Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Agree with everything that has been said. Kelty were a bit slow to get started yesterday. But when they did click into gear, they blew Brora away. The second half performance from them yesterday was outstanding. A strong Brora team, that Kelty made look very average. Take that momentum into the Brechin games, and it should be too much for Brechin. With all due respect, it won’t be an easy two games for Kelty. Brechin have picked up some decent results of late.

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Agree with everything that has been said. Kelty were a bit slow to get started yesterday. But when they did click into gear, they blew Brora away. The second half performance from them yesterday was outstanding. A strong Brora team, that Kelty made look very average. Take that momentum into the Brechin games, and it should be too much for Brechin. With all due respect, it won’t be an easy two games for Kelty. Brechin have picked up some decent results of late.

I have to agree, Kelty were much stronger & I didn't expect that.

Only one one aspect over the two matches were Brora far better & that was the camera location. At Kelty it is far too low & was far more difficult to follow the match.

But, being Kelty it will summat they will have in hand to improve !!

I have to agree, Kelty were much stronger & I didn't expect that.
Only one one aspect over the two matches were Brora far better & that was the camera location. At Kelty it is far too low & was far more difficult to follow the match.
But, being Kelty it will summat they will have in hand to improve !!

Yeah I agree, but apart from that it played brilliant and never buffered. Brora and Kelty done well with the live streaming, looking forward to the Brechin games

45 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Yeah I agree, but apart from that it played brilliant and never buffered. Brora and Kelty done well with the live streaming, looking forward to the Brechin games

No complaints about either stream, both excellent.

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

No complaints about either stream, both excellent.

Kelty have provided an excellent streaming service since the boys started it. Their wee camera platform is great but agreed that it could be tad higher! 

Does anyone think that brora didn't want to go up? They had all the advantages but looked really, really average. Especially going by their bottle job against Montrose years ago 

I think the LL is stronger than the HL but expected more from them. 

5 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Does anyone think that brora didn't want to go up? They had all the advantages but looked really, really average. Especially going by their bottle job against Montrose years ago 

I doubt a team wanting to chuck it has there keeper save 2 penalties or tries to come out swinging to pull themselves back into the tie at the start of the 2nd leg

12 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

If there was pay at the gate the ground would be bursting as there's loads of neutrals gagging to attend a game.

We would break the attendance record of it was fully accessible I think Dave! 

On 09/05/2021 at 23:03, craigiemack said:

I don't buy it in the slightest. Brora barely deserved that play-off spot anyway with what happened in the HL. They could have declined it or supported the HL calling null and void which they absolutely would have done it it wasn't for the play off. Weren't Brora making big noises about getting into the play-off?

I think folk need to accept that Brora are a very decent team and have had some great results over the past few seasons but they're not quite as good as some folk make out. If it wasn't for that Hearts result, I think most folk would have had Kelty as clear favourites.

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't buy it in the slightest. Brora barely deserved that play-off spot anyway with what happened in the HL. They could have declined it or supported the HL calling null and void which they absolutely would have done it it wasn't for the play off. Weren't Brora making big noises about getting into the play-off?

I think folk need to accept that Brora are a very decent team and have had some great results over the past few seasons but they're not quite as good as some folk make out. If it wasn't for that Hearts result, I think most folk would have had Kelty as clear favourites.

yeah i think they're pretty overrated. I don't think they chucked it, I just don't think they cared as much about it as Kelty. They're happy skudding teams in the HL, picking up the odd cup win and trying to get a scalp in the Scottish but as a club they're not really interested in the SPFL and due to their geographical position who can really blame them. I'm glad Kelty got past them.

12 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

yeah i think they're pretty overrated. I don't think they chucked it, I just don't think they cared as much about it as Kelty. They're happy skudding teams in the HL, picking up the odd cup win and trying to get a scalp in the Scottish but as a club they're not really interested in the SPFL and due to their geographical position who can really blame them. I'm glad Kelty got past them.

Could be. All the players Kelty have signed recently from the SPFL will be pretty desperate to get back up there. Brora are a bit more of a 'Highland League Allstars' squad. I'm sure they'd have loved to win the play-off but promotion might not mean quite as much to them.

Would have liked the situation to have allowed more than 250 into NCP for the game against Brechin. As it is, the vast majority of those seats will (rightly, I suppose) be taken by sponsors, club members and season ticket holders. Fundamentally, it's their money that's gone a long way in easing the burden of this unprecedented season.