Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

On 10/05/2021 at 00:03, craigiemack said:

Does anyone think that brora didn't want to go up? ... 

There's been nothing negative about leaving the HL from their money man for years now and they genuinely appeared to be aggrieved about there being no playoff last year so doubt it in terms of the club hierarchy. That's not the whole story though.

If you are a player from up that way that's comfortable playing for them in an  HL context but would be leaving the club reluctantly as you are not able to deal with trips to Annan and Stranraer etc maybe you are not quite as up for it as the entire Kelty team appeared to be?

19 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tickets sold out in 2 minutes 🤣

Massive week for the club and all involved , hope the boys can get something to take up to Brechin next week and make a bit of our own history 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🤞

Mon Kelty 

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Massive week for the club and all involved , hope the boys can get something to take up to Brechin next week and make a bit of our own history 🙏🏻🙏🏻🤞🤞

Mon Kelty 

100% Kelheart. The boys should be full of confidence after the Brora game.

15 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Mon Kelty 

My reckoning is a bigger win for Kelty than that against Brora.

9 hours ago, Cornishman said:

My reckoning is a bigger win for Kelty than that against Brora.

I would expect the Brechin players to fight tooth and nail to maintain their place in the SPFL. They will be aware that if they drop out of League 2 they will find it difficult to get back up again, so Kelty can't afford to be over confident. I would also expect Kelty to be right up for this tie though, so it could be close. I have been lucky enough to have obtained a ticket for tomorrow's match and I am looking forward to it immensely. I bought a season ticket last summer but was only able to use it a handful of times due to the virus, but tomorrow will make up for all the matches that I couldn't gain entry for. I just hope that all of the diehard Kelty fans were able to get a ticket too.

Edited by Robert Forbes
Grammar

1 hour ago, Robert Forbes said:

I would expect the Brechin players to fight tooth and nail to maintain their place in the SPFL. They will be aware that if they drop out of League 2 they will find it difficult to get back up again, so Kelty can't afford to be over confident. I would also expect Kelty to be right up for this tie though, so it could be close. I have been lucky enough to have obtained a ticket for tomorrow's match and I am looking forward to it immensely. I bought a season ticket last summer but was only able to use it a handful of times due to the virus, but tomorrow will make up for all the matches that I couldn't gain entry for. I just hope that all of the diehard Kelty fans were able to get a ticket too.

We can but hope that your enthusiasm will be dampened tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Aren’t all the Brechin players from the glasgow area and central belt? They’ll all be getting punted/moved on if Brechin lose.

Brechin results have been much tighter recently, I think Kelty will find it tougher than they think.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

Aren’t all the Brechin players from the glasgow area and central belt? They’ll all be getting punted/moved on if Brechin lose.

Brechin results have been much tighter recently, I think Kelty will find it tougher than they think.

With the experience that the Kelty management have they will be well aware of the decent results that Brechin had towards the end of their season. I can't see kelty taking Brechin lightly at all.

I would expect the Brechin players to fight tooth and nail to maintain their place in the SPFL. They will be aware that if they drop out of League 2 they will find it difficult to get back up again, so Kelty can't afford to be over confident.

Most players these days are on one year contracts - doubt they’ll be thinking too much of the club’s future.

5 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Most players these days are on one year contracts - doubt they’ll be thinking too much of the club’s future.

Are kelty players on longer term contracts? 

Regardless, there will be no lack of motivation from them as well, given how long they've had to wait until being able to have a playoff, and Brechin's antics prior to this one.

1 minute ago, AlansHotBath said:

Are kelty players on longer term contracts? 

Regardless, there will be no lack of motivation from them as well, given how long they've had to wait until being able to have a playoff, and Brechin's antics prior to this one.

Brechin will be hoping to keep this tight  to give themselves a chance going into the second leg at home. But I have a feeling Kelty might be taking a 3 - 4 goal advantage into Sunday

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Club 42 has yet to win the 1st leg of the final. In fact the record is quite horrific 3 draws, 2 losses and only 1 goal scored.

Cove Rangers beat Berwick Rangers 4-0 in the first leg off the final two years ago

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Club 42 has yet to win the 1st leg of the final. In fact the record is quite horrific 3 draws, 2 losses and only 1 goal scored.

Yeah we drew 0-0 away to Cove (should have lost 3-0 at least) and 0-0 at East Kilbride (missing a late penalty).

Kelty will have too much up top for Brechin.