Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Obviously, the gamble for Kelty is to use the money from the backers to win promotion and establish themselves in League Two. 

Should it happen, that the backers were to then, pull out, I think they could still survive at that level, alongside the Annans and the Cowdenbeaths. They'd have their own ground and social club, comparable crowds, League payments and be able to get sponsorship by normal means. 

They'd have to cut their cloth and replace the big earners with more modest players on a par with the rest of the teams. The big danger would be signing the big earners on long term deals and being unable to meet the wages after the big money dried up. 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

If abramovic leaves Chelsea or sheik whoever leaves Man City they are still playing in the richest league in Europe, plus the champions league, plus regularly have crowds 30-40,000, plus have multi-million pound assets in their playing squad, plus generate huge sums in retail. I’m sure the banks would give them plenty of slack given the huge sums of cash these clubs turnover and the massive value of their assets.

That situation is nowhere near the same ballpark as Kelty chucking hundreds of pounds a week at guys from lower Scottish championship or league one. If your backers walk away it will all go tits up pretty quick and there won’t be a host of clubs lining up to put in mega bids for your players.

If you honestly cannot see how ridiculous it is drawing parallels with some of the richest clubs in the world then quite frankly you’re an idiot.

Your no getting it neebs it’s all relevant  within their own financial structures ffs it’s no hard , n anyway if they top players don’t get paid they walk away see Rangers for a wee example so in fact those teams might have multi million pound assets but damn sure they wouldn’t hang around if their £300k wasn’t in on Thursday 

Edited by Kelheart
Spelling

13 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Your no getting it neebs it’s all relevant  within their own financial structures ffs it’s no hard , n anyway if they top players don’t get paid they walk away see Rangers for a wee example so in fact those teams might have multi million pound assets but damn sure they wouldn’t hang around if their £300k wasn’t in on Thursday 

Rangers went bust though:lol:

All clubs who rely on backers to pay wages are potentially at the mercy of financial difficulties if the backer walks away. A slightly different scenario, but look at some of the clubs in England like Leeds or Sunderland, who tied players to huge wages then got relegated. Getting relegated is effectively a significant drop in income but they were saddled with big outgoings. The clubs still have to pay the players. Sunderland had to keep paying Jack Rodwell even though they couldn't really afford to, so they built up more debt.

There's no reason whatsoever to believe Kelty's backer(s) will walk away, leaving the club in the shit but if folk can't see the potential problem of picking up a large wage bill, relative to income, all based on personal financial backing, then you're just being willfully ignorant.

Well if it goes tits up you can enjoy the moment and if it doesn't you can go to school with your tail between your legs and concentrate on your homework....win win. 

Edited by lobo

Never disputed the fact outlay is more than income probably,  but god we are taking some stick fir it that’s my issue , plenty other teams out there all in the same boat but not getting the same flack imo , but as I say footballs a funny old game 

24 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Never disputed the fact outlay is more than income probably,  but god we are taking some stick fir it that’s my issue , plenty other teams out there all in the same boat but not getting the same flack imo , but as I say footballs a funny old game 

Folk are always going to comment on that. And by and large, any team in that situation is going to take a bit of flak. East Fife got it when Willie Gray came in and threw a load of money at winning the 3rd division (after which, I beleive he moved onto Ballingry which led to some "ambitious" signings before teh club went bust). Brechin and Stranraer fans were mocked pretty consitently for suggesting that their ability to outspend clubs with much higher crowds was down to 'prudent financial managment'. Nobody in their right mind thinks Peterhead, Cove or East Kilbride are 'living within their means'. There is absolutely nothing unique about the comments or criticism Kelty are drawing at the moment.

Edited by Gordon EF

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16192751

Nathan Austin insists Kelty Hearts move is for love of family and not
financial reasons after swapping Championship for Lowland League

Nathan Austin insists he swapped the Championship for the Lowland League for family reasons.

The striker left Inverness Caley Thistle to join Kelty Hearts and faced accusations of being unambitious and only going for the money.

But Austin has hit back and insists he is doing it to be near family, after spending so much time away from his young daughter.

Austin is also set to return to work outside of football while playing part time for Kelty.

He told the Press and Journal:

When I first came up to Inverness they helped me out with housing. My girlfriend had just gone on maternity leave so it tied in well. But she went back to her job three months ago and moved down the road. I found it hard to be without her and the wee one. Inverness was such a welcoming place and they did offer me a contract, but I had to turn it down.

I’m taking a couple of months off then going back to work in June; I’m spending time with family and it’s so good to spend time with them on a regular basis. You don’t realise how much you miss them.

Quite a few teams in that league are spending money. East Kilbride called me and offered me a deal. What Kelty offered me is not 20 times more than what other part-time teams offered me. I’m not going to lie and say it’s not good money – it is – but that’s just the way football is going. If you want to have the best players then you have to spend money.

19 minutes ago, Neilly said:

He gets to the truth of the matter by the end.

It's purely for money and no one grudges players that but they would get more respect for coming out and just admitting it.

He went for the best deal AFTER making sure that he had the quality time with his family that he craved. Can't see anyone doing any different under the same circumstances.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fife Cup R1:

Cowdenbeath v Kelty Hearts
Burntisland Shipyard v Raith Rovers
Dunfermline Athletic v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Dundonald Bluebell v East Fife

Hopefully throws up some good results! We go pumped last season of a Raith 20s team with three first team players :blink:

With kelty signing these high profile players, I really hope the u20s still get a chance. I don’t know how many featured last season,but I hope Barry involves them as much as possible. Imo, this season is the perfect chance for they players to progress playing with the likes of Reilly, Easton and Austin. Players who should be playing at a higher level, and could teach the young lads a lot.
I’ve seen them play 3 times this season and they’ve been excellent all 3. You can tell these boys are enjoying their football and Craig looks to be getting the best out of them

Fife Cup R1:

Cowdenbeath v Kelty Hearts
Burntisland Shipyard v Raith Rovers
Dunfermline Athletic v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Dundonald Bluebell v East Fife

When are these games played?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-16192751

Nathan Austin insists Kelty Hearts move is for love of family and not
financial reasons after swapping Championship for Lowland League

Nathan Austin insists he swapped the Championship for the Lowland League for family reasons.
The striker left Inverness Caley Thistle to join Kelty Hearts and faced accusations of being unambitious and only going for the money.
But Austin has hit back and insists he is doing it to be near family, after spending so much time away from his young daughter.
Austin is also set to return to work outside of football while playing part time for Kelty.
He told the Press and Journal:

When I first came up to Inverness they helped me out with housing. My girlfriend had just gone on maternity leave so it tied in well. But she went back to her job three months ago and moved down the road. I found it hard to be without her and the wee one. Inverness was such a welcoming place and they did offer me a contract, but I had to turn it down.

I’m taking a couple of months off then going back to work in June; I’m spending time with family and it’s so good to spend time with them on a regular basis. You don’t realise how much you miss them.

Quite a few teams in that league are spending money. East Kilbride called me and offered me a deal. What Kelty offered me is not 20 times more than what other part-time teams offered me. I’m not going to lie and say it’s not good money – it is – but that’s just the way football is going. If you want to have the best players then you have to spend money.

Lack of ambiotion imo!!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]