Kelheart

Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

I know Barry Ferguson isn't everybody's cup of tea because of the Rangers angle, but you look a division better in quality from the team you had under the previous manager. He clearly has some concept of what he's doing.

Probably a bit harsh on Tam, considering there has been a lot of changes to the team. Can’t argue with the record Tam had when he was there.

New Blog Post

Kelty 4-0 Kilmarnock Colts in the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup

Read the blog HERE and see all the match photos HERE

webkelty_v_kilmarnock-35.jpg

Are McBride and Douglas injured, haven't seen them since Dalbeattie game?

Not sure but can see both of them struggling for game time this season

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

McBride was in the stand with Easton last night. No sign of Errol. Big Shaq was in the dugout.

I know Barry Ferguson isn't everybody's cup of tea because of the Rangers angle, but you look a division better in quality from the team you had under the previous manager. He clearly has some concept of what he's doing.
That's what signing a bunch of League 1 and Championship level players will do for you.

Ferguson as a manager isn't people's cup of tea because he bombed at Clyde and gets hyped up regardless.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

That's what signing a bunch of League 1 and Championship level players will do for you.

Ferguson as a manager isn't people's cup of tea because he bombed at Clyde and gets hyped up regardless.

To be fair ;) Tuesdays game saw four players start that were there before Ferguson took over (Carstairs,Husband,Mutch and Philp)and another three signed from Lowland league teams (Ashe, Cennerazzo and McKirdy).

Out of the five named  subs Jardine came from Whitehill Welfare, Cargill and Ritchie are in their eighth season at the club, Dodd played in league 2 and Campbell has been playing non league since 2016.

Way off topic but can anyone help me. 

Kelty play a very catchy tune as the players enter the field. Just can’t place the tune at all. 

And it’s bugging the life out me. Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Forbes55 said:

I think it's by Mark Knopfler and it's called Going Home. It was the music for the film by Bill Forsyth called Local Hero. I would be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

It is the tune from Local Hero,

Took in the Kelty game on Tuesday night. It’s clear they have upped the ante regarding personnel since last season. Was a professional performance although Killie were disappointing. 

Scott Linton a great signing in particular. 

Would put money on a top 2 finish, just need to see if they can beat EK this season.

20 hours ago, Forbes55 said:

I think it's by Mark Knopfler and it's called Going Home. It was the music for the film by Bill Forsyth called Local Hero. I would be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Spot on. Thanks for that 

Some fitty the day like , thought Philp was brilliant and deserved mom , hope Fash is ok as he’s on fire 

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Some fitty the day like , thought Philp was brilliant and deserved mom , hope Fash is ok as he’s on fire 

Fash fine, come off as a precaution. Should be ok for next week.

Very promising start with plenty of goals! Long way to go but we have to be happy so far.

Something a bit different Tuesday night but we should at the very least provide them a stern test at Galabank.

6 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Cammy Russell signing for you lot

Kick in the teeth for the guys not getting a game at the moment then. He was good with east Kilbride wasn't he?

Edited by gogsy