Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Sunday 6th June is the official P&B GTF day when Kelty Hearts can officially start their new thread on League 2.....so how about some Kelty Hearts tales before they go ?

My fond memory was the expression on the face of Bo'ness United striker Hissy9 the first time he ran out on the old grass pitch at Kelty to discover a big hole about 4 feet across filled with sand. He stood staring at it for about a minute , shook his head and pronounced that he wished he'd brought a bucket and spade.

Great work done at Kelty Hearts to improve the facilities and team. A well deserved promotion. I wish them all the best for their League 2 adventures.

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sunday 6th June is the official P&B GTF day when Kelty Hearts can officially start their new thread on League 2.....so how about some Kelty Hearts tales before they go ?

My fond memory was the expression on the face of Bo'ness United striker Hissy9 the first time he ran out on the old grass pitch at Kelty to discover a big hole about 4 feet across filled with sand. He stood staring at it for about a minute , shook his head and pronounced that he wished he'd brought a bucket and spade.

Great work done at Kelty Hearts to improve the facilities and team. A well deserved promotion. I wish them all the best for their League 2 adventures.

The pitch was a challenge for a few years - drainage was poor! We are spoiled now Dave!

The old dugout across the other side from where the new ones are was great for watching when it was raining.  You just had to watch the nails in to roof when Kelty scored 🤣

Edited by leomessi1984

49 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Shire had some good games against Kelty in the past few years. I think my favourite was the 3-3 draw where we were 2 down with 20 to play, their keeper was sent off for handling outside the box, we scored twice, they scored in the 91st(?) minute and then we equalised again almost right from kick off. The was a big post-game shoving match as well. 

Funnily enough I was watching highlights on YT of that game just the other day, and it's remarkable how different the Kelty team is to now. I think that was very early in Barry's tenure (although if I am right in thinking he may have missed the game to play celebrity 5-a-side). 

29 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Shire had some good games against Kelty in the past few years. I think my favourite was the 3-3 draw where we were 2 down with 20 to play, their keeper was sent off for handling outside the box, we scored twice, they scored in the 91st(?) minute and then we equalised again almost right from kick off. The was a big post-game shoving match as well. 

Funnily enough I was watching highlights on YT of that game just the other day, and it's remarkable how different the Kelty team is to now. I think that was very early in Barry's tenure (although if I am right in thinking he may have missed the game to play celebrity 5-a-side). 

Spot on. I was at the soccer sixes that weekend where he was playing! Shire were good that day. We still had several players from the Courts era playing. Cargill, O'Neil etc. Think Ross Philp is the only one left. I'd be delighted if he stayed.

7 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Spot on. I was at the soccer sixes that weekend where he was playing! Shire were good that day. We still had several players from the Courts era playing. Cargill, O'Neil etc. Think Ross Philp is the only one left. I'd be delighted if he stayed.

Aye Ross seems to be the only one still there from Tam’s era.

Be interesting to count up the number of players used since you joined the EOS.

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Can’t come quick enough. Also hope they get the GTF message from the non league Twitter updates.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

This might be the best place to ask a stupid question...

...why Kelty Hearts?  With the Jambo colours?   Were the founders way back when all Heart of Midlothian fans?  I couldn't find any answers on a google search.

I did wonder whether there might be a rebranding on promotion as a commemoration and a distinction, but I assume there's not even been the sniff of a suggestion of that.

22 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

This might be the best place to ask a stupid question...

...why Kelty Hearts?  With the Jambo colours?   Were the founders way back when all Heart of Midlothian fans?  I couldn't find any answers on a google search.

I did wonder whether there might be a rebranding on promotion as a commemoration and a distinction, but I assume there's not even been the sniff of a suggestion of that.

Seems to have been a few teams with different suffixes in use - Rangers (twice), Thistle, Hibernians - have a look at the Kelty section in: https://docplayer.net/59023520-Towns-fields-clubs-of-fife.html