Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

What gate taking?  Jesus it was Kelty Hearts u20s Whitburn we’re playing not our senior side. 
The game would have been on a grass pitch with no payment, both teams agreed to share costs to use Astro pitch, the u20 team don’t get to use the pitch for free.
Our senior team and u20 team are 2 different teams.
If there was no gate takings, if still expect the home team to pay for the pitch hire if it was at their venue and they didn't own the pitch, in the same way that if Dunfermline were playing at home (or our reserves, or youths, or women's side) we'd pay for the floodlights, ground costs, etc even if there was little or no crowd. If things were to be split 50/50 then I'd expect the game to be played at a mutually agreed neutral venue like Dalgety Bay astro or Oriam or wherever. Seems a bit odd to me that a team would "invite" a team to play them at their home ground then ask them to contribute, especially if it wasn't agreed in advance.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
14 hours ago, kefc said:
What gate taking?  Jesus it was Kelty Hearts u20s Whitburn we’re playing not our senior side. 
The game would have been on a grass pitch with no payment, both teams agreed to share costs to use Astro pitch, the u20 team don’t get to use the pitch for free.
Our senior team and u20 team are 2 different teams.

If there was no gate takings, if still expect the home team to pay for the pitch hire if it was at their venue and they didn't own the pitch, in the same way that if Dunfermline were playing at home (or our reserves, or youths, or women's side) we'd pay for the floodlights, ground costs, etc even if there was little or no crowd. If things were to be split 50/50 then I'd expect the game to be played at a mutually agreed neutral venue like Dalgety Bay astro or Oriam or wherever. Seems a bit odd to me that a team would "invite" a team to play them at their home ground then ask them to contribute, especially if it wasn't agreed in advance.

How do you know we invited Whitburn and they didnt ask the u20's ? How do you know we didnt have a grass pitch with no cost to Whitburn but both teams wanted to play on the astro and agreed to pay half each? Why would Whitburn want to play at Dalgety Bay  for the same price as playing at Kelty, surely Keltys ground is more appealing.

Dunfermline have a turnover of over £1 million, heavily subsidised by SPFL/SFA prize money, we are very much self sufficient and until we get to the SPFL  (if it was ever to happen) and the rewards that brings to compare Dunfermline to Kelty Hearts or even Cowdenbeath for that matter who pocket almost £100k prize money then its not fair.

To be fair to Salvo Montalbano I think hes posted positive stuff about Kelty in the past, his points are reasonable but kefc has explained the position pretty well. Still think if some of the Whitburn players stayed off the pies for a week then they could get the £100 back pretty quickly.
I'm from Kelty and want them to do well... just seems a bit strange to me the way the situation played out. Sadly some of the posters here (maybe involved officially with the club?) get ultra defensive whenever there's any criticism of the club at all and come out with the jealousy stuff, etc. Clearly there was some kind of issue with the way it was organised otherwise Whitburn wouldn't have raised it via their social media.

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Ok just decided I haven't got a clue where we are going to finish in the league so picked a random number, looks like its going to be sixth place.:huh:

Mind games gogsy mind games yous are  defo top 5 meanwhile looking down from yer summit al gladly settle for 14th :unsure2:

16 hours ago, gogsy said:

Ok just decided I haven't got a clue where we are going to finish in the league so picked a random number, looks like its going to be sixth place.:huh:

You’ll finish 1st - 5th. The Strollers will be 6th. 

if we are having a wee prediction on league finishing position I would settle for 1st lol  na as long as we make a good fist of it and give the league hierarchy a run for their money I’ll be a happy chappy 

20s looked class in the first half tonight but fell away 2nd half and were beaten 3.2 by Bowhill. Thought young Archie Roue looked a great prospect. Bowhill struggled with the young boys at first but slowly got a grip of the game by going more direct to the big lad up top.

Also Lee Wallace supporting the coaching team tonight....great to see!

Edited by leomessi1984
Addition

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

See we have signed young Ciaran Chalmers.  Any Selkirik fans got any info?

He looked decent in the game against Brora Rangers.

He did that mate 

been told by wife and kids must attend little mix concert tonight or no football tomorrow, the things you huv ti dae min 

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Was with Whitehill before Davie Bingham took him to Selkirk. Very good prospect and it will suit him playing in Fife rather than trekking over the bridge.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

I'm sure he's a Fife lad had a spell at ww alongside Harvey Swan (cowdenbeath)  as well as Selkirk so well experienced for the LL despite being a young age.