Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 14:40, Pampabay said:

Something to play for ?????

what has Brechin City, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers done in the last 10 years. ? They are a waste of space 

Move over and let Kelty, Brora, East Kilbride, Auchinleck  in and set the league alight  

look what’s happened with Cove

This is the problem, the teams with neither imagination or ambition are content to sit where they ate doing nothing each year and why do they do nothing ?

Because they are run by mindsets like some of these who are posting comments on this site

Very limited  to say  the least 
Now I need to go and have a good laugh at Raith Rovers about to be denied promotion, serves them right for voting against Kelty with the reconstruction 

I take it you are on the wind up.  I will bite though. 

This was the first season Brechin have been in the bottom league for about 18 years. On that basis alone , your post becomes irrelevent  due to your lack of research and knowledge.

Clubs have low points as well as high .  Football is cyclic. 

Cove were the exception.   Elgin , Annan and Edinburgh City also entered the league and remain stuck in league 2 .  What makes you think any of the non league clubs you mentioned will automatically be a success? 

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I take it you are on the wind up.  I will bite though. 

This was the first season Brechin have been in the bottom league for about 18 years. On that basis alone , your post becomes irrelevent  due to your lack of research and knowledge.

Clubs have low points as well as high .  Football is cyclic. 

Cove were the exception.   Elgin , Annan and Edinburgh City also entered the league and remain stuck in league 2 .  What makes you think any of the non league clubs you mentioned will automatically be a success? 

The  non league clubs mentioned will be able to attract the best players locally and move forward. 

What would you rather do play locally for a team or train in Glasgow or Edinburgh and travel to the likes of Brechin on a matchday.

Havent a clue where your players are based by the way so apologies if I'm totally wrong here  but guessing a lot are not in the Angus area. 

Berwick didnt become a bad team overnight. Now look at them and that most probably is down to a team like Edinburgh City coming from non league and putting a team on the park from the central belt. 

If the offer is there to play locally then its gonnae be a lot harder for teams like yourself to attract players. 

Maybe that's one of the reasons why teams are so reluctant on a promotion from the LL.

Just an observation and I could be way off the mark here  though 🤔

Edited by newcastle broon

Admit some of that maybe true,looking ahead, what can these sort of clubs aspire to ? or are they just happy to be part of the spfl ? Hopefully the big hitters of non league can find their way through - could spfl2 be enlarged,just playing home and away ? As with the English Leagues some clubs have their time and then sink back to their level, Stoke, Ipswich etc. Guess that lower Scottish clubs have a smaller pool of players to pick from,makes it difficult.

On 01/07/2020 at 22:36, theoriginalhedge said:

Cove are no exception : Inverness,Ross  County and Livingston ( Meadowbank,Ferranti Thistle) have all made it  to the Premier  League !

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

We have signed keir macaulay a left back from kelty. Any good?

Good young player. Never let us down, without being outstanding, when he played. Was part of the best 20s team I've seen for a long time.

48 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Good young player. Never let us down, without being outstanding, when he played. Was part of the best 20s team I've seen for a long time.

Hopefully do a job for us remember ur a top lowland league side we r a top half eosfl side

On 03/07/2020 at 19:55, the philosopher said:

Cove are no exception : Inverness,Ross  County and Livingston ( Meadowbank,Ferranti Thistle) have all made it  to the Premier  League !

You forgot Gretna.........

6 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Jamieson a cracking signing for you guys. Great guy and easily a championship keeper, wish him all the best

Hadn't seen an announcement yet. Quick on the draw Lichtie 😄. Seems a good signing.

Edited by leomessi1984

16 minutes ago, loughton said:

Enjoy the lowland league QUEST next season AGAIN nicer club you couldn't come across NOT. 

Shambles of a post number 18 #shamblescount

(Joined Friday night.....deary me!)

Edited by leomessi1984