Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

2 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Austin is a brutal footballer. Terrible player at Championship level who failed at two clubs there. He’s only ever banged them at League 1 level and that was years ago. A good signing for LL level but far from the coup that people were making out. League 1 level at the very best.

He will continue to score goals at LL level and if that gets them into L2 then I'm sure they'll have seen it as worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Austin is a brutal footballer. Terrible player at Championship level who failed at two clubs there. He’s only ever banged them at League 1 level and that was years ago. A good signing for LL level but far from the coup that people were making out. League 1 level at the very best.

He was pish tonight but certainly still a great signing at LL level, as proven by his goals so far!

We were shocking tonight. Talbot didn't really have to kick a ball we were that bad. Too many looked nervous and not up for it. Work to be done....

He will continue to score goals at LL level and if that gets them into L2 then I'm sure they'll have seen it as worthwhile.

He’ll probably score a lot in the LL and L2 (if they get there). Just pointing out he’s not really that good, as certain posters on here and some people in the media made it out like Kelty had taken a proven good Championship player.

He’ll probably score a lot in the LL and L2 (if they get there). Just pointing out he’s not really that good, as certain posters on here and some people in the media made it out like Kelty had taken a proven good Championship player.

77 championship games and 16 goals across 3 seasons at two clubs is not an abysmal record though. He's a proven Championship 1st team squad player though, never a guaranteed starter at either side. I like his story though, working his way up through amateur football into part-time, to full-time and now a curious mix of part-time on full-time wages!

11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nobody is expecting Kelty to get anywhere near Championship level , probably not even league 1 either. As cmontheloknow says if he plays his part in getting them to SPFL2 then everybody at the club will be happy. I've only been to three games this season (all away) but so far he seems to be turning league games that Kelty would be winning by 2-3 goals into games that Kelty win by5/6/7

He seems to be a really decent guy as well.

How do you not go to home games anymore?

Easy to knock a team after a poor performance. The management team aren’t at Kelty on peanuts, the pressure must be on them to deliver this year! The big surprise was the way they conceded the goals and Kelty’s style of play, or lack of it. They have no identity to how they want to play and certainly no plan B. Great setup and a massive achievement playing under the lights on TV, but the guys behind the scenes creating the platform have been badly let down tonight!

That's the first of me seeing Kelty and they were absolutely brutal! To spend all that cash just to play sideways or hoof it long against a junior team at home isn't good enough and the better team won. Good luck, especially with that clown Ferguson in charge!

I would be questioning the long term future of Kelty after that performance. They’ve caused national embarrassment after that brutal performance was aired live on the telly. Baz will send them down the shitter.

I would be questioning the long term future of Kelty after that performance. They’ve caused national embarrassment after that brutal performance was aired live on the telly. Baz will send them down the shitter.

A national embarrassment? 🤣🙈

Away and talk pish somewhere else! It was a massive game and we are gutted  but in reality still one game. The plan at Kelty is a long term one.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Made the decision last October, ;) reviewed the situation at the start of this season wasn't sure that things had changed that much despite the fact that the team has undoubtedly improved in quality. Have been to the away games mainly due to the fact the guy that's been giving me a lift to games for 25 years is still going just to keep him company.  Ended up going tonight mainly due to the fact that I got a ticket from him for nothing, left at half time though.

You can get down to Central Park to watch them in a few weeks.

Made the decision last October, [emoji6] reviewed the situation at the start of this season wasn't sure that things had changed that much despite the fact that the team has undoubtedly improved in quality. Have been to the away games mainly due to the fact the guy that's been giving me a lift to games for 25 years is still going just to keep him company.  Ended up going tonight mainly due to the fact that I got a ticket from him for nothing, left at half time though.

Quitter. Go and back the Baz revolution.

A national embarrassment? 🤣[emoji85]
Away and talk pish somewhere else! It was a massive game and we are gutted  but in reality still one game. The plan at Kelty is a long term one.

The plan will be very long term as long as Baz and Bob are in charge. Watching that tonight, I felt a sense of embarrassment to the nation of Scotland. I’m sure others feel the same.

Went to the midweek game a few weeks ago v Killie colts, which Kelty won. Was surprised to see a back to front style of play, very direct to Austin, and very reliant on him. Saw maybe half of the 2nd half tonight on tv and again a lot of long direct balls and they weren’t working at all. Guess Talbot must be better team than the usual opponents.

Due to motorway gridlock I diverted to Kelty v Dalbeattie on the first day of the season, and they had much more invention and energy about them than tonight. You can't be facing a side of Auchinleck's calibre and play so flat and "one-dimensionally". Having started like that you expected a reaction - at least after HT when the manager can make big calls - but the tactics didn't seem to alter much, the style hardly at all, and I'm not sure any of the personnel got replaced.

If they play so poorly in a fortnight we may actually have a chance of putting up a fight.

What was the consensus on reasons why they lost at Cumbernauld?