Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

On 07/09/2019 at 19:36, Forbes55 said:

It was a great effort by the team today, but I was disappointed by Solihull thought they would have been a lot better than they actually were. Agree that the league is the priority and Bonnyrigg's defeat today gives us a boost.

Agreed for a full-time team Kelty should hold their heads high. Stereotypical English Conference team, their striker was definetly double my height.

Signing seems to have a few townie supporters raging, which is nice. [emoji4]
1. Not sure why we would be.
2. I've not seen any Pars fans raging.
3. Why "townies"? Are you a Cowdenbeath fan?
4. Why would it be "nice"?

Sounds like a decent signing on paper, he was playing at a reasonable level recently and should be a good option in the midfield. Having said that, Falkirk assembled a good looking squad on paper and that isn't working out too well for them.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

1. Not sure why we would be.
2. I've not seen any Pars fans raging.
3. Why "townies"? Are you a Cowdenbeath fan?
4. Why would it be "nice"?

Sounds like a decent signing on paper, he was playing at a reasonable level recently and should be a good option in the midfield. Having said that, Falkirk assembled a good looking squad on paper and that isn't working out too well for them.

Would imagine he will play in defence. Most likely at CB. We got a good deal for O'Neil so not surprised we went out and got some experience to bolster the backline. He played for EK as a trialist two weeks ago I think too.

Good signing considering there's really only one "recognised" CB in the squad with the addition of the YOUNG lad Bragg. 

Scrutiny will be there for any high profile signing but Kelty showed last weekend that with a depleted squad they can still compete at a high level. 

Don't think any real Kelty supporter who turns up every week will have any issue with what they see on the park week in week out at the moment (cumbernauld game aside) 

Exciting times for the lowland league and could also see some more established league clubs come into the lowland and find it hard to escape also... 

Don't think theres been such a microscope on lower league football in Scotland and Kelty are at the forefront of this new wave... Long may it continue! 

1 hour ago, TheSaltire said:

Good signing considering there's really only one "recognised" CB in the squad with the addition of the YOUNG lad Bragg. 

Scrutiny will be there for any high profile signing but Kelty showed last weekend that with a depleted squad they can still compete at a high level. 

Don't think any real Kelty supporter who turns up every week will have any issue with what they see on the park week in week out at the moment (cumbernauld game aside) 

Exciting times for the lowland league and could also see some more established league clubs come into the lowland and find it hard to escape also... 

Don't think theres been such a microscope on lower league football in Scotland and Kelty are at the forefront of this new wave... Long may it continue! 

Spot on.  Carstairs and Bragg really the only two although Danny Ashe has looked more than at home in there in the last 7 or 8 games.

Can see a few fringe players maybe getting a run out Saturday.  The likes of Campbell and Ritchie & Reilly should get minutes.

20 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Spot on.  Carstairs and Bragg really the only two although Danny Ashe has looked more than at home in there in the last 7 or 8 games.

Can see a few fringe players maybe getting a run out Saturday.  The likes of Campbell and Ritchie & Reilly should get minutes.

So much for my team line up predictions....

image.thumb.png.7b4faf4ccdda0f48c6bc8129f63e59a4.png