Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

What Bollan's done with us is nothing really to do with what wee Barry is or isn't doing at Kelty but since you asked

This season P 18  W 6  D 4  L 6 F 23 A 21

Last Season P 24 W 3 D 8 L 13 F 18 A 36

Total                P 42 W 9  D 12 L 19 F 41  A 57

Not great but given what he started with a steady improvement.

It is got something to do with it when the thread is bombarded with Cowdenbeath fans giving their opinions and views on our club and how we go about our business.

It’s quite fair for our side to scrutinise the job that’s being done over the road, surely or does that touch a nerve.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You've talked yourselves down in that first paragraph, then the second paragraph is dripping with arrogance. Top 4 finish was your goal but every team views you as a cup final? Make your mind up.

Kelty had all the good will in the world from neutrals after being the first team to start the move to the pyramid, building out their infrastructure and involving the community. You've pissed a lot of that away by appointing a manager who is largely unpopular outside of a certain set of fans in Scotland. The attitude to any criticism and weird articles in the paper with fans saying they hope Barry Ferguson changes the kit to a royal blue hasn't really helped your cause either.

If he's high profile then Kelty fans shouldn't throw a tantrum every time someone makes a post enjoying that you've dropped points - it comes with the territory.

The media interest in the Lowland League has went up after Kelty appointed Barry Ferguson, which benefits every club and the league as a whole.

But the club cannot control everything that is said about them in the media  or the fact that Barry Ferguson is high profile. 

Kelty have long been a target of opposition fans when they have dropped points due to their success in the juniors and EoS well before Ferguson was appointed. 

3 minutes ago, kefc said:

Its not arrogance it’s just the way it seems to be, most people thought we wouldn’t win the league but finish top 4, some even had us outside the top 4 on here, the bookies seemed to agree with the former.

The only person on here who had ye ootside the top 4 was gogsy being arrogantly sarcastic. When ye stopped winning as much these posts stopped.

Who else had you ootside the top  4 because sure as fcuk at the start of the season wi yer squad ye were definitely up there as favourites along wi the other obvious ones  ?

I think deep doon yous are gutted to be so far behind EK at this stage of the season but are showing a bit of a poker face. 

A lot of fitba to be played yet of course and best of luck to ye because in future seasons it's gonnae be even harder to reach the summit.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Not having a dig at Kelty, just don't like ex players earning a living from the game when they are poor at the job.

Our budget in our league is at the lower end. Somehow, I don't think Kelty are in that situation. 

You might want to speak to the board up there. It is 1 of the highest in the league I’m afraid. 

There’s 2 strikers you signed in the summer on £26,000 per year between them, 2 year deals. That’s £52,000 over 2 years. You guys had the begging bowl out last year all over the media :blink:

Its none of my business what other clubs do and I’m no one for engaging this much online but when some have a go at us then it’s only fair people are allowed to come back.

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The only person on here who had ye ootside the top 4 was gogsy being arrogantly sarcastic. When ye stopped winning as much these posts stopped.

Who else had you ootside the top  4 because sure as fcuk at the start of the season wi yer squad ye were definitely up there as favourites along wi the other obvious ones  ?

I think deep doon yous are gutted to be so far behind EK at this stage of the season but are showing a bit of a poker face. 

A lot of fitba to be played yet of course and best of luck to ye because in future seasons it's gonnae be even harder to reach the summit.

I’m sure we will be fine, cheers.

37 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Purely my own opinion, but the whole saga and rumours surrounding Tam Courts departure did the club no favours in terms of publicity. It would only be natural for some to look to the club to stumble following that, given Tam’s popularity.

Of course there would be a stumble of sorts with results he was very successful. We backed him like no other manager in our history and he got the results on the pitch for the club. He will go on to have a good career in football I’m sure.

The club as a whole certainly hasn’t stumbled.

