Kelheart

Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's true though. Apart from a couple of seasons where Spencer Fearn's sacks full of "forward-thought" saw them not finish bottom of the league.

Never said it wasn't .

4 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

HE CANT HAVE HEARD OF THE  EDINBURGH CITY / SHIRE PLAY OFF GAMES THEN :oops

You can't have heard of the caps lock key

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You can't have heard of the caps lock key

The poster has problems with his vision, it's been highlighted on a number of occasions in the LL forum.

1 hour ago, karr11 said:

Donald Finlay was spot on yesterday neither the Highland league or lowland leagues teams had won any playoff match and only one deserved to go up at a push not two.  

Suck it up and get on with it and good luck trying to got into the top four leagues in the future you'll need it! 

Btw give the statements a rest they are pointless in the main. 

Indeed they are Traffers old boy, indeed they are.

On 6 June 2020 at 13:26, Whitburn Vale said:

I'm a patient man,I cannot wait for seethe after seethe in the very near future of 1 club after the other assaulting League 2,just like Cove have just done,I.e Talbot,Kelty,Bonnyrigg,Kilwinning ,Brora etc

Might be waiting a long time.

On 16/06/2020 at 20:37, craigiemack said:

They used every excuse and diversion possible to avoid reconstruction and in the end they got what they wanted. They can wrap it up in any way they want but they are all terrified at what is coming up from beneath them. While they stagnate, everyone below them is progressing and that is only going to make things worse as one by one they drop out of the leagues.

It's already raising the game within the League as well.   No idea how they did it, but Montrose's brush with the drop seems to have provoked a sea-change and their best performances for a generation.  And now Queen's Park are pro they will probably improve hugely too.  Two fewer clubs dancing around the trapdoor - ups the chances of Brechin et al to fall through it.

At the heart of the matter is poor leadership from Doncaster and a complete lack of vision in a large number of clubs. These clubs have been mediocre for years just trudging out results to keep them where they have always been. 
On the other hand teams like Kelty, Bonnyrigg, East Kilbride etc have real vision for the future from the owners through to the managers, players, committee’s and fans.

We haven’t seen the end yet, Hearts, Partick and all the other teams were denied the sporting chance they deserved and I hope the court drives a bus through the ineptitude of the league management and the Chairmen of the clubs who tried to put Hearts and Partick down, they will now be the ones who will either see sense and agree to reconstruction or face the financial ruin they deserve. 
Bring it on and delay the league starting if that’s what it takes. Everything is fair game now.

Exactly couldn't have put it any better myself, self interest will now come back to haunt them when all this could have easily been sorted so no club would have been disadvantaged. 

Aye lets try and delay the start of the SPFL  because a couple of teams didn't get the opportunity of a play off where neither might have been promoted.:lol: When you're on the same side here as Hearts and Partick Thistle then seriously have a word with yourself.

At the heart of the matter is poor leadership from Doncaster and a complete lack of vision in a large number of clubs. These clubs have been mediocre for years just trudging out results to keep them where they have always been. 
On the other hand teams like Kelty, Bonnyrigg, East Kilbride etc have real vision for the future from the owners through to the managers, players, committee’s and fans.
We haven’t seen the end yet, Hearts, Partick and all the other teams were denied the sporting chance they deserved and I hope the court drives a bus through the ineptitude of the league management and the Chairmen of the clubs who tried to put Hearts and Partick down, they will now be the ones who will either see sense and agree to reconstruction or face the financial ruin they deserve. 
Bring it on and delay the league starting if that’s what it takes. Everything is fair game now.
Of the 10 teams currently in league 2 there is only 2, Annan & Elgin, that haven't played at a higher level in the last 5 years. Two of the teams that have had recent run-ins with the trap door, Brechin and Cowdenbeath, played in the Championship.

The lower reaches of the Championship is pretty much the glass celling for part time clubs. Yet you are labelling these clubs as mediocre and trudging along. It's utter nonsense.

Your arithmetic is as bad as your logic. Hearts, Partick, Stranraer, Kelty/Brora, when I was at school a couple was two !

The choice was simple, either ensure no club was disadvantaged by Covid or let them play it through but no, the league and the Chairmen of the clubs took a decision which demonstrated their complete lack of reasonableness and I’m delighted it looks like they will now pay a very high price.
Bring it on !!!!

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Of the 10 teams currently in league 2 there is only 2, Annan & Elgin, that haven't played at a higher level in the last 5 years. Two of the teams that have had recent run-ins with the trap door, Brechin and Cowdenbeath, played in the Championship.

Both of whom were voted in rather than played their way in.  Coincidence?  In that other League members voted teams who, well, have not exactly been a threat?

(having said that I really like Elgin's ground for some reason, it's got a retro vibe)

Re Jack Burtons post, the point I’m making is that you can hardly say the lower divisions are full of excitement, imagine having Rangers and Celtic B, think of what that would do for the crowds ! 
To my mind the lower divisions need a shake up to bring some excitement into it. 
Look at the progress Kelty have made, you hardly see a bad match at Kelty, this is what the lower leagues need plus allowing clubs who make investment progress through the ranks 

2 minutes ago, Pampabay said:

Re Jack Burtons post, the point I’m making is that you can hardly say the lower divisions are full of excitement, imagine having Rangers and Celtic B, think of what that would do for the crowds ! 
To my mind the lower divisions need a shake up to bring some excitement into it. 
Look at the progress Kelty have made, you hardly see a bad match at Kelty, this is what the lower leagues need plus allowing clubs who make investment progress through the ranks 

Twenty home games at Kelty during the 2019/20 season have seen results of 8-0 4-0 5-0 5-0 10-0 7-1 4-0 5-1 11-0 4-1 and 5-0.

Yes and I saw every one of them and do you know how I saw every one of them ?

because I paid to get in !

I’m a true Kelty Hearts supporter 

45 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The lower reaches of the Championship is pretty much the glass celling for part time clubs. Yet you are labelling these clubs as mediocre and trudging along. It's utter nonsense.

The Stirling tories have spent the last 5 years in their traditional basement home.

Clubs like them that are shitting it.

48 minutes ago, Pampabay said:

How have old firm colts crowds been like in the Challenge Cup? Go away, check, then come back and admit you're talking shite.

Never see a bad game at Kelty? If your idea of a good game is watching a team assembled on a League Once budget dismantling a team like Dalbeattie Star, then maybe you're right.

Edited by Gordon EF

Which other Scottish leagues intentionally disadvantaged any of their current or prospective clubs with regard to next season? I cannot think of any. Can anyone-else?

The bottom line here is that there was absolutely no need to disadvantage any SPFL club let alone Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers.