Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

23 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Our chances of breaking them down were then greatly reduced with the loss of Kirkpatrick. We were increasingly clueless as it went on,.

...Dumbarton will surely have to come out a bit more at home but a lot will depend on whether or not Kirkpatrick is fit. Fair play to the Sons, very effective tonight. 

Thought we were still controlling it before Kirkie went off but then Smith didnt look as if he knew what the goals were for with 3 weak efforts.

Dumbarton closed us down well but don' agree they have to come out a bit at  home. They will set up the same way but their centre half is out so that should help us.

Anyway it is still game on. Unfortunately I booked a holiday leaving Sunday as I thought final game was Saturday :blink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, number one wasp said:

That was an awful game to watch, Dumbarton just sat back after scoring 1 goal we passed the ball around well but had no final product. Cracking goal from Dumbarton not sure how Carsley got that much space though.

Robbo's man but was drawn to the man on the ball but the ball alluded him and Carswell had time to tee up his shot. Great hit all the same.

Not a great game and from a neutral point of view it needs an early goal from Alloa in the second leg.

From a Dumbarton viewpoint I doubt their approach will change in the next leg. They don't need to score and Alloa are bound to leaves gaps at the back going for the goal.

21 minutes ago, number one wasp said:

Apart from the fact we scored 4 goals over 2 legs............

Clearly you weren’t one of the ninety that attended the last game of the season then, I’m only quoting what your manager said

Mad Carswell - what a strike.

Shitebagging it is clearly more effective against League 1 teams. Not pretty but it has got the job done for the past 3 games. An early goal on Sunday and I'll be quite confident but if Alloa draw first blood it's anyone's.

That Barr block in the 2nd half - ooft.

23 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

The difference is you were Shit and Dumbarton were MUCH better ...

Thats neither here or there I know we are shit I’m only quoting what Goodwin said after the match so please explain and try and be grown up about it son

30 minutes ago, Not a Bee said:

Thought we were still controlling it before Kirkie went off but then Smith didnt look as if he knew what the goals were for with 3 weak efforts.

Dumbarton closed us down well but don' agree they have to come out a bit at  home. They will set up the same way but their centre half is out so that should help us.

Anyway it is still game on. Unfortunately I booked a holiday leaving Sunday as I thought final game was Saturday :blink:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Who is out? Mango served a ban on Saturday for his red v Dunfermline.

Anyway, that was pretty trademark stuff from us. Brutal to watch, but very well organised defensively and a nightmare to break down. It was very similar to the Arbroath game in that Alloa had plenty of the ball, but only really threatened on a handful of occasions.

I am to Stuart Carswell what an element of our support are to Garry Fleming. I just love the guy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Who is out? Mango served a ban on Saturday for his red v Dunfermline.

Anyway, that was pretty trademark stuff from us. Brutal to watch, but very well organised defensively and a nightmare to break down. It was very similar to the Arbroath game in that Alloa had plenty of the ball, but only really threatened on a handful of occasions.

I am to Stuart Carswell what an element of our support are to Garry Fleming. I just love the guy :lol:

Barr misses out because of suspension. He said it himself and confirmed by Aitken on Alba tonight.

I predicted it at the start of the game 1-0 either way. Dumbarton did what Dumbarton do and held out. 

Don't think they offer much spectacle and Alloa had enough chances for me to be confident of at least the chance of going to the Rock and winning. I worried that the players had peaked to early and now I worry if the 4 games in two weeks will be too much physically for us to produce another outstanding playoff comeback. But we've came back from worse. I'm going to keep believing.

Whilst Barr was indeed man of the match tonight, Dougie Hill was an able deputy for him on Saturday and will be again no doubt.  It was Hill who scored our goal on Saturday. It isn't pretty watching the Sons but it's effective.

Hugely frustrating night from an Alloa point of view. We started very well but the Dumbarton goal was a killer with the Sons then putting everyone behind the ball. Our chances of breaking them down were then greatly reduced with the loss of Kirkpatrick. We were increasingly clueless as it went on, unfortunately we had to play it on Dumbarton's terms and it didn't suit us at all. Dumbarton will surely have to come out a bit more at home but a lot will depend on whether or not Kirkpatrick is fit. Fair play to the Sons, very effective tonight. 
Nope, it'll be the same tactics.

Archived