Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

18 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

God, this is getting insufferable now. That middle section is so up themselves it's unreal. 

Their "trail blazing" and "brave buy-ins" to the pyramid means zilch in this context, who cares? 

To be fair to them i dont think it was written with you or i in mind. Its a statement that will appeal to their own support and the romanticists.  You know the ones i mean, the type of people who love the tune from the Hovis advert.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

They at least deserve a shot at promotion. There's no denying that.

The SPFL, SFA, LL and HL must agree upon any changes to our play-off and Kelty and Brora are well within their right to seek advice.

It's just a shame they don't have anyone on the SPFL board to scratch their back and save their club from impending relegation.

The middle bit maybe wasnt needed but these fans reading it will remind them of their pride of why they're a Kelty fan.

Lots of people quick to say its a case of "toys out of the pram" etc but it's easy to say that when your club isnt in that situation. They'll soon surpass Cowdenbeath in terms of stature and folk cant handle that. As will several of the ex juniors when they eventually make their way up the system.

Any reconstruction should include Kelty and Brora if they aren't given the chance to play the play-off or what's the point in the whole pyramid?

What's the incentive for all the clubs from the west joining if it's going to become a bottleneck at the top of the LL.

The LL will end up being a better league than League 1 at this rate.

I think you may have a good point. The LL will end up being a better league than League 1 at this rate.

Certainly better run and if the up-and-coming clubs are jam packed into the Lowland League, because of the bottle-neck, then maybe League 2 will drop down a level eventually in playing standards anyway. League 1 maybe will take a lot longer!

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

To be fair to them i dont think it was written with you or i in mind. Its a statement that will appeal to their own support and the romanticists.  You know the ones i mean, the type of people who love the tune from the Hovis advert.

True. It very much feels catered to folk who dont know anything about this level but bite at the suggestion of anything that resembles what they've decided is a "proper" football club 

To clarify my position. Both Kelty and Brora should be in the play off for Division 2, whether that's practical at the moment I don't know. But both of them have not been "denied" promotion, given that one wasn't going to be in the relegation/promotion play off, although one of them has (probably) missed out on the chance of promotion, given that I feel either of them would have had a chance of beating Brechin under the circumstances pertaining when the leagues were called. 

13 hours ago, lobo said:

All Kelty are trying to do is better themselves, some folk can't handle that as they appear happy being mediocre, that's fine if you are just don't complain about a team that want and have put a lot of work in to get promoted. With the Brechin chairman on the SPFL they have closed the door on the pyramid system(a slap in the face to the LL/HL) so taken away the chance of them going down despite finishing bottom. 

That is one preposterous statement. Fans are happy with mediocrity because they don't have some sugar daddy throwing the cash at them instead of Kelty Hearts?

I think you may have a good point. The LL will end up being a better league than League 1 at this rate.
Certainly better run and if the up-and-coming clubs are jam packed into the Lowland League, because of the bottle-neck, then maybe League 2 will drop down a level eventually in playing standards anyway. League 1 maybe will take a lot longer!
Unfortunately the lowland league is also still going to be full of shit at the bottom holding up all the quality in the EOS and new Wos.

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:
On 29/05/2020 at 09:33, Dev said:

Unfortunately the lowland league is also still going to be full of shit at the bottom holding up all the quality in the EOS and new Wos.

You another one suddenly finding the LL is the place to be Al. Where have you been for the past few years? 😂

Being English I'm interested in both the Scottish and English FA being shite, how the FA treated the lower lges by null & voiding was pathetic, just make a decision you clowns. PPG all the way down, at least you'd know where you stand. Find the Hearts thing comical, the way the Premier Lge are moaning about neutral grounds etc, let's see what happens when we lose clubs after covid19. 

12 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Being English I'm interested in both the Scottish and English FA being shite, how the FA treated the lower lges by null & voiding was pathetic, just make a decision you clowns. PPG all the way down, at least you'd know where you stand. Find the Hearts thing comical, the way the Premier Lge are moaning about neutral grounds etc, let's see what happens when we lose clubs after covid19. 

Having lived in England for 8 years and than moved up I've definitely also found out that incompetence with football authorities is very bad on either side of the border!

Edited by Marten

What I can’t get and maybe someone can explain is: if a club can’t play because crowds aren’t allowed and therefore they don’t have income, does that mean the league is suspended. Additionally does that mean that sponsored cup competitions  can’t start and if so what happens to the sponsorship money.

in this regard I’m interested in Ann Budges comments of philanthropists willing to help out lower league sides.

Forget the fact she wants to save Hearts from relegation, does her proposals not also mean that more funds will be available for all lower league  clubs.

if not, how are teams below the top division going to survive and if they don’t does that not make restructuring a necessity.

sorry for such a long question.