He resigned and had been thinking of it from the summer, all the management staff stayed on as they enjoyed it at Kelty and we appointed a new manager with new ideas of which we as a club and the staff that stayed on agree with going forward. It was always going to be difficult for anyone following Tam as he had done so well.

Edited by kefc

7 hours ago, RampantFM said:

The media interest in the Lowland League has went up after Kelty appointed Barry Ferguson, which benefits every club and the league as a whole.

But the club cannot control everything that is said about them in the media  or the fact that Barry Ferguson is high profile. 

Kelty have long been a target of opposition fans when they have dropped points due to their success in the juniors and EoS well before Ferguson was appointed. 

How has the league benefited? Are crowds up across the board? 

I dont see Edusport vs BSC becoming a must see game because Barry Ferguson mentions Kelty as a footnote in an interview about Jermain Defoe in the Sun. 

For me there are now problems at Kelty, I have not seen a team that are close to Kelty ability wise (not seen EK) so I think they have really under achieved so far, with the squad they have just accepting top 4 isn't acceptable, they should be pushing for the title, absolutely no doubt about that.

I had reservations about the Ferguson autograph hunting appointment, for me he is not in the same league as Tam Courts as a manager although it is fairly early days and he should probably be judged at the end of the season, I don't like the way he has over turned the squad which he said at the time he didn't need to do when he took over. He has also changed the system which hasn't worked so far and the players he has brought in don't look to be better that what he has deemed not good enough, Finn Graham for instance is nowhere near the player Nimmo is. Missing games for playing in a 6 aside tournament is shocking also, how can he have any credibility in the dressing room / training this week when he hasn't been at the f"""cking game?

I think Kelty were 5th favourites with the bookies to be fair...

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I dont see Edusport vs BSC becoming a must see game because Barry Ferguson mentions Kelty as a footnote in an interview about Jermain Defoe in the Sun. 

People are mistaking coverage of the LL for "Kelty manager Barry Ferguson said he was delighted that Sevco had signed players of the quality of........" 

I've not seen an increase in meaningful coverage or any benefits to other clubs. Looking at the other thread the attendance at the Shire v Kelty game on Saturday was around 250, surely if the LL had a higher profile it would have been far higher than that, especially on a weekend when there were no Premier league games.

17 minutes ago, Jason King said:

People are mistaking coverage of the LL for "Kelty manager Barry Ferguson said he was delighted that Sevco had signed players of the quality of........" 

I've not seen an increase in meaningful coverage or any benefits to other clubs. Looking at the other thread the attendance at the Shire v Kelty game on Saturday was around 250, surely if the LL had a higher profile it would have been far higher than that, especially on a weekend when there were no Premier league games.

Barry was playing fives with his pals tbh so the crowd would be down since people couldn't look at him in a tracksuit pointing.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Barry was playing fives with his pals tbh so the crowd would be down since people couldn't look at him in a tracksuit pointing.

Tracksuit Bob aka “ the cone ranger” did a bit more than pointing to be fair

5E9E8DD6-E0B4-47C8-931D-A5ECB01A9DDB.jpeg.4d1ab34a5aa58ae14c18d5feee5cf63d.jpeg

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

Signed up just to post here? Are you a disgruntled rival ice cream van man? :blink:

Ask the muppet who said he’d heard Ferguson was putting 11 cones on the pitch and that would be our best chance of taking anything from the match. He thinks he knows everything. 

Must be have a pop at kelty week again and for what ?? Trying to get on 

People come and go at clubs all the time all the club can do is try and do the best for the club within their means but Kelty seem to be pissin  a lot of folk off for being successful on and off the pitch 

Get it up yies 

Mon Kelty 

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Well, ok.

Considering people that were not fans of the Lowland League are now commenting in the league forum due to the appointment, I would consider that a benefit to the leagues interest.

Not saying it's positive or negative, but it's interest. 

Considering your original post was about Ferguson and you say you're a Falkirk fan, I think this proves my point. 

Edited by RampantFM