Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

52 minutes ago, MDM said:

I think Errol was simply shoulder barged off the ball - and that's allowed in the modern game....even if it's against a Kelty player!

Don't think Errol had set himself to protect the ball correctly and was then punished for it.

In other news saw the 20s hammered Crossgates last night. Did they have a full team out? Some result if so.

Edited by leomessi1984

Although a new team the under17's are heading into Division1 and start League campaign against Rothes this Sunday at 11.00 am .  3 or 4 of the boys in this team could be heading for the under 20's.  

Very impressive 2-1 win for the under17's  tonight as they made the trip to Dundee to play League champions and cup winners Fairmuir in a last friendly before their League opener on Sunday. quite a physical match, but the boys held their own, with some lovely football on display. certainly bodes well for Kelty Hearts  future when you see the talent coming through the ranks. 

53 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Deserved win.

I think they switched off a wee bit in the second half, but they got there in the end, Hearts scout was taking in the match as well.  Boys away next week to Am soccer, hopefully they can build on todays win. did you manage to get the whole game? a few folk came in a bit later.  

Aye like that was ever going to happen.[emoji38] Nae luck you're coming to Kelty on the 8th September.
Are we going to get a thank you statement? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We actually played decent apart from the 5/10 mins we conceded.

The bad news is that we picked up about 4 injuries tonight and finished with 9 men.

No you're a diddy team , just like the rest of us, embrace the diddiness. [emoji4]
I decided to give it a bash. This morning I stood in the mirror and said to myself:

SAS you are a gogsy
You are a gogsy

I repeated this for about 2 minutes before I realised I was meant to say diddy - same thing though surely.

2 hours ago, Hack258 said:

Many heading to the game tonight? Is the Kelty game at the pitch that's opposite the rugby ground?

I work about 5 minutes away at Swanston so going to take the game in!

The 3G pitch is right at the back of the rugby stand.

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

Game moved to Saughton Enclosure 8.00 pm kick off

I was at Edinburgh Rugby tonight ant Meggetland and wondered how your game wasn't still on when we came out:lol: I take it it got switched because of the game in the main stadium?

In what has been a good week for the club results wise, the under 17's played the first of 3 away fixtures in the League  at Ladybank against AM Soccer.   It was a very professional performance with the boys running out 4-1 winners , next up for the young team Bayside  at Dalgety Bay. :thumsup2