Cobra Kai Appreciation Thread

Booker-T

22 hours ago, Booker-T said:

Anyone else binge watch this show?

Only the first 2 episodes were available in Europe which meant getting creative for the rest.

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Not bad.

Shame we don't have YouTube Red & a free trial or something.

Edited by Slenderman

6 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Not bad.

Shame we don't have YouTube Red & a free trial or something.

it was worth getting creative to find the other 8 episodes

Daniel is a dick 

Watched the first 2 episodes last night. 

Feared the worst going into it but  was pleasantly surprised.  Really was pretty decent with lots of knowing nods to the original.  "what does this have to do with Karate?" (while doing all the chores)     ..."don't question my methods!" followed up with "do you want me to wash the windows a particular way?" being a couple of moments in particular that made me laugh.

Johnny is a good anti-hero though, plus the blurred lines about who is 'good' and who is 'bad' is a much more interesting narrative...

On 5/8/2018 at 11:22, bob_mcshug said:

Watched the first 2 episodes last night. 

Feared the worst going into it but  was pleasantly surprised.  Really was pretty decent with lots of knowing nods to the original.  "what does this have to do with Karate?" (while doing all the chores)     ..."don't question my methods!" followed up with "do you want me to wash the windows a particular way?" being a couple of moments in particular that made me laugh.

Johnny is a good anti-hero though, plus the blurred lines about who is 'good' and who is 'bad' is a much more interesting narrative...

Johnny is a good guy who had a bad teacher

Daniel was an average hothead with a good teacher

Just seen the first two episodes and found them quite good. Got it on the kodi box so I'll check out the later episodes when I get time.

Finally got round to watching the rest of this. Thought it was good overall. The stuff with Daniel and Robbie was a bit too contrived and a bit clumsy compared to some of the other nods to the original. With the benefit of hindsight, they could have perhaps spent more time on Johnny setting up cobra kai this season with the Daniel/Robbie stuff forming much of the second season. Minor complaints though as the original movie was one of my favourites growing up and they handled this series with care, and done pretty well. Looking forward to series two...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Using my free trial for it.

Surprised they dumped the whole season at once. Thought they might have one episode a week so people using the free trial would only get so far.

(Not complaining though)