Jump to content
Kelheart

Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Looking forward to a good game today! Hopefully the Star don't have as good a time agaianst us this time round.  Bit gloomy & wet in Fife but a 4 nil win for the Kelty will lift that! 😁

It definitely would, but any win would be welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 nil certainly lifted the gloom! Tougher tests like ahead but got to be happy with that start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

8 nil certainly lifted the gloom! Tougher tests like ahead but got to be happy with that start!

Its a good squad, when you have players like Philp,Cargill and Mutch coming off the bench opposition teams aren't going to get much of a breather. Decent  performance from the team. Dalbeattie number six could have been off, pretty sure it was him swearing at the ref when the penalty was give, he did the same later on and was booked for it.

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched this.

"Exceedingly robust" Dalbeattie tackling and Kelty profligacy kept it to 3-0 at HT.

Second half rout - albeit Star squandered a few chances.

Gulp-inducing chasm in quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Watched this.

"Exceedingly robust" Dalbeattie tackling and Kelty profligacy kept it to 3-0 at HT.

Second half rout - albeit Star squandered a few chances.

Gulp-inducing chasm in quality.

First 5 minutes looked like a contest then when the first goal went in Kelty put a stranglehold on the game and shifted gears. There was a point in the second half where Dalbeattie only touched the ball twice in about 5 minutes. Fair play to them they kept working even at 7 & 8 down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can I say about today ? 

Scored at the right times ,kept the ball well , and too a man played their part well done , 2 points better off than this time last season basically like chalk n cheese from last seasons opener 

well done Kelty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalbeattie were giving it a decent go in the first half hour. Kelty coming out and scoring 2 quick goals in the second half just destroyed Dalbeattie. It could of been 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Watched this.

"Exceedingly robust" Dalbeattie tackling and Kelty profligacy kept it to 3-0 at HT.

Second half rout - albeit Star squandered a few chances.

Gulp-inducing chasm in quality.

Didn't think Dalbeattie had that many clear cut chances but they did battle hard. Didn't expect 8-0, probably nobody did, but a tremendous start to what will be a tough campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Lovely strike from Scotty Linton for the opener.

 

Aye, he's always good for curling the odd free kick into the postage stamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s been a lot of folk saying the lowland league is getting more competitive as teams filter into it. It seems this season may be the opposite, with the teams that really want to go up investing big time in their team and leaving the rest along way behind.

Expect to see plenty more absolute pumpings. 

For me 2 horse race as EK have also strengthened after being comfortable winners last season.

Whatever happens hope the LL winner gets up this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, big al said:

There’s been a lot of folk saying the lowland league is getting more competitive as teams filter into it. It seems this season may be the opposite, with the teams that really want to go up investing big time in their team and leaving the rest along way behind.

Expect to see plenty more absolute pumpings. 

For me 2 horse race as EK have also strengthened after being comfortable winners last season.

Whatever happens hope the LL winner gets up this time.

Surely there has to be a question of long-term sustainability as well. Numerous clubs appear to be investing, presumably on the premise that it is better to do so now and attain (further) promotion from the Lowland League whilst it is a mix of strong and weak, rather than wait until there are many more stronger. I’ll be interested to see what happens to those clubs who invest but find promotion beyond their reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surely there has to be a question of long-term sustainability as well. Numerous clubs appear to be investing, presumably on the premise that it is better to do so now and attain (further) promotion from the Lowland League whilst it is a mix of strong and weak, rather than wait until there are many more stronger. I’ll be interested to see what happens to those clubs who invest but find promotion beyond their reach.



It will be interesting, but I’d also suggest that there aren’t any teams in the EoS who could feasibly come close to the spending power of Kelty, EK or Shire (in their boom or bust mindset). There are loads (almost every team in the Premier) who’ll have bigger budgets than the bottom 4/5 budgets in the LL, but I’d guess not enough of a budget to be competing at the top end immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, big al said:

There’s been a lot of folk saying the lowland league is getting more competitive as teams filter into it. It seems this season may be the opposite, with the teams that really want to go up investing big time in their team and leaving the rest along way behind.

Expect to see plenty more absolute pumpings. 

For me 2 horse race as EK have also strengthened after being comfortable winners last season.

Whatever happens hope the LL winner gets up this time.

So you're writing off BSC Shire and even Bonnyrigg Rose on the basis of the 1st Saturday of the season ? 

Far from a 2 horse race. 

The LL, like many leagues will have mini leagues of top 4 or 5 a comfortable 6 to 10 and a bottom 5 or 6 relegation battle  ?

As for loads of pumpings I dont think it'll be as easy as yer making out.There will be freak scorelines along the way though.

Do you know the  LL is renowned for a coupon buster or two as well  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Harry’s Toffee Knees said:

Surely there has to be a question of long-term sustainability as well. Numerous clubs appear to be investing, presumably on the premise that it is better to do so now and attain (further) promotion from the Lowland League whilst it is a mix of strong and weak, rather than wait until there are many more stronger. I’ll be interested to see what happens to those clubs who invest but find promotion beyond their reach.

In other words, clubs are spending big in order to avoid being another Spartans ie a club tipped to move into League 2 in the early LL years but failed and then overtaken to the point where it may never happen.  Edinburgh City instead were the beneficiaries.

The West will come on board at some point, and then things get a whole lot more difficult. There's at least 2 seasons before we maybe see one of them in the LL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

In other words, clubs are spending big in order to avoid being another Spartans ie a club tipped to move into League 2 in the early LL years but failed and then overtaken to the point where it may never happen.  Edinburgh City instead were the beneficiaries.

The West will come on board at some point, and then things get a whole lot more difficult. There's at least 2 seasons before we maybe see one of them in the LL.

Good point. But is becoming another Spartans such a bad thing? I appreciate that there is a window of opportunity for some clubs to realise their ambitions, but it’s currently not an easy league to escape from, at least up the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harry’s Toffee Knees said:

Good point. But is becoming another Spartans such a bad thing? I appreciate that there is a window of opportunity for some clubs to realise their ambitions, but it’s currently not an easy league to escape from, at least up the way.

No it's not a bad thing, but everyone knows Spartans were the prime movers behind the LL thinking it would be a straightforward step into the SPFL.  Didn't quite for out like that and at the moment it looks unlikely they will ever realise their ambitions.

EK and KH hold similar ambitions, and of course ES want their league status back, they all have the big budgets.  Not easy, but very interesting to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...