Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Just watched the highlights. Poor from Kelty for Shires 3rd. Boys not even in position from the kick off! The young GK Gibb has a steep learning curve ahead of him. He chucked a few in against Raith and still looks a bit out of depth when he's came on here. Although Scotty should not have clawed that ball given we were 2 up and he had support around him.

13 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Kelty are a well run club who deserve much better than their manager swanning off during an important stage of the season. 

Everyone was well aware of his prior commitment to the sixes. Not ideal but it's done after this weekend and we move on. East Kilbrides to lose now unless we can turn them over twice and not lose elsewhere again which I doubt.

On watching highlights must admit young Gibb was out his depth a bit and a wee bit at fault for goals going in but switching off after going in front again is total schoolboy stuff and shows we have a lot to learn yet 

MON KELTY 

Bookies dont usually get it wrong East Kilbride at 9/4 we’re favourites due to their strong experienced squad,  we were 4-1 playing in an alien league with new grounds . A top 4 finish from the outset was our target for the management and players, the boys are on course for that. 

We lost a successful manager at his own request, we appointed a high profile manager who is hungry to succeed. The landscape completely changed for us from those 2 situations almost over night. Kelty will always be a scalp same as EK and Spartans but possibly even more now given the management team.

Getting to the SPFL is very competitive given the odds on winning the league and then the play offs. Any reconstruction could obviously change that. We know where we are, we have a clear plan in what we need to do and we know how long it will take.

We are also happy to take a bit flak for every draw or defeat from some who like to dish that kind of stuff out on a forum or social media. Not my style personally but we are all different I suppose.

As a club we will always look to improve on and off the pitch at all times and we like to think we know what we are doing, I’m sure on and off the pitch the last decade backs that up.

Edited by kefc

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Kelty are a well run club who deserve much better than their manager swanning off during an important stage of the season. 

Exactly. He can't even manage when he is there. How many of the other players in the sixes are managers? He is on good money at Kelty.

Edited by PELE

26 minutes ago, gogsy said:

League record when hes been there P6 W4 D 2Goals scored 8 goals conceded 2 Whats Bollans league record?

What Bollan's done with us is nothing really to do with what wee Barry is or isn't doing at Kelty but since you asked

This season P 18  W 6  D 4  L 6 F 23 A 21

Last Season P 24 W 3 D 8 L 13 F 18 A 36

Total                P 42 W 9  D 12 L 19 F 41  A 57

Not great but given what he started with a steady improvement.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

League record when hes been there P6 W4 D 2Goals scored 8 goals conceded 2 Whats Bollans league record?

Not having a dig at Kelty, just don't like ex players earning a living from the game when they are poor at the job.

Our budget in our league is at the lower end. Somehow, I don't think Kelty are in that situation. 

Exactly. He can't even manage when he is there. How many of the other players in the sixes are managers? He is on good money at Kelty.

We’re actually really happy with the job he’s doing at Kelty, every post you put up makes you look like a bit obsessed with him.
What about we let you know when we’re unhappy and you can start again... saves you looking like a fud [emoji106]

3 minutes ago, Breast Rummage Albion said:

We’re actually really happy with the job he’s doing at Kelty, every post you put up makes you look like a bit obsessed with him.
What about we let you know when we’re unhappy and you can start again... saves you looking like a fud emoji106.png

I know some who aren't happy. Not just fans. I wish Kelty well, but I don't see you making it further with him in charge. Good luck anyway.

7 hours ago, kefc said:

Bookies dont usually get it wrong East Kilbride at 9/4 we’re favourites due to their strong experienced squad,  we were 4-1 playing in an alien league with new grounds . A top 4 finish from the outset was our target for the management and players, the boys are on course for that. 

We lost a successful manager at his own request, we appointed a high profile manager who is hungry to succeed. The landscape completely changed for us from those 2 situations almost over night. Kelty will always be a scalp same as EK and Spartans but possibly even more now given the management team.

Getting to the SPFL is very competitive given the odds on winning the league and then the play offs. Any reconstruction could obviously change that. We know where we are, we have a clear plan in what we need to do and we know how long it will take.

We are also happy to take a bit flak for every draw or defeat from some who like to dish that kind of stuff out on a forum or social media. Not my style personally but we are all different I suppose.

As a club we will always look to improve on and off the pitch at all times and we like to think we know what we are doing, I’m sure on and off the pitch the last decade backs that up.

You've talked yourselves down in that first paragraph, then the second paragraph is dripping with arrogance. Top 4 finish was your goal but every team views you as a cup final? Make your mind up.

Kelty had all the good will in the world from neutrals after being the first team to start the move to the pyramid, building out their infrastructure and involving the community. You've pissed a lot of that away by appointing a manager who is largely unpopular outside of a certain set of fans in Scotland. The attitude to any criticism and weird articles in the paper with fans saying they hope Barry Ferguson changes the kit to a royal blue hasn't really helped your cause either.

If he's high profile then Kelty fans shouldn't throw a tantrum every time someone makes a post enjoying that you've dropped points - it comes with the territory.

Edited by Marshmallo

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You've talked yourselves down in that first paragraph, then the second paragraph is dripping with arrogance. Top 4 finish was your goal but every team views you as a cup final? Make your mind up.

Kelty had all the good will in the world from neutrals after being the first team to start the move to the pyramid, building out their infrastructure and involving the community. You've pissed a lot of that away by appointing a manager who is largely unpopular outside of a certain set of fans in Scotland. The attitude to any criticism and weird articles in the paper with fans saying they hope Barry Ferguson changes the kit to a royal blue hasn't really helped your cause either.

If he's high profile then Kelty fans shouldn't throw a tantrum every time someone makes a post enjoying that you've dropped points - it comes with the territory.

No getting that one, we are a scalp for teams same as EK Spartans etc are due to various reasons, thats reasonable to assume? Even more so now with the new management team? That’s also fair, no?

Its not arrogance it’s just the way it seems to be, most people thought we wouldn’t win the league but finish top 4, some even had us outside the top 4 on here, the bookies seemed to agree with the former.

1 fan had a stupid remark in the paper to which they latched onto so “fans” no need to exaggerate to suit your agenda. 

We make decisions for the best of the club, we will contact to do so. This is the last I’m saying on the football side, my post before this one explains where we are at for anyone who’s interested.

Edited by kefc