Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think i'll head up to this could be trying out the new stand the way the rain is:lol: Did you enjoy the Little Mix concert:lol:

Saddens me to say it but it was excellentl probably best entertainment at Falkirk stadium in a long time lol might try out new stand myself if mates agree to move 

Decided to head along to this after all the Kelty hype. It’s a brilliant set up and the club are clearly ambitious. The game was entertaining and Kelty were the better team but not by as much as expected. They’ll need to improve a fair bit if they want to be challenging though.

The buses weren’t from Dalbeattie, they were kids from Wales who are competing in the Coalfields Regenaration tournament at New Central Park tomorrow. They headed along to take the game in as guests today.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Any idea of the crowd? Seemed to be a few buses from Dalbeattie dropping folk off at the health centre this afternoon at around 2.15?

39 minutes ago, kefc said:

The buses weren’t from Dalbeattie, they were kids from Wales who are competing in the Coalfields Regenaration tournament at New Central Park tomorrow. They headed along to take the game in as guests today.

Seemed a decent enough crowd with the youngsters boosting it.

Quite enjoyed the game Kelty enjoyed the majority of the possession but Star stuck to their game plan well. Two cracking free kicks from both sides in the 2nd half.

Never did make it into the new stand with the sun coming out but it looks good.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:50, gogsy said:

Heard the Dalbeattie manager wanted to play Beith preseason because he thought they were a much better team than Kelty. :)

You "heard " wrong . Dalbeattie  play Beith  every year pre season  .

Have to say i presumed given the Hype surrounding Kelty they would ease to victory in this given that D Star are mentioned as relegation candidates  but shows that teams are no pushovers on the day 

All makes for a good league though ;)

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So joint 5th after first game, basically ahead of my prediction of sixth. ::) Now we know Selkirk are struggling big time we just need to find some other mugs to finish below us and then we can be safe from relegation.

I would bet you a pint a goal on Tuesday night but you might end up pisht :unsure:

Impressive set up at Kelty. Wind made it difficult but both teams put in a decent shift.  Draw probably a fair result and one which we would have settled for beforehand considering the number of players we had missing. Tough opening set of fixtures for Star so every point more than welcome.