Kelheart

Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

3 hours ago, crowie said:

He was pretty much unbeatable when playing against the weaker teams in the league and was solid in the games v the better sides played so far. Him and Scobbie had formed a pretty solid partnership. I think the signing of Craig Reid is Kelty's indicator that he won't be back this season. 

I hope he gets a few games at Raith, will be a good indicator if he has improved since the poor start he had with youse and if the loan really was beneficial for both sides, not just one.

Absolutely agree. After the concussion, his play had soured the fans on his potential. If he’s back to what JMcG saw and liked, it’ll be great for both sides. I would also like to see him play a little quickly, so if we do see not enough improvement, we can ship him back to you and we both win again.

Bloody hell Civil Service are a very ill disciplined lot. Eight or nine bookings , one sent off, numerous other late challenges missed by the referee.

Still nearly managed to get draw after Kelty went to sleep last ten minutes.

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bloody hell Civil Service are a very ill disciplined lot. Eight or nine bookings , one sent off, numerous other late challenges missed by the referee.

Still nearly managed to get draw after Kelty went to sleep last ten minutes.

I agree, but with some mitigation as they felt aggrieved with the three penalties awarded against them.

The first was soft with Austin feeling a touch on his back and going down easily.

I was actually pleased to see the ref award the second, as many refs wouldn't have given it. The keeper made late contact after the Kelty player got his shot away. Most refs tend to ignore such late challenges if the striker gets a shot away. Swap the roles around and if the keeper clears a ball but the striker makes a late challenge, it is given as a foul 10 times out of 10, normally with a yellow card too.

The third was a foul, but there wasn't a lot in it. Both the defender and the attacker go for the ball, the attacker gets a touch marginally before the defender then hits the deck.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I agree, but with some mitigation as they felt aggrieved with the three penalties awarded against them.

The first was soft with Austin feeling a touch on his back and going down easily.

I was actually pleased to see the ref award the second, as many refs wouldn't have given it. The keeper made late contact after the Kelty player got his shot away. Most refs tend to ignore such late challenges if the striker gets a shot away. Swap the roles around and if the keeper clears a ball but the striker makes a late challenge, it is given as a foul 10 times out of 10, normally with a yellow card too.

The third was a foul, but there wasn't a lot in it. Both the defender and the attacker go for the ball, the attacker gets a touch marginally before the defender then hits the deck.

Pretty fair comments on the penalties, I felt first one was more than a touch though.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

What was the starting 11 today? 

image.png.ccddfebfb78e951de499ee7b936f2dcb.png

Updated to webdata after the game or would have been on twitter. 

3 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

image.png.ccddfebfb78e951de499ee7b936f2dcb.png

Updated to webdata after the game or would have been on twitter. 

That was last weeks team? Flynn replaced Russell and Reid replaced Ashe today.

Edited by gogsy

20 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Kelty splashing the cash again.

‘Sustainable’

Have you ever met Tarmo Kink.....??

Someone having a bit of fun here me thinks, absolute tosh.

40 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

I think he’s playing in Estonia these days, isn’t he?

Local legend in Estonia. Didn't cut it in the big leagues but doing well with the minnows over there.

Edited by leomessi1984

Juniortransfers clearly on the wind up here, no way Ivan Campo is taking the Selkirk job either.

Not sure if Ferguson has signed any ex-Rangers players anyway (apart from  Archie Campbell)

Edited by gogsy

9 hours ago, AB de Villiers said:

Will Kelty sign him with that in mind?

His patters terrible so unlikely.

35 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Good joke m8 emoji106.png

Should be Kelty Clyde:)

5 hours ago, AB de Villiers said:

Good luck to Kelty Rangers against the Braves today.

Thanks. You've got the name wrong though, it's Kelty HEARTS!