Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

7 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Sure I seen on rovers  thread he was pish n out his depth at beginning of season ?? 

He was mentioned on an episode of the Terrace Podcast earlier in the season, iirc they said he was a bit of a bombscare. I guess there's always the dropping down two divisions to factor in.

Do Kelty need another centre back? 

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

He was mentioned on an episode of the Terrace Podcast earlier in the season, iirc they said he was a bit of a bombscare. I guess there's always the dropping down two divisions to factor in.

Do Kelty need another centre back? 

Carstairs leaving to go work down south , big Errol not been seen for a while so probably a bit short at the back at mo , don’t know if McBride can play centre half 

Mendy had probably the worst professional debut in my 20+ years history of following the Rovers v Dundee in the cup. Caught on the ball constantly, gave away a penalty, at direct fault for the first goal and nearly decapitated Andrew Nelson attempting an overhead kick clearance in his own box. It then transpired, as RTR has said, that he’d had a concussion the game previous. He hasn’t really been seen since other than a game where he came on v Peterhead and have a goal away with a slack back pass, and a game v the Shippy.

Having said all of that, he has all the physical attributes of a dominant centre half and I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a player to succeed more than him. Hopefully this loan does him good and he can come back and be the commanding centre half we all thought we were signing.

I've seen Mendy play two games for us. The first was up at Caley away where he put in a really bad performance. He struggled to keep up with who we was meant to be tracking, and was useless at set pieces against us. Then we played him against Peterhead the Tuesday after. We were up by a few goals and it was the ideal time for him to gain some confidence. Unfortunately he came on, and immediately turn a completely innocuous situation into a horror show by turning under no pressure and immediately passing the ball to Ben Armour who finished with ease. As mentioned, it later turned out he'd been playing with concussion. 

Totally agree with what HS says. He's an absolute unit, but more than that he comes across as someone who seems like an absolute class act. You'll see him happily engage with fans, chat away to people and generally seems to be trying his absolute heart out. Every Rovers fan genuinely hopes he turns it around as he's such a nice guy. Maybe it'll be a confidence issue and playing with a team who are going forwards more will allow for him to adjust and improve.