Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Very quiet on here about what any plans are squad wise.

We are obviously still waiting to see where things land league wise, and start date wise, but it will be interesting to see if we strengthen and where.

If we remain where we are I can see one or two being added. If things turn out well and we end up going into an expanded L2/3 I can see several more coming in. We may finally sign Jo Cardle 🤣

Edited by leomessi1984

4 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Very quiet on here about what any plans are squad wise.

We are obvioulsty still waiting to see where things land league wise, and start date wise, but it will be interesting to see if we strengthen and where.

If we remain where we are I can see one or two being added. If things turn out well and we end up going into an expanded L2/3 I can see several more coming in. We may finally sign Jo Cardle 🤣

Are all the players from this year signed on for next?

The SPFL announcement must give you some hope that you might be playing League 2 football next season though.

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

The SPFL announcement must give you some hope that you might be playing League 2 football next season though.

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

The SPFL announcement must give you some hope that you might be playing League 2 football next playing

Full squad are signed for next year. Humphrey on a short term extension.

Positive noises at least I think cragie!

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Full squad are signed for next year. Humphrey on a short term extension.

Positive noises at least I think cragie!

Interesting, I suppose the squad is good enough for League 2 football so wouldn't matter either way. I'm sure with a few more defensive signings you'd fancy your chances of winning the league. The fact the SPFL released that statement gives a lot of hope, 11 out of 12 Prem teams is a big ask though. The lower tiered clubs will vote so long as the financial distribution suits them. 

Interesting times ahead, here's hoping it goes through. Would be a wide open title race if Kelty go up.

31 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Interesting, I suppose the squad is good enough for League 2 football so wouldn't matter either way. I'm sure with a few more defensive signings you'd fancy your chances of winning the league. The fact the SPFL released that statement gives a lot of hope, 11 out of 12 Prem teams is a big ask though. The lower tiered clubs will vote so long as the financial distribution suits them. 

Interesting times ahead, here's hoping it goes through. Would be a wide open title race if Kelty go up.

Several teams in it next season, regardless of us going up or not. East Kilbride will be making similar signings to what you've seen at Kelty this year. 

We would need a top CB, back up to Fash & another few quality squad players at least.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Several teams in it next season, regardless of us going up or not. East Kilbride will be making similar signings to what you've seen at Kelty this year. 

We would need a top CB, back up to Fash & another few quality squad players at least.

All fine and well  having money and making 'big signings' but you need to spent it wisely, as I'm sure Shire and EK fans can testify to 😂

Edited by craigiemack

4 hours ago, NCAC said:

No statement yet??  

Enjoy vale of leithen ,gretna phoenix away next season oh and the boys clubs and student teams next season thats if we even get a full season next season. 

I take it you are looking from an outside window that these teams are all bothering you ? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, NCAC said:

No statement yet??  

Enjoy vale of leithen ,gretna phoenix away next season oh and the boys clubs and student teams next season thats if we even get a full season next season. 

Another crackpot incarnation. You really are to be pitied.

7 hours ago, NCAC said:

No statement yet??  

Shambles of a post number 12 #shamblescount (a new alias cannot hide you)

Absolute shambles of a headline this morning in response to the vote yesterday,

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-gaffers-birthday-relief-22198675

The reconstruction vote was a chance to accelerate the pyramid, reward success and allow forward thinking clubs the opportunity to excel in the SPFL. The League 2 clubs have shat themselves at the prospect of Kelty and Brora coming in since day 1, repeatedly making excuses and diverting attention to other 'problems'. But i'm sure clowns like McMenemy, Tatters and Findlay have enjoyed their fifteen minutes of fame during this, I don't think they will get very warm welcomes when their teams are inevitably rotting away in the lower tiers of the pyramid. It's going to be a great day when it comes. 

Doesn't say much for Albion Rovers finances if they shite themselves at the prospect of going to Brora twice a year. Maybe Strachan was right...

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Absolute shambles of a headline this morning in response to the vote yesterday,

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-gaffers-birthday-relief-22198675

The reconstruction vote was a chance to accelerate the pyramid, reward success and allow forward thinking clubs the opportunity to excel in the SPFL. The League 2 clubs have shat themselves at the prospect of Kelty and Brora coming in since day 1, repeatedly making excuses and diverting attention to other 'problems'. But i'm sure clowns like McMenemy, Tatters and Findlay have enjoyed their fifteen minutes of fame during this, I don't think they will get very warm welcomes when their teams are inevitably rotting away in the lower tiers of the pyramid. It's going to be a great day when it comes. 

Doesn't say much for Albion Rovers finances if they shite themselves at the prospect of going to Brora twice a year. Maybe Strachan was right...

Summed up very well! If they scrap next year's play off then there are even more serious questions to ask!

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Summed up in a pretty risible myopic manner - as seems to have sadly become commonplace 

Well it's not wrong though, is it?

Albion Rovers have just stated that they didn't want Brora in the league. McMenemy wants relegation to be scrapped for a few years. Tatters used any excuse he could possibly think of to try and halt reconstruction while Cowdenbeath are terrified at the prospect of Kelty and other forward thinking Fife clubs joining the leagues. 

They used every excuse and diversion possible to avoid reconstruction and in the end they got what they wanted. They can wrap it up in any way they want but they are all terrified at what is coming up from beneath them. While they stagnate, everyone below them is progressing and that is only going to make things worse as one by one they drop out of the leagues.

36 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Summed up in a pretty risible myopic manner - as seems to have sadly become commonplace 

Not much you can argue with though surely? I understand everyone is looking to protect themselves just now, but the apathy was there well before Covid. Competition breeds success and improvement, it shouldn't be feared, and can only be positive.