Jump to content

Kelty Hearts lowland league quest


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Seen you have a boy called up for Scotland u19s, is he one of your own players or have him on loan? Regardless great achievement for a non league side having national representation.

Ross Sinclair keeper on loan from St Johnstone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Seen you have a boy called up for Scotland u19s, is he one of your own players or have him on loan? Regardless great achievement for a non league side having national representation.

He was at BSC for 6 months last season I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/03/2020 at 23:16, Leafaboy said:

Probably a Championship team mate in my honest opinion they would win the lowland league first time of asking (no disrespect to other teams) they would win league 2 and 1 and handle themselves in the championship you only have to look at the teams they have beat and played in the scottish cup to see that. Far to good for Juniors best non league team about in the country 

Auchinleck have beaten precisely one side who were League One or above in the last five years - Ayr.

This season East Fife have beaten Dundee Utd at Tannadice and beaten Hearts on penalties. Last season we beat 3 championship clubs in cup competitions. In neither of those seasons were we championship quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Auchinleck have beaten precisely one side who were League One or above in the last five years - Ayr.

This season East Fife have beaten Dundee Utd at Tannadice and beaten Hearts on penalties. Last season we beat 3 championship clubs in cup competitions. In neither of those seasons were we championship quality.

Would guess Auchinleck are on a par with Cove Rangers and would fancy them to do very well in league 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Auchinleck have beaten precisely one side who were League One or above in the last five years - Ayr.

This season East Fife have beaten Dundee Utd at Tannadice and beaten Hearts on penalties. Last season we beat 3 championship clubs in cup competitions. In neither of those seasons were we championship quality.

Its a matter of opinion plus Auchinlek are a non league side East Fife are a proffesional team ...

Ayr are borderline an SPL side and have beaten SPL times on many occasions realisticly a Championship side shouldnt be losing to a Junior side 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leafaboy said:

Its a matter of opinion plus Auchinlek are a non league side East Fife are a proffesional team ...

Ayr are borderline an SPL side and have beaten SPL times on many occasions realisticly a Championship side shouldnt be losing to a Junior side 

Of course if your opinion is that Auchinleck are a similar level to Championship clubs, you're entitled to it.

It's just my opinion that their results against higher league opposition isn't a good argument to suggest they're at that level at all. You'll find clubs from lower levels beating clubs from higher levels in every season of every cup competition, it doesn't mean the lower level club could compete at that higher level.

This season East Fife beat Dundee Utd 2-0 at Tannadice. On the basis of that result, you could say East Fife are at a Prermier League level. But in the same season we were beaten 4-3 at home to BSC Glasgow. Going by that result, you could say that our level is mid-table Lowland League.

Realistically, our level is mid-table League One, where we've been solidly for the last four seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Of course if your opinion is that Auchinleck are a similar level to Championship clubs, you're entitled to it.

It's just my opinion that their results against higher league opposition isn't a good argument to suggest they're at that level at all. You'll find clubs from lower levels beating clubs from higher levels in every season of every cup competition, it doesn't mean the lower level club could compete at that higher level.

This season East Fife beat Dundee Utd 2-0 at Tannadice. On the basis of that result, you could say East Fife are at a Prermier League level. But in the same season we were beaten 4-3 at home to BSC Glasgow. Going by that result, you could say that our level is mid-table Lowland League.

Realistically, our level is mid-table League One, where we've been solidly for the last four seasons.

I agree with what you say just my opinion on the matter they would definately be to good for Lowland League League 2 i think they would win same with League 1 not saying it would be easy in league 1/2 just i think Talbot are to good for the junior ranks which most would agree 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst Talbot are a good side and have had some really good performances and results against higher league opposition there is a vast difference between kne off cup games and managing to maintain than performances against st league 1 and league 2 sides over the course of a season.

Talbot are a good club, are a draw for players and would likely be a draw the higher up the divisions they get but a league season is wholeheartedly different to one off cup games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Whilst Talbot are a good side and have had some really good performances and results against higher league opposition there is a vast difference between kne off cup games and managing to maintain than performances against st league 1 and league 2 sides over the course of a season.

Talbot are a good club, are a draw for players and would likely be a draw the higher up the divisions they get but a league season is wholeheartedly different to one off cup games

They’d need to increase their squad to deal with a 36 game league season where they’d be getting a harder game every week than in the West Premier.

