Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

To change our play-off I'm sure the LL and HL need to agree to it. SPFL cant make the call for us.

Great, but the SPFL has called the season. Unless they restart it, how do propose to have it played?

10 hours ago, TheSaltire said:

Play it before the season starts seems a reasonable option

I don't see how this is feasible. Teams need certainty to plan for the season and set budgets and may/may not be relegated or promoted into a new league a couple of weeks before the league campaign kicks off? 

There's no chance Kelty/Broara get their playoff game without the rest of the teams in the SPFL getting theirs as well, which I can't see happening. 

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I was thinking more in the lines of two up two down.

But the Highland league would have to get their house in order (if that is possible) to allow this to happen ,it would probably only be a matter of time before LL would complain that their pyramid system deserves better treatment than the HL due to more competition / clubs in their system . You will never keep all happy 

On 16/05/2020 at 17:01, craigiemack said:

Apparently the LL is planning for a restart in Autumn but behind closed doors to begin with. They're exploring ways to live stream games which would allow fans to watch games. 

Really? Where are you getting this from? I’d be amazed if any club at our level would be able to afford to play games behind closed doors. 

11 hours ago, Michael W said:

How are you going to have the playoff played without restarting the season?

Mate don't they are clutching at straws. The 'legal action ' will fizzle out once the toys are put back in the pram and the owner of the club will throw the legal fee money towards a player or two. 

12 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Not really sure this will go anywhere, tbqh. Kelty and Brora weren't denied automatic promotion, they were denied a chance to play-off for promotion, as were several other teams up and down the leagues. Shit luck undoubtedly, but what exactly can they hope to achieve by taking legal action? 

I think it's that the SPFL can legislate within the SPFL.  But unilaterally banning a play-off with two other leagues is not within the SPFL's purview.

The SPFL could agree to scrap the playoff with the HL and LL, and maybe the SFA has a part to play, but you can imagine what price Kelty and Brora would demand in return for scrapping the playoffs.

So it's a dilemma for lots of SPFL clubs.  Have two more clubs in, raising the risk of relegation whenever football gets underway; or face legal action that will be costly to defend and uncertain in outcome.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Great, but the SPFL has called the season. Unless they restart it, how do propose to have it played?

The point seems to be that none of the SFA, SPFL, HL or LL has the power to change the agreement on its' own. If, e.g. , the SPFL choose not to comply with what they've already agreed with the SFA, HL and LL then they might be in a difficult situation legally? That means they need to get a grip and deal with the other three parties to the arrangement - whatever that means in practice - who knows? 

16 minutes ago, Dev said:

The point seems to be that none of the SFA, SPFL, HL or LL has the power to change the agreement on its' own. If, e.g. , the SPFL choose not to comply with what they've already agreed with the SFA, HL and LL then they might be in a difficult situation legally? That means they need to get a grip and deal with the other three parties to the arrangement - whatever that means in practice - who knows? 

There has to be agreement between the 4 parties.   If the SPFL refuse to put up a candidate club for the play-off, would that mean the winners of the LL/HL play-off (which could feasibly happen before next season starts) would go up and Brechin down given that the SPFL have refused to enter?   The rule doesn't really cover the eventuality that one or more of the leagues withdraw, so it's open to interpretation as to what happens next.

As it's an SFA competition, are they the ones to bring all parties together to discuss?

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

Mate don't they are clutching at straws. The 'legal action ' will fizzle out once the toys are put back in the pram and the owner of the club will throw the legal fee money towards a player or two. 

Good to see you ignored my scumbag rebuttle to your last slaver ya skidmark 

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

There has to be agreement between the 4 parties.   If the SPFL refuse to put up a candidate club for the play-off, would that mean the winners of the LL/HL play-off (which could feasibly happen before next season starts) would go up and Brechin down given that the SPFL have refused to enter?   The rule doesn't really cover the eventuality that one or more of the leagues withdraw, so it's open to interpretation as to what happens next.

As it's an SFA competition, are they the ones to bring all parties together to discuss?

