Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

22 hours ago, craigiemack said:

George Fraser mentioned it during his LL catchup interview. I then somehow found myself watching one of Mozzas twitch streams for 20 mins and he spoke about how George Fraser was ‘very confident’ that games would be back by Autumn but they would be behind closed doors at first.

I think to generate income they could either try and implement a paywall or link the donate a ticket to the streams and try to make money that way. All depends on whether UEFA take away the 3pm ban on live football.

That seems to be their plans but putting them into practise is another thing entirely.

Just to add a wee bit of clarity here...

Even if UEFA don't change the 3pm rule (as I'd expect they will), the Lowland could easily schedule behind closed doors games for 12:30pm kick offs as an example. There are all sorts of possibilities.

As far as football returning, we'll need to wait for the government to lead ultimately. As soon as they indicate to the SFA that training can resume, we'll hopefully be able to get a structured plan in place for the return of games. Can't come back soon enough from a selfish point of view!

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Even if UEFA don't change the 3pm rule (as I'd expect they will), the Lowland could easily schedule behind closed doors games for 12:30pm kick offs as an example. There are all sorts of possibilities.

As far as football returning, we'll need to wait for the government to lead ultimately. As soon as they indicate to the SFA that training can resume, we'll hopefully be able to get a structured plan in place for the return of games. Can't come back soon enough from a selfish point of view!

The 3pm rule isn't a UEFA rule though, it's England & Scotland specific. UEFA just have a rule that individual countries are allowed to make such decisions, but only 3 (England, Scotland and Montenegro) actually do so. I assume the rule for Scotland has been set by the SFA but I can't find that information.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-blackout-rule-uk.html

• 2 weeks later...

The Pyramid retains its credibility - this is a unique season.  There is no scope for play offs this season due to Covid.  So Kelty, Cowden, Edinburgh City, Falkirk, Brora, etc all unfortunately lose out.  I am not sure suggesting that 2 clubs should be given promotion as compensation for one of them not getting a play off opportunity is a fair solution?  This isn’t a debate about auto promotion/relegation it is about a play off situation

I think we're fast approaching the time where it will be hands-up who can play behind closed doors in the SPFL, and divisions formed accordingly.  Those who won't/can't will be mothballed until paying fans can return, or simply fold.

Kelty and Brora are being shafted, the SPFL have no right to arbitarily call-off the play-off, that still needs dealt with by the SFA. However, I think they may get a chance very soon when it becomes apparent that not all 42 clubs will be around for when normality eventually returns. Some are saying they run out of money come July.

Phoenix clubs joining the EoS or WoS? that is a possibility.

Are Brora and Kelty, and the HL & LL as a whole, in the right when they point out that the SPFL can't unilaterally decide not to enter the playoffs, even when common sense tells us there's no way to play them? Yes, and it's right that a fuss is kicked up about this in the hope it sees some structural change to promotion/relegation in future seasons.

Does this mean a Lowland League club who've shovelled money at players who could be playing in the Championship using lines like 'being the underdog and at times finding a way to succeed' and 'worked so hard against the odds' is not ridiculous self-pitying birthday caird pish? No, because it's clearly bullshit.

Groundhog Day.

Ann Budge- rant rant , legal action, Hearts too big to go down etc., vote for league reconstruction or armageddon

Kelty- better put out a statement and tag along on the Hearts push for change

Almost everyone else- yawn 

Anyone who is interested outside of Scotland- Scottish football is a shambles

I think Strachan was right. Full time clubs should be run by their own association and the semi pro part timers should have their own association so they look after their greatly different requirements.

Ps it’s all China’s fault

Think Kelty have every right to be fucked off at not getting opportunity to go up. This once again clearly demonstrates that the SPFL wants to continue as a closed shop, until this changes at all levels the game is screwed from top to bottom

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

There is absolutely nobody outside Scotland that cares that Scottish football is a shambles. All this Scottish football is a laughing stock to other countries is a load of nonsense, nobody cares enough outside to be even interested. Lets face it l'Equipe and La Gazzeta dello Sport probably wont be instructing their readers on Ann Budges feeble attempts to keep Hearts in the Premiership.

Was thinking more in England, where it does register a little. 
Rest of Europe would probably struggle to name more than 6 Scottish teams.

Oh and the English definitely think it’s a shambles.  They watch Sky Sports news as well and 5 minutes about Scottish football will confirm this for them.

Edited by big al

39 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Cowdenbeath and East Fife sounding worried here so Kelty must be doing something right.

I would imagine they are both worried, considering there may not even be a 20-21 season fro them to play in, or best case scenario maybe half a season:

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

And should we care that people in England think that Scottish football is a laughing stock, I couldn't care less what they think.

It wasn’t really my point, although we are and plenty of people in Scotland think this, including myself. And I go to at least 1 Scottish game per week all season, sometimes 2 or 3 and I have little interest in football in other countries.

9 hours ago, big al said:

I would imagine they are both worried, considering there may not even be a 20-21 season fro them to play in, or best case scenario maybe half a season:

Exactly. I would be good for Cowdenbeath and East fife to see another Fife team in the league. If Kelty continue to get cash pumped into them long enough to allow to them to get to the same level as East Fife, I'll be delighted.

Statement man on what 20 quid a statement??  Must have a tidy little stash of cash by now. Have some dignity and stop begging for something you don't deserve. 
They at least deserve a shot at promotion. There's no denying that.

The SPFL, SFA, LL and HL must agree upon any changes to our play-off and Kelty and Brora are well within their right to seek advice.

It's just a shame they don't have anyone on the SPFL board to scratch their back and save their club from impending relegation.

The middle bit maybe wasnt needed but these fans reading it will remind them of their pride of why they're a Kelty fan.

Lots of people quick to say its a case of "toys out of the pram" etc but it's easy to say that when your club isnt in that situation. They'll soon surpass Cowdenbeath in terms of stature and folk cant handle that. As will several of the ex juniors when they eventually make their way up the system.

Any reconstruction should include Kelty and Brora if they aren't given the chance to play the play-off or what's the point in the whole pyramid?

What's the incentive for all the clubs from the west joining if it's going to become a bottleneck at the top of the LL.

The LL will end up being a better league than League 1 at this rate.

All Kelty are trying to do is better themselves, some folk can't handle that as they appear happy being mediocre, that's fine if you are just don't complain about a team that want and have put a lot of work in to get promoted. With the Brechin chairman on the SPFL they have closed the door on the pyramid system(a slap in the face to the LL/HL) so taken away the chance of them going down despite finishing bottom. 

What about the other play offs, then?

Kelty - and Brora - haven't been denied promotion. They have been denied the chance of promotion. Brechin haven't been saved from relegation. They've been saved from the possibility of relegation.

There is no relegation from League 2. Maybe there ought to be, that's a different question.

On 19/05/2020 at 11:32, Born To Run said:

The issue will be getting all 17 clubs agreeing to play behind closed doors. I cant see that happening unless some financial support is put in place.