1 hour ago, Pampabay said:

What I can’t get and maybe someone can explain is: if a club can’t play because crowds aren’t allowed and therefore they don’t have income, does that mean the league is suspended. Additionally does that mean that sponsored cup competitions  can’t start and if so what happens to the sponsorship money.

in this regard I’m interested in Ann Budges comments of philanthropists willing to help out lower league sides.

Forget the fact she wants to save Hearts from relegation, does her proposals not also mean that more funds will be available for all lower league  clubs.

if not, how are teams below the top division going to survive and if they don’t does that not make restructuring a necessity.

sorry for such a long question.

I think these are things nobody really knows at the moment so it's all just opinion.

I would assume that all leagues outside the Premier cannot last paying wages with no gate receipts for too long so it all depends when people are allowed back inside grounds and when furlough ends. I would imagine that if people aren;t allowed back into grounds for the start of the new season, the most sensible option will be to have a shorter season starting in the autumn / winter.

I’m not sure if I understand your post but I can assure you that the Lowland league is not full of garbage.

there are a number of very strong teams and I for one have seen many good games this season both home at Kelty and away.

On 29/05/2020 at 08:38, lobo said:

All Kelty are trying to do is better themselves, some folk can't handle that as they appear happy being mediocre, that's fine if you are just don't complain about a team that want and have put a lot of work in to get promoted. With the Brechin chairman on the SPFL they have closed the door on the pyramid system(a slap in the face to the LL/HL) so taken away the chance of them going down despite finishing bottom. 

This comment sums up why Kelty are perhaps not quite ready for the step up to the SPFL .  Sure your club have made a remarkable climb through the grades but the undignified way they have conducted themselves  through these difficult times  has been quite alarming and has given rise to people making up their own agendas .........leading to unnecessary  personal assaults on other people's characters.  

Every club competing in the SPFL are trying desperately to improve themselves but unfortunately some are not in the position to throw wads of cash at each situation as they arise and have to play the cards they are dealt. 

The door has not been closed as you so crudely put it . There was no logical way that the play off games could have been played  in a reasonable timescale to be able to start a new season . Not only that but all 3 clubs are now in a position that players might be  out of contract and the clubs would be entering the play off matches with the possibilities of having a completely different playing squad.  

The pyramid will be there next season if and when the season gets going again. It is then up to each club to make the most of the situation on the pitch and not through media ranting . 

On 28 May 2020 at 22:12, geo87 said:

Think Kelty have every right to be fucked off at not getting opportunity to go up. This once again clearly demonstrates that the SPFL wants to continue as a closed shop, until this changes at all levels the game is screwed from top to bottom

Told you so.

39 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This comment sums up why Kelty are perhaps not quite ready for the step up to the SPFL .  Sure your club have made a remarkable climb through the grades but the undignified way they have conducted themselves  through these difficult times  has been quite alarming and has given rise to people making up their own agendas .........leading to unnecessary  personal assaults on other people's characters.  

Every club competing in the SPFL are trying desperately to improve themselves but unfortunately some are not in the position to throw wads of cash at each situation as they arise and have to play the cards they are dealt. 

The door has not been closed as you so crudely put it . There was no logical way that the play off games could have been played  in a reasonable timescale to be able to start a new season . Not only that but all 3 clubs are now in a position that players might be  out of contract and the clubs would be entering the play off matches with the possibilities of having a completely different playing squad.  

The pyramid will be there next season if and when the season gets going again. It is then up to each club to make the most of the situation on the pitch and not through media ranting . 

TBH I’ve got no issues with any club using the media to highlight the injustice and sheer hypocrisy at play here. Kelty were bold enough to out the behind the scenes manipulation of the the LL board to accept Brechin if they were relegated. Despite it requiring a mid season rule change that as recently as last season the SFA advised them wasn’t permitted. (Sporting integrity) 😂😂 The inconsistency of the SPFL of relegating teams only if they remain within the SPFL structure demonstrates perfectly the closed shop protectionism at play here.

The wads of cash comment is a bit pathetic at the end of the day; so long as clubs live within their means what they spend is up to them. 

What gets me is that the SFA can decide no matter what the 3 outstanding 2019/20 Scottish Cup games will be completed in front of fans and yet they can’t give the same commitment to 4 play off games.

I’ll bet if given the option the majority of league 2 clubs will vote to mothball next season. Where does that leave the pyramid or sporting integrity?

Brechin dodged a bullet fact. Instead of coming on here patronising Kelty fans perhaps a wee bit more humility on your part might not go a miss.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

What gets me is that the SFA can decide no matter what the 3 outstanding 2019/20 Scottish Cup games will be completed in front of fans and yet they can’t give the same commitment to 4 play off games.

It's all about the different consequences for the matches. The outstanding Scottish Cup games will be played after the 2020/21 season starts, probably long after. That is obviously not in any way feasible for the play-offs, since the league can't start if you don't know who is going to be in it.