I used to watch Caley who had a better cup record than Talbot have, although Talbot are catching up fast after a pretty slow start. When the Inverness team got into div 3 they started well but began to struggle after the other teams worked them out, and that was despite strengthening the squad from the Highland league days, and they finished 6th. To be fair, Ross County made 3rd, but it took them 5 seasons to go up, and ICT took 3. Div 3 was pacier and more physical although the HL probably had more entertaining football back then.

i also have a lot of experience watching EOS sides like Whitehill, Gala, Spartans in the 90s when the EOS was a decent standard. They could all raise their game for the cup. It’s easy to get motivated for big games and if the other team aren’t up for it when the game starts, it’s often half time before the manager can boot their arses. I wonder how the Kelty game would have ended up if they swapped managers. Tucker is an absolute legend.

i used to argue this with Isa all the time. Saying that you nearly beat the Hearts is meaningless, if you didn’t. So is saying that you would give everybody below Hearts a game. The more experience you have of watching teams face other teams from different divisions, the more often you see the odd shock, but also you see the lower team puts up the fight of their life, but still loses and gets all the ‘plucky underdogs’ stuff. Apart from Talbot, I think every other West Prem club would struggle to avoid 10th in L2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are being kind. Junior clubs tend to have a belief they will be better than LL teams and L2 sides. There is a jump between a league season and a cup game and a massive difference in standard between the west top league/eos premier and the LL and then another jump from LL/HL to L2.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gogsy said:

So three months after this post , any developments. :unsure2:

Aye plenty, will have the builders there in 2 months ready to go considering the club will have no income for the foreseeable. Great post. Moron. 

CMRA reports, Coal reports, Noise reports, Cafe hygiene report and biggest of all SUDDS drainage reports which needed digging up of Bath Street. All need done before Fife Council will even register the application. £20k spent already from my company on this.

A person who has never paid a penny to enter a Kelty game in years and years who pops in at half time to watch games you’ve got a lot to say. “Be kind” Gogsy and  fuk up with the trolling.

C01D5252-7FFF-49C7-A1F1-71578239CCAC.jpeg

EDEBB96E-FB22-498B-8436-7F8B102506A9.jpeg

531D9C75-9D31-492C-8644-E5E495A5D4E1.jpeg

Edited by kefc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Heads gone from the club supremo. First paragraph irrelevant before today so absolute nonsense. Final paragraph sod all to do with my post so once again nonsense. Middle paragraph informative and very interesting so thumbs up for that.

Your post was in very bad taste considering what’s going on just now. “Be kind” Gordon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No, nothing in my post was in  "bad taste" considering what is going on just now. I'm not going to deny there was a certain amount of trolling but I've been wondering what the situation was for weeks.  I thought asking three months after the initial twitter post which said something along the lines "application for planning permission was soon/imminent was reasonable.

The club has been upfront with all plans for a number of years now... I'm sure they'll update everyone when they see fit or if the ball has begun rolling... 

 

Also turning up to any club at half time to watch is schoolboy patter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No, nothing in my post was in  "bad taste" considering what is going on just now. I'm not going to deny there was a certain amount of trolling but I've been wondering what the situation was for weeks.  I thought asking three months after the initial twitter post which said something along the lines "application for planning permission was soon/imminent was reasonable.

Why not email text call or pull me when I see you and ask, as you know I’m very open. It’s been a laborious 12 months plus up to now on this for me to be frank and a financial pain due to the red tape and reports needed for a project this scale. We aren’t far away though from Fife Council registering the application.

Gone are the days the application goes in and they ask for reports later, you need the reports 1st before they process. Obviously everything will be on hold in terms of the build but the application process will be ongoing. Step after that is finding some mug to find £500k to build it 🤔

In future please email, text, call or face me up to anything you want to know, I’m too open on here which is probably unprofessional of me. 

 

Edited by kefc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

No, nothing in my post was in  "bad taste" considering what is going on just now. I'm not going to deny there was a certain amount of trolling but I've been wondering what the situation was for weeks.  I thought asking three months after the initial twitter post which said something along the lines "application for planning permission was soon/imminent was reasonable.

Not the best timing Gogsy....

Your sharp enough to have known that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...