Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

8 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Better test tonight against a game Mussy side. Step up in levels next with the next two games. Interesting change of formation tonight. Felt we were better when the subs came on.

Better test for Musselburgh too! Felt we matched you well for first half, though in fairness, your keeper had a quiet time.

Just before your subs came on, Burgh should have equalised. Keeper made a great instinctive save following a corner, then another good save, soon after when Burgh attacker shot from keeper’s right hand post. From the resultant corner, again, Burgh should have scored, but player putting ball past.

Three minutes after the subs, Kelty were 3-0 up with two quick fired goals. Kelty took their chances, Burgh did not - best team won.

35 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Better test for Musselburgh too! Felt we matched you well for first half, though in fairness, your keeper had a quiet time.

Just before your subs came on, Burgh should have equalised. Keeper made a great instinctive save following a corner, then another good save, soon after when Burgh attacker shot from keeper’s right hand post. From the resultant corner, again, Burgh should have scored, but player putting ball past.

Three minutes after the subs, Kelty were 3-0 up with two quick fired goals. Kelty took their chances, Burgh did not - best team won.

Fair assessment Casey. You guys should do well this season. We've got some improvement required and still finding our feet after several signings bedding in I feel.

On 14/09/2020 at 21:35, Chapelhall chap said:

Read the blog as Airdrie visit you on Saturday. That squad certainly looks like a L1/2 outfit: all the ex Airdrie players and guys I have seen at many other L1 clubs ( and above). I watched the highlights and I will be checking out streaming. Should be a good game. Good luck for your season.

thanks Chap. I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday to see how we do against League 1 opposition

What an absolute nightmare this whole 'quest 'is turning out to be. 

Horrific in national cups 

Overpaid for years for very little reward banking on league football by now and nowhere near it. 

Probably no scottish cup this season now likely no betfred cup as testing will be needed! 

Oh what a shame! 

NOT 

Btw Least you'll be spared an embarrassment from auchinleck as that cup looks doomed. 

2 hours ago, rncaa said:

Overpaid for years for very little reward

banking on league football by now and nowhere near it. 

Probably no scottish cup this season now likely no betfred cup as testing will be needed! 

Oh what a shame! 

NOT 

Btw Least you'll be spared an embarrassment from auchinleck as that cup looks doomed. 

You ok mate?????  Yep nightmare quest it has been winning the league!!!! Nowehere near league football????? WOW

Probably no Scottish, Likely no Betfred????  Anything else you'd like to add to a "potentially list"

Edited by Jackson Pollock

2 hours ago, rncaa said:

Overpaid for years for very little reward banking on league football by now and nowhere near it. 

Oh what a shame! 

NOT 

Oh here we go again it's the fud of the month with another crazy post!! 

4 hours ago, rncaa said:

Oh what a shame! 

NOT 

Shambles of a post number 63 #shamblescount

Seek help you lunatic......

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Spending on tests for for 20 players/management @£150 a pop per test x 2 games = £7000. Allegedly minimum prize money for team that finishes bottom of section is £20,000. Absolute shambles of an article by Barry Ferguson, couple of weeks wages foregone by the management duo would sort out the cash for testing for at least one game. 

Come on now Gogsy! As much as he's occasionally spoken nonsense on that forum at times, I don't think you can argue against most of his points being valid.

18 hours ago, gogsy said:

Spending on tests for for 20 players/management @£150 a pop per test x 2 games = £7000. Allegedly minimum prize money for team that finishes bottom of section is £20,000. Absolute shambles of an article by Barry Ferguson, couple of weeks wages foregone by the management duo would sort out the cash for testing for at least one game. 

Was just thinking that myself. The Betfred is a bigger cash cow than the Scottish Cup. Kelty's prize for just being in it will be more than they'll spend in testing not to mention it's not like Kelty are short of a bob.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Was just thinking that myself. The Betfred is a bigger cash cow than the Scottish Cup. Kelty's prize for just being in it will be more than they'll spend in testing not to mention it's not like Kelty are short of a bob.

Ferguson is good at creating controversy, like he enjoys it, I don't actually think he believes half the stuff he says himself.

Just now, Jackson Pollock said:

Ferguson is good at creating controversy, like he enjoys it, I don't actually think he believes half the stuff he says himself.

He doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box. I suspect he just has no idea what he's talking about.

On 17/09/2020 at 17:51, leomessi1984 said:

Come on now Gogsy! As much as he's occasionally spoken nonsense on that forum at times, I don't think you can argue against most of his points being valid.

On 17/09/2020 at 15:43, gogsy said:

Testing cost would likely be more like £60/£70 per head 

On 16/09/2020 at 20:49, kayemphoto said:

thanks Chap. I'm looking forward to the game on Saturday to see how we do against League 1 opposition

First thanks for the streaming link which went really well on my PC. There was one error code but refresh restored it in seconds and never happened again. I rarely listen to the professional commentators so the guy's description of what was taking place was calm and measured. The camera work was good  and  if that is how streaming works then I can see me doing it at Airdrie. Whether I would do it again at Kelty would depend on the game. The match itself was like most friendlies in that both teams played some good football, and there were some tasty challenges, but it was an early game scenario. Obviously I was more keen to see where Airdrie are but Kelty look to have a very competitive squad. Austin will be a handful/Higginbotham offers real skill and the defence looked quite solid. Good footballers at L1 level and Easton still has the abilities I had seen before. Our goal was from a very quick move but it was very flukey. I had glanced away so missed the penalty incident but the Ref had a good game so heh ho. Thought we had got away with it from Curries save but not to be. All in all a strange experience especially that yellow strip but it felt like a Saturday. Thanks again and good luck but please can we avoid you in any cup run?

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

First thanks for the streaming link which went really well on my PC. There was one error code but refresh restored it in seconds and never happened again. I rarely listen to the professional commentators so the guy's description of what was taking place was calm and measured. The camera work was good  and  if that is how streaming works then I can see me doing it at Airdrie. Whether I would do it again at Kelty would depend on the game. The match itself was like most friendlies in that both teams played some good football, and there were some tasty challenges, but it was an early game scenario. Obviously I was more keen to see where Airdrie are but Kelty look to have a very competitive squad. Austin will be a handful/Higginbotham offers real skill and the defence looked quite solid. Good footballers at L1 level and Easton still has the abilities I had seen before. Our goal was from a very quick move but it was very flukey. I had glanced away so missed the penalty incident but the Ref had a good game so heh ho. Thought we had got away with it from Curries save but not to be. All in all a strange experience especially that yellow strip but it felt like a Saturday. Thanks again and good luck but please can we avoid you in any cup run?

Fair assessment Chapelhall! Glad the stream worked well for you. Its been decent for me since we started running it. You guys will be fine this season with some more game time under the belt! Fordyce strolled it.