Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

Hugely frustrating night from an Alloa point of view. We started very well but the Dumbarton goal was a killer with the Sons then putting everyone behind the ball. Our chances of breaking them down were then greatly reduced with the loss of Kirkpatrick. We were increasingly clueless as it went on, unfortunately we had to play it on Dumbarton's terms and it didn't suit us at all. Dumbarton will surely have to come out a bit more at home but a lot will depend on whether or not Kirkpatrick is fit. Fair play to the Sons, very effective tonight. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an awful game to watch, Dumbarton just sat back after scoring 1 goal we passed the ball around well but had no final product. Cracking goal from Dumbarton not sure how Carsley got that much space though.

Wow. What a meltdown from the Alloa fans at the end there.

Special mention to the group of lads singing "yer just a fat, specky mongo" towards one of the disabled lads who was walking back to the bus with us.
Sound like a classy bunch who took defeat well.

Good result.

Our Defence & Keeper were excellent tonight.

Counter attack suits us, for all Alloa passed nicely we were never really under great pressure. Good challenge by Barr when young Smith was in the box, and shots from distance.

All to play for on Sunday still.

10 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Hugely frustrating night from an Alloa point of view. We started very well but the Dumbarton goal was a killer with the Sons then putting everyone behind the ball. Our chances of breaking them down were then greatly reduced with the loss of Kirkpatrick. We were increasingly clueless as it went on, unfortunately we had to play it on Dumbarton's terms and it didn't suit us at all. Dumbarton will surely have to come out a bit more at home but a lot will depend on whether or not Kirkpatrick is fit. Fair play to the Sons, very effective tonight. 

Have to come out a bit? We've got the lead, we'll be shitfesting the second leg much like we did tonight after the goal.

To the auld boy screaming "I'd rather lose than win playing like that" at us as we got onto our bus, get it right fucking up ye, you complete mess.

Job nowhere near done but we've given ourselves the best chance possible now. Concentration will be the key on Sunday, maybe not playing Iain Russell at any point in the game too.  I love Beany but he's done.

Always amazes me that a coaching team and group of players seem incapable of realising that their tactics are getting them nowhere. Cross after cross from Alloa comfortably being swept up by Dumbarton. Dreadful stuff.

Fair play to Dumbarton they aren't up to much going forward but score a screamer early doors and then do what they have had to do all season for the remainder of the game and defended well. I thought we played reasonably well but just lacked that final ball at times. We are still in it though and if anyone can get the players up for it then it's Goodwin.

Mon The Wasps! [emoji219]

16 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
Wow. What a meltdown from the Alloa fans at the end there.

Special mention to the group of lads singing "yer just a fat, specky mongo" towards one of the disabled lads who was walking back to the bus with us.

Sound like a classy bunch who took defeat well.

Don't judge us on a couple of idiots who probably have not been to a game all season !

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Always amazes me that a coaching team and group of players seem incapable of realising that their tactics are getting them nowhere. Cross after cross from Alloa comfortably being swept up by Dumbarton. Dreadful stuff.

I don't think that was the plan though.  Dumbarton had so many men back after the goal, we lost our main playmaker and as part of that change our starting centre forward dropped deeper too. The team didn't cope with the above scenario and firing loads of hopeful crosses into the box was the result. 

Funny how Dumbartons tactics didn’t impress Goodwin , 10 men behind the ball! I wouldnt have my team playing that way! Funny that different when you came to Starks Park and parked the bus but that’s different eh. 

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

Funny how Dumbartons tactics didn’t impress Goodwin , 10 men behind the ball! I wouldnt have my team playing that way! Funny that different when you came to Starks Park and parked the bus but that’s different eh. 

Apart from the fact we scored 4 goals over 2 legs............

10 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The difference is you were Shit and Dumbarton were MUCH better ...

Archived