The regulations also state that a champion club has to be declared as a result of all games being played. I'm not a legal expert, but there can be many interpretations. The SPFL would probably say that as the HL/LL didn't finish their leagues, their side of the agreement didn't get adhered to. Yet the HL/LL will obviously argue the competition can't be unilaterally cancelled by the SPFL. It can get very interesting.

The regulations also state that a champion club has to be declared as a result of all games being played. I'm not a legal expert, but there can be many interpretations. The SPFL would probably say that as the HL/LL didn't finish their leagues, their side of the agreement didn't get adhered to. Yet the HL/LL will obviously argue the competition can't be unilaterally cancelled by the SPFL. It can get very interesting.

The SPFL may need to be careful about arguing over seasons being declared finished without completing all matches, they've just declared a Champion......

Really? Where are you getting this from? I’d be amazed if any club at our level would be able to afford to play games behind closed doors. 

George Fraser mentioned it during his LL catchup interview. I then somehow found myself watching one of Mozzas twitch streams for 20 mins and he spoke about how George Fraser was ‘very confident’ that games would be back by Autumn but they would be behind closed doors at first.

I think to generate income they could either try and implement a paywall or link the donate a ticket to the streams and try to make money that way. All depends on whether UEFA take away the 3pm ban on live football.

That seems to be their plans but putting them into practise is another thing entirely.

1 minute ago, craigiemack said:

George Fraser mentioned it during his LL catchup interview. I then somehow found myself watching one of Mozzas twitch streams for 20 mins and he spoke about how George Fraser was ‘very confident’ that games would be back by Autumn but they would be behind closed doors at first.

I think to generate income they could either try and implement a paywall or link the donate a ticket to the streams and try to make money that way. All depends on whether UEFA take away the 3pm ban on live football.

That seems to be their plans but putting them into practise is another thing entirely.

Its funny i heard both interviews and my interpretation is somewhat different.  In relation to when the league could re-start he said he 'hoped'. When asked about clubs broadcasting games live he said it would require relaxing of rules by UEFA but might be possible. I dont consider either of those responses as confirmation of plans by the LL. 

No a good day or few weeks for 

Kelty hearts and well edinburgh hearts come to think of it or the local rangers supporting football chairman 😆

No playoff or promotion and the pyramid they invested so much in crumbling before it's really got started. 

Thoughts with everyone in kelty land at this grim time. 

Apologies for the DR link but see below re ‘UEFA’ 3pm rule...(it’s the countries that decide then ask UEFA to govern it I believe but obviously no live Sat 3pm’s is UEFA’s preference as well)

“With the TV rule no longer in place, they could now explore the possibility of having matches shown live behind closed doors.

A statement from UEFA said: “Taking into account the current exceptional circumstances, UEFA has lifted the ‘blocked hours’ protection granted to the England and Scotland for the remainder of the 2019-20 season football season, following requests from the relevant national associations as a result of measures taken in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.””

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saturday-3pm-tv-blackout-lifted-21811178

On 17/05/2020 at 21:49, traffordab said:

Laughable from kelty .

They didn't win a playoff against highland. 

They didn't win a playoff against league 2.

The club are making no friends with the sfa or spfl  clubs here and that will come back to bite them in the future here. 

Pure desperation here from a club who have chucked everything at this. 

Hope the recent donations page looking for money won't be used to put toward massive legal costs on a flimsy case that will come to nothing. 

What a shambles from the rangers men now in charge. 

Money would be better spent on cctv in and around the ground.  Something practical .

Shambles of a post number 4 #shamblescount

11 hours ago, traffordab said:

Shambles of a post number 5. #shamblescount

8 hours ago, traffordab said:

No a good day or few weeks for 

Kelty hearts and well edinburgh hearts come to think of it or the local rangers supporting football chairman 😆

No playoff or promotion and the pyramid they invested so much in crumbling before it's really got started. 

Thoughts with everyone in kelty land at this grim time. 

Shambles of a post number 6. #shamblescount