Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

The only statement I made was Inverness Caley were a young ambitious club looking to improve not so long ago, I have no interest whatsoever on what Inverness pay or have paid. Clubs should pay what they can afford, iv no problem with that, you obviously do. Why not head over to the Cove, Falkirk, Dundee Utd or Celtic thread to have a pop at them.

‘Clubs being ambitious’ can mean several different things. Overspending unsustainably on players from several divisions above isn’t to be applauded.

I don’t understand what the big deal is here. Kelty have a great infrastructure in place. They have not just invested in the first team. The community club they have is top notch, from kids of 5 to under 20’s. Yes, they might have one of the biggest wage budgets in the league. What’s the problem? If it’s affordable it’s not an issue. The way it’s looking it could be a major benefit, as the club looks to reach its goal of promotion.

I would be more concerned about when your going to get rag dolled of your highland neighbours. Not that you will play them any time soon...

11 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

‘Clubs being ambitious’ can mean several different things. Overspending unsustainably on players from several divisions above isn’t to be applauded.

You know nothing about Kelty, if it becomes unsustainable then clubs will or should cut their cloth accordingly just like Caley will do. Cove Falkirk Dundee Utd all overspending going by your logic, head over and  hijack their thread or you like picking on the wee boys?

Edited by kefc

You know nothing about Kelty, if it becomes unsustainable then clubs will or should cut their cloth accordingly just like Caley will do. Cove Falkirk Dundee Utd all overspending going by your logic, head over and  hijack their thread or you like picking on the wee boys?

I regularly slag off overspending clubs like Ross County and Dundee United. Signing players from the Championship and League One when you are in the Lowland League, with a huge squad and a clueless manager with a track record of destroying clubs isn’t exactly promising. You can’t always just ‘cut your cloth accordingly’ otherwise not a single club would have ever gone bust.

Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

I regularly slag off overspending clubs like Ross County and Dundee United. Signing players from the Championship and League One when you are in the Lowland League, with a huge squad and a clueless manager with a track record of destroying clubs isn’t exactly promising. You can’t always just ‘cut your cloth accordingly’ otherwise not a single club would have ever gone bust.

Clubs that have went bust have obviously accrued debt, Kelty haven’t got any debt or will accrue any while the current board are in charge. Again this is something you will know nothing about. Business is really simple, don’t spend what you don’t have. Let’s leave it at that, I’m off to my scratcher and your mum will be shouting up to you to get your light out for school in the morning 👍😉

So this huge squad, care to tell us about it? Or is another figment of your imagination. FFS its about half the size of East Stirlingshires. :lol:
The squad is that big that with two of the normal starters missing on Saturday the squad was only sixteen.

You have a squad of around 20 first team players, that’s more first team players than Inverness and many Championship clubs have. Most of your first teamers also have quite a lot of SPFL experience too which suggest they won’t be on your average LL wage...

53 minutes ago, kefc said:

Hit a nerve, very touchy Tarmo, the point was Inverness were a young ambitious club looking to progress not so long ago.
Find it hard to believe that boys uproot their families or leave their families to go to Inverness for peanuts. I maybe don’t know the ins and outs of Inverness and neither am I interested, I don’t think iv even visited their thread. Thanks for your interest in Kelty Hearts though of which I know plenty about 👍

Went looking for the Caley thread to see this eejits posts kefc but fingers got tired scrolling before I could find it 

Squad is nineteen as I said earlier that includes young Bragg on loan from Dunfermline .  The five players brought in since the start of the season include two players on loan from SPFL clubs who have sod all SPFL experience, Russell from Airdrie who hardly played a game for them and was loaned out last season to Lowland league, Bembo who signed from Cumbernauld colts, The only player with significant experience was Scobie. Since the start of the season the club has seen three of its longest serving and presumably best paid players last season  Cargill, Ritchie and O'Neill (nearly 20 years service between them ) leave along with Campbell , club captain Carstairs has moved south to work as well.
Out of eight players signed for the start of the season three were signed from Lowland league, (Ashe, Jardine and Cenerazzo) and one was back up goalie at Airdrie (Mackenzie), That leaves four players, three of which were signed from tier three clubs. Well I've been watching Kelty 25 years, pretty sure they have signed quite a few from that level in that period. Rest of squad is Sean McKirdy signed from Lowland league, Ross Philp first signed for Kelty in  2012 and Ross Mutch from the u-20 squad.
A squad of nineteen is nothing unusual, pretty sure over the years squads have been bigger than that.

Just because you didn’t sign them from an SPFL club doesn’t mean they haven’t had SPFL experience. The only players I can see without SPFL experience are Jardine, Bembo and possibly Philp. To say Scobbie is the only one with significant experience is laughable given the SPFL experience of the likes of Austin, Reilly, Linton, McBride and Husband (who has played English Championship).

3 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Just because you didn’t sign them from an SPFL club doesn’t mean they haven’t had SPFL experience. The only players I can see without SPFL experience are Jardine, Bembo and possibly Philp. To say Scobbie is the only one with significant experience is laughable given the SPFL experience of the likes of Austin, Reilly, Linton, McBride and Husband (who has played English Championship).

Should Kelty not be applauded for recruiting these players? 

Read it again, I said Scobbie was the only one of the players signed since the start of the season with significant experience. Husband is in his fifth season at the club, played more games for Kelty than all his other clubs combined probably.  I'll say it again Kelty have over the years signed players with considerable SPFL/SPL experience on numerous occasions, Its nothing new to the club.

I made the first post and I never specified this season only, you chose to do that to make your point seem more valid.

Could you care to tell me how Kelty are affording all these players from the divisions above and how it is sustainable?

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

If you are recruiting them all under a totally sustainable and affordable budget then yes.

At this moment in time it’s very much an affordable budget, IF it ever does become unaffordable we will cut our cloth just like your club is having to do.