Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Aye neeb n scored a few but then Austin came back so chances limited 

Few good games and cameos off the bench. He was a very good option so would say still a loss. Who knows when we'll be back though be interesting to see what the squad looks like by then.

• 1 month later...
Chance to go up via PPG looking more likely. Glad we might get a shot,  either through a playoff or reconstruction after all the work that's went in.
Back to back boardroom titles, is an absolute disgrace. Titles should only be won on the park.

(Not the fault of Kelty - I hasten to add)

6 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Back to back boardroom titles, is an absolute disgrace. Titles should only be won on the park.

I disagree. Over the games played before the league was forced to stop, Kelty had the best record on the park and that is why they were crowned champions last season and potentially this. What would be a disgrace is if the hard work and expense clubs in the LL have put into making this season happen was to be ignored. For me that is why null and void isn’t an option.

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I disagree. Over the games played before the league was forced to stop, Kelty had the best record on the park and that is why they were crowned champions last season and potentially this. What would be a disgrace is if the hard work and expense clubs in the LL have put into making this season happen was to be ignored. For me that is why null and void isn’t an option.

It's always going to be sore one however it happens this year. Kelty's one loss this season has been against East Kilbride and they haven't played BSC, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire or Bo'ness. They were by no means guaranteed the title.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's always going to be sore one however it happens this year. Kelty's one loss this season has been against East Kilbride and they haven't played BSC, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire or Bo'ness. They were by no means guaranteed the title.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy about it. I think the LL has been offered up like some sort of sacrificial pawn in a political game between the football authorities and the government. But when it became clear we were never going to get the opportunity to play Kelty, East Kilbride and Bonnyrigg, to then throw away the season that so many people worked hard for is simply unacceptable. I also quite like the fact that in making this decision they are putting the pressure back on the SPFL.

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Agreed Auld Heid. Not much anyone can do though! Badly missing Central Park! 

Agreed Auld Heid. Not much anyone can do though! Badly missing Central Park! 
Agree, we are all missing football.

Quite possibly that was behind the decision to dive head long back into a new season that had no guarantee of being completed.

The solution of using PPG is a very easy cop out.

6 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Agree, we are all missing football.

Quite possibly that was behind the decision to dive head long back into a new season that had no guarantee of being completed.

The solution of using PPG is a very easy cop out.

What solution would you use?