Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Gala short of players the last couple of weeks, two of their three subs were trialists yesterday. Team still competitive against current top three sides though.

He just seems to turn up to play against Kelty Edusport and now Gala. To be fair he would do a job for someone in the LL.

3 hours ago, big al said:

Pretty consistent gogsy.

just too many draws to be first.

EK have been far too consistent, the best team thus far which isnt surprising given the experienced SPFL boys they have in their ranks that would strongly test most League 1 clubs. Only 9 goals conceded all season. 

Fair play, a well run club with a real desire to engage with their community, invest in their facilities and try and improve on and off the pitch.

Horrible wet night at NCP against Tayport. Quite a few boys shaking off some rust in a scrappy game.
Without actually knowing the score or how the game went, this translates as.....

"Kelty were beaten in a friendly on a rainy night, but it'll be put down as game time for guys returning"

To be fair probably every midweek friendly this season has been used for this, either for injured players returning to fitness or players that haven't been starting getting game time. Haven't seen last nights team but most of the friendlies this season the majority of the players starting have been from u-20 squad.
I don't doubt that, it was more a tongue in cheek jibe about how attitudes of friendlies change depending on result.

33 minutes ago, gogsy said:

To be fair probably every midweek friendly this season has been used for this, either for injured players returning to fitness or players that haven't been starting getting game time. Haven't seen last nights team but most of the friendlies this season the majority of the players starting have been from u-20 squad.

Well wi your abundance of players at yer mercy to choose from I sincerely hope yous have an off day on Saturday :unsure: 

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
7 hours ago, gogsy said:

I don't doubt that, it was more a tongue in cheek jibe about how attitudes of friendlies change depending on result.

If we'd won I'm not sure it would have changed my opinion. 3 under 20s and the rest of the line up hadn't seen much action at all in previous weeks. Fair play to Tayport though as they got right into it from the off.  It was also a very horrible & wet night :P

38 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Game on first 15 and great save from Christie to keep WW at bay then Kelty in full control , brilliant second goal and fifth 

Aye agreed even if we scored that chance to go one up I doubt it would've altered the result.very impressive performance from yous today.