Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

This would be the only way since there won't be any playoffs which means Brechin would stay up. Heard that Brora are already resigned to another season in the HL as no club will vote themselves or vote another member club out of the SPFL through reconstruction. Don't know what they are saying down Kelty way

This statement suggests otherwise:

https://brorarangers.football/2020/04/15/club-update/

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, TheSaltire said:

Looks like the teams in league 2 are doing their best to keep the clubs below them down.... Elgin chairman on the radio today dragging Findlay into it... Interesting few weeks ahead. 

Saw that, fcuking disgrace. Self serving arseholes.

On 17/04/2020 at 09:42, Kelheart said:

All talk of premiership couldn’t  work  with 14 teams well what about spfl2 going with 12 with split like premier then auto relegation for bottom team , just a thought 🤔

All this reconstruction is just a smokescreen. Only thing premiership interested in is whether to save Hearts or not.

Oh , and how not to lose any TV money etc

Edited by big al

2 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So how do you think your club would have voted / thought about things if they were still in div 2 

The discussion is adding 2 clubs, not relegating clubs. There is absolutely no reason the block that, it's a very reasonable proposal. These clubs are indeed self serving arseholes if they try to block that.

As I said on another thread, it's more likely league 2 clubs favour that proposal more because of the fact they'd only be 1 promotion away from the Championship. If the proposal was, say, 14-14-16 (with Kelty and Brora making up the 2 extra places) then I reckon they'd still favour it.

Edited by C. Muir

34 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

As I said on another thread, it's more likely league 2 clubs favour that proposal more because of the fact they'd only be 1 promotion away from the Championship. If the proposal was, say, 14-14-16 (with Kelty and Brora making up the 2 extra places) then I reckon they'd still favour it.

That would be a very decent option imo.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

The discussion is adding 2 clubs, not relegating clubs