Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

39 minutes ago, firstclassbairn said:

Four Kelty players put up for sale last week and stated all were reluctantly being made available after individuals asked for a move. One stays local to me and he knew nothing about it.   

Any actual facts to back this up? I've seen nowt about anyone being listed.

Miller has left for Thornton is the only thing I've heard.

38 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Mckenzie Douglas mckirdy Ashe on the list was sent to clubs last week I would imagine kelty looking for 3k plus for each all good players 

Surprised at McKirdy being on the list. The rest would be expected. Would be great additions to any other LL team. Douglas been away for a bit anyway also, thought he'd have been away for free.

On 25/08/2020 at 18:04, big al said:

Unless it’s different this season due to the virus, it’s usually players not in the first 11 who these clubs play in these games.

You'll be in for a bit of a shock then when we rock up. It'll be our strongest team and quite rightly so. Whilst we've played league matches, there is still players missing game time in their legs. Whilst we'll have youngsters on the bench, they've been there all season so far. Plus it's genuinely one of only 2 competitions we have a realistic shot of going deep into, after last years fiasco, we'll be taking it very seriously. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

You'll be in for a bit of a shock then when we rock up. It'll be our strongest team and quite rightly so. Whilst we've played league matches, there is still players missing game time in their legs. Whilst we'll have youngsters on the bench, they've been there all season so far. Plus it's genuinely one of only 2 competitions we have a realistic shot of going deep into, after last years fiasco, we'll be taking it very seriously. 

Hopefully a strong line up. Gives us a much bigger test (obviously with you clear favourites!).

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Looks like Peterhead FC stands for Peterhead Feeder Club.

No far wrong Gogsy although all three recent additions are good players. Still dumbfounded that Bembo is in the squad & we might lose McKirdy! 

Edited by leomessi1984

To clear up any confusion on here.

Hubby intimated he is giving up football, hes had a management promotion at work and a young family, football isnt a priority for him now especially with Covid and doing other things at weekends/week nights, football for him has taken a back seat.

Sean Mckirdy has bought a new industrial unit for his PT Business thats doing so well and couldnt commit as he would have liked due to time doing it up and building his business, he wanted to take time away from football.

Danny Ashe can only train once per week, he wants to find a club who could cater for his time constraints.

We naturally wanted all these players to stay and they have put us in a bit of a position in trying to replace them hence the late activity to bring repalcements in. Its a blow no doubt to be losing these players but theres not much we could do. Football really has taken a back seat with alot of players due to Covid, the hunger and desire goes into other things such as work, business, families. It may return but for now the way football is having spoken to many players its not important to a few part time players as much as it was.

We planned to bring in 3/4 players max, thats been turned on its head. How the season panned out wouldnt have helped either i would have thought after so much was put in.

Edited by kefc

13 hours ago, kefc said:

To clear up any confusion on here.

Hubby intmiated he is giving up football, hes had a management promotion at work and a young family, football isnt a priority for him now especially with Covid and doing other things at weekends/week nights, football for him has taken a back seat.

Sean Mckirdy has bought a new industrial unit for his PT Business thats doing so well and couldnt commit as he would have liked due to time doing it up and building his business, he wanted to take time away from football.

Danny Ashe can only train once per week, he wants to find a club who could cater for his time contraints.

We naturally wanted all these players to stay and they have put us in a bit of a position in trying to replace them hence the late activity to bring repalcements in. Its a blow no doubt to be losing these players but theres not much we could do. Football really has taken a back seat with alot of players due to Covid, the hunger and desire goes into other things such as work, business, families. It may return but for now the way football is having spoken to many players its not important to a few part time players as much as it was.

We planned to bring in 3/4 players max, thats been turned on its head. How the season panned out wouldnt have helped either i wouldnt have thought after so much was put in.

Great update kefc! Looking forward to seeing who will come in. Sad to see Hubby go, he's been great for us over the last few years! 

