Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

2 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I appreciate that, but I am led to believe that they didn’t use these figures in the end. Not for the first time however, I could be wrong. 😀

In what way though can you say Tier 5 was hard one by based on what they received.

Headcounts for 2018-19 for the current LL clubs worked out as 175, the HL might bump that up a little but not much. Call it 200 as an average attendance £6 ticket, 16 home games, across 34 clubs = £652,800.

I couldn't find the 2018-19 ticket prices for League Two but the average cheapest adult ticket price in 2017-18 was basically £12

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931

So £12 x 475 average attendance x 18 game season x. 10 teams = £1,026,000. League Two make a loss by that approach, it gets worse for League One and Championship.

Whereas the same approach Tier 5 have pocketed extra money by a clear margin.

What's the method that's supposed to say Tier 5 clubs as a whole were disadvantaged. While a Kelty, Bo'ness, or Bonnyrigg could feel hard done by being at the top, it's obvious an average was taken. With 34 teams it meant that the bigger teams got bundled up with Unis, the then Edusport Academy, and Fort William and dragged right down.

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In what way though can you say Tier 5 was hard one by based on what they received.

I couldn't find the 2018-19 ticket prices for League Two but the average cheapest adult ticket price in 2017-18 was basically £12

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41482931

So £12 x 475 average attendance x 18 game season x. 10 teams = £1,026,000. League Two make a loss by that approach, it gets worse for League One and Championship.

Whereas the same approach Tier 5 have pocketed extra money by a clear margin.

What's the method that's supposed to say Tier 5 clubs as a whole were disadvantaged. While a Kelty, Bo'ness, or Bonnyrigg could feel hard done by being at the top, it's obvious an average was taken. With 34 teams it meant that the bigger teams got bundled up with Unis, the then Edusport Academy, and Fort William and dragged right down.

My understanding was that the money given out was to cover losses which you have pointed out, however a portion was also to support the clubs and allow them to continue playing under COVID protocols. The protocols come with their own costs, but when that progressed to testing, the tier 5 clubs were left behind in terms of affordability . When you factor in the extra £2 million given to the SPFL from James Anderson then tier 5 was further disadvantaged. In my opinion the £50k given to each SPFL. club should have been taken into account when distributing the government/Camelot money.

Just now, Big Dougie said:

My understanding was that the money given out was to cover losses which you have pointed out, however a portion was also to support the clubs and allow them to continue playing under COVID protocols. The protocols come with their own costs, but when that progressed to testing, the tier 5 clubs were left behind in terms of affordability . When you factor in the extra £2 million given to the SPFL from James Anderson then tier 5 was further disadvantaged. In my opinion the £50k given to each SPFL. club should have been taken into account when distributing the government/Camelot money.

By virtue of Tier 5 and 6 making more money than they would across the average gate receipt (A lot more Fort Williams & Unis at Tier 5 than Keltys, and a lot more Bonnytons & LTHVS at Tier 6 than Talbots & Polloks) then the pyramid non-league did get more.

• 2 weeks later...
on \Saturday 24th April It's Kelty v Brora at New Central Park according to the Kelty website 
................but on the Brora Rangers website it's Brora Rangers v Clachnacuddin on the 24th.
Confused.com

That’s nothing Kelty TV has them at home on the 24th and their website fixture list has them away on the 24th confused 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Has the Kelty v Brora match been confirmed? I thought there was going to be a meeting on the 19th where a decision was to be made.

The SFA confirmed the dates for Kelty v Brora. Start is next weekend. It's the SPFL meeting on the 19th to confirm their side of things. 

The SFA confirmed the dates for Kelty v Brora. Start is next weekend. It's the SPFL meeting on the 19th to confirm their side of things. 

Disgrace if they don’t let Kelty / Brora play Brechin just to save Brechin again. They got a get out jail free card last season, no way they should get another. Get this 10th place play off in the bin and just relegate 10th. HL/LL playoff winner goes up, no team finishing bottom shouldn’t be relegated!

Difficult to see any possible justification for cancelling the playoffs this year that could stand up to appeal so odds on it's happening. Last year it was legally impossible to play the games when they needed to be played so the two scenarios are not in any way comparable.

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Disgrace if they don’t let Kelty / Brora play Brechin just to save Brechin again. They got a get out jail free card last season, no way they should get another. Get this 10th place play off in the bin and just relegate 10th. HL/LL playoff winner goes up, no team finishing bottom shouldn’t be relegated!

Once the SFA scheduled the dates for the HL/LL Play-off I think it was pretty much a given. As with everything on here people picked through the article on Ken Ferguson stepping down and saw every possible conspiracy in it.

Happy to see the HL/LL Play-off become an automatic promotion spot, mainly so the HL/LL get the extra couple of weeks to schedule their league games.

8 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

The juniors don’t exist anymore

They do actually. The north region and what remains of the east region are probably going to be HL feeders from next season onwards and a lot of WoS clubs have retained SJFA membership with a view to future SJC participation. How long that will last remains to be seen but the SJFA is almost certainly still going to be around next season.

As has been stated already the ties under SFA control Brora v Kelty have been confirmed BUT the SPFL controlled ties e.g club 42 v HL/LL will be decided at tomorrow’s (Mon 19th) meeting, so it is still very much unknown if it will go ahead until after that meeting.

What way that will go who knows, the SPFL have proved they are a law unto themselves, if it is a no I would imagine they have done their due diligence for any potential legal claims from Brora/Kelty.

According to the Ken Ferguson website story the delay was partly because they had to confirm that 18 games could actually be completed by the middle of this week in time to issue dates for another four after that. There had also been reconstruction plans in the works that might have eliminated the need for the games.

If all they are doing tomorrow as stated in the website story is assessing the eligibility of Kelty and Brora against SPFL membership criteria, it should be a formality and the Club 42 playoff should be announced for May 8th and 15th immediately after Brora vs Kelty games on the 24th and 1st.