supposed to be unbiased. Mind you the guy that runs the Dunfermline one used to be a bit one sided. Not read it for a while though.

Who told you that?:lol:

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Evidence of it being a poor game:

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not a great game and from a neutral point of view it needs an early goal from Alloa in the second leg.

From a Dumbarton viewpoint I doubt their approach will change in the next leg. They don't need to score and Alloa are bound to leaves gaps at the back going for the goal.

1 hour ago, sonsism said:

Mad Carswell - what a strike.

Shitebagging it is clearly more effective against League 1 teams. Not pretty but it has got the job done for the past 3 games. An early goal on Sunday and I'll be quite confident but if Alloa draw first blood it's anyone's.

That Barr block in the 2nd half - ooft.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Have to come out a bit? We've got the lead, we'll be shitfesting the second leg much like we did tonight after the goal.

To the auld boy screaming "I'd rather lose than win playing like that" at us as we got onto our bus, get it right fucking up ye, you complete mess.

Job nowhere near done but we've given ourselves the best chance possible now. Concentration will be the key on Sunday, maybe not playing Iain Russell at any point in the game too.  I love Beany but he's done.

3 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

As we’re revealing our identities here, it was me who said “shocking late lunge my arse” about the Stewart booking in reply to your plaintive plea to have him sent off. Harsh yellow in fact.

Well that one was indicative of the reaction in the press box. They thought red. Shocked them at least. 

Again its me that puts it up[emoji38]

And I'm not particularly bitter. I predicted 1-0 to either side beforehand... Love how you guys all know better though[emoji38]

You thought we should've had 2 red cards for bog standard yellow card offences, describing one of those challenges as "ferocious". It's not that we know best, it's that we know you're quite clearly letting your personal seethe shine through on your clubs official Twitter account.

Very sad and unprofessional IMO.

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Who told you that?:lol:

Well your job is to provide match updates but shouldn't it be a true reflection on whats actually happened. I understand when it's your team it can be hard not be a bit one sided but when you're describing some of Dumbarton's fouls as "shocking" or "ferocious" when they're not whilst getting beat it can look a lot like sour grapes.  

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You thought we should've had 2 red cards for bog standard yellow card offences, describing one of those challenges as "ferocious". It's not that we know best, it's that we know you're quite clearly letting your personal seethe shine through on your clubs official Twitter account.

Very sad and unproffesional IMO.

You're going to turn me into Phil Neville commentary if I cant get an opinion:lol:

Archived