What's this cowboy outfit up to now pretending to be something they aren't  again by 'live streaming 'lowland league matches for folk to watch at home.  Couldn't think of something more soulless and depressing that watching this bunch of ferguson mercenaries prancing about pretending to be big time in front of nobody .  As usual with this lot wasted money all for show which will again end up in nothing achieved.

Someone tell these jokers the whole point of football so low down the pyramid is the experience of going to a game,  meeting up with people,  fresh air,  interacting with people and making new friends.  

What a bunch of charlatans. 

Edited by rncaa

11 minutes ago, rncaa said:

What's this cowboy outfit up to now pretending to be something they aren't  again by 'live streaming 'lowland league matches for folk to watch at home.  Couldn't think of something more soulless and depressing that watching this bunch of ferguson mercenaries prancing about pretending to be big time in front of nobody .  As usual with this lot wasted money all for show which will again end up in nothing achieved.

Someone tell these jokers the whole point of football so low down the pyramid is the experience of going to a game,  meeting up with people,  fresh air,  interacting with people and making new friends.  

What a bunch of charlatans. 

Hahaha state of this post. What is wrong with live streaming games if fans aren't allowed to attend? Stick the link to a just giving page in the description and I'm sure a lot of fans watching would donate some cash. It's better than nothing 

The Shire began live streaming last season and it was great. I moved to Dundee 4 years ago and as such I didn't get the chance to see us play as often. My Saturdays were reduced to looking on twitter for updates or my pals texting me, if the cameraman couldn't make it there would be no highlights so I would never know what happened.

Last year the games were livestreamed so if I was free on Saturday afternoon and couldn't make the game I could watch my team play. Obviously it's not the same as being there but for fans that don't live local or can't make the game it is still brilliant. We defeated Civil Service with 2 late goals and it was like we'd won the Champions League the way I was jumping about my house. Fair play to Kelty if they are going to stream, hopefully other clubs follow if they have the resources.

On your way troll.

3 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Hahaha state of this post. What is wrong with live streaming games if fans aren't allowed to attend? Stick the link to a just giving page in the description and I'm sure a lot of fans watching would donate some cash. It's better than nothing 

The Shire began live streaming last season and it was great. I moved to Dundee 4 years ago and as such I didn't get the chance to see us play as often. My Saturdays were reduced to looking on twitter for updates or my pals texting me, if the cameraman couldn't make it there would be no highlights so I would never know what happened.

Last year the games were livestreamed so if I was free on Saturday afternoon and couldn't make the game I could watch my team play. Obviously it's not the same as being there but for fans that don't live local or can't make the game it is still brilliant. We defeated Civil Service with 2 late goals and it was like we'd won the Champions League the way I was jumping about my house. Fair play to Kelty if they are going to stream, hopefully other clubs follow if they have the resources.

On your way troll.

Aye spend thousands on equipment and everything else all for in reality a handful of people to actually watch it realistically on a match day.  Will be lucky to get the committed supporter to bother with that never mind casual ,  the odd diehard non league nerd like you with nothing better to do maybe but not many of those going about. 

9 minutes ago, rncaa said:

Aye spend thousands on equipment and everything else all for in reality a handful of people to actually watch it realistically on a match day.  Will be lucky to get the committed supporter to bother with that never mind casual ,  the odd diehard non league nerd like you with nothing better to do maybe but not many of those going about. 

Hahahaha thousands of pounds on equipment. You can do it on a mobile phone if you wanted, you must be a good junior man as youre so out of touch with the times.

Around a hundred people watched the shire games at a time, that would grow when the 'diehard fans' or 'non league nerds' like myself who aren't allowed to attend watch the games. 

So should I just not pay any attention to my football club because I have to watch it online? Should the volunteers who put hours and hours per week into their club just stop because they are only allowed to watch it online? 

Streaming online gives people the opportunity to connect and get back involved in their football club. It can only be a good thing. These are extraordinary times, it's a great thing for clubs to do. Streaming online helped keep me hooked to the shire and I'm sure thousands of people around the country who can't attend games will stay connected to their club if there are streaming opportunities available.

Keep living in the past old boy.