Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

4 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

I can understand names like Rangers and Thistle cropping up from time to time independently, and obviously Hibernian is linked with lots of Irish-origin clubs, but Hearts is so specific.

Always found it a bit weird that in Fife you had Kelty Hearts and Thornton Hibs. I don't imagine you find large number of Hearts or Hibs fans outside of Edinburgh and the Lothians.

24 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Always found it a bit weird that in Fife you had Kelty Hearts and Thornton Hibs. I don't imagine you find large number of Hearts or Hibs fans outside of Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Those great Hibbees ,The Proclaimers, lived in Auchtermuchty.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Quite a few folk in Cowden who go to both.

Inverkeithing/Rosyth area has a Hibs supporters club.

Also quite a few supporters of both clubs in Dunfermline.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite a few folk in Cowden who go to both.

Inverkeithing/Rosyth area has a Hibs supporters club.

Also quite a few supporters of both clubs in Dunfermline.

Interesting. I wonder if it's more of a West Fife thing (being that wee bit closer to the bridges). I'm from Kirkcaldy and can't think of anyone I know who supported either of them.

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Seems to have been a few teams with different suffixes in use - Rangers (twice), Thistle, Hibernians - have a look at the Kelty section in: https://docplayer.net/59023520-Towns-fields-clubs-of-fife.html

IIRC Binnend Rangers were from the long gone Binn Village in Burntisland located just to the north of the golf club house.

Interesting. I wonder if it's more of a West Fife thing (being that wee bit closer to the bridges). I'm from Kirkcaldy and can't think of anyone I know who supported either of them.

Know quite a lot Hibs & Hearts supporters from Glenrothes. Sometimes run a bus for cup semi and finals

With Craig Thomson no gettin new deal at city be surprised if he didn't sign back wi kelty huge gamble fi naysmith letting him n laird go

This went through my mind as well. Kelty just lost a full back in Paddy Boyle. Could be a replacement for him.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Probably with being closer to Edinburgh.

Also in Dunfermline a lot of folk from over the water moved to Duloch Park, see lots of folk with both clubs tops in the Tesco there.

8 hours ago, the tin man said:

With Craig Thomson no gettin new deal at city be surprised if he didn't sign back wi kelty huge gamble fi naysmith letting him n laird go

Thomson had a great season winning the super league with us and was a standout. Would certainly fill the RB spot if as reported Stevenson is away.

On 05/06/2021 at 01:04, Gordon EF said:

Plenty jambos in lochgelly/Cowden area

On 05/06/2021 at 01:15, Zen Archer Esq. said:

IIRC Binnend Rangers were from the long gone Binn Village in Burntisland located just to the north of the golf club house.

The village was populated by the shale workers, the works being located just over the road from the golf course. The village itself was on the lower slopes of the Binn hill. Some small parts of the houses can still be seen to this day. The football team regularly beat the townspeople of Burntisland in the annual football match.

On 05/06/2021 at 01:14, the tin man said:

With Craig Thomson no gettin new deal at city, I'd be surprised if he didn't sign back wi kelty.  huge gamble fi naysmith letting him n laird go

Indeed! Madness from Naismith!

If Kelty sign Thommo and Lairdy, (and you already have Andy Black) I'd have you as massive favourites for the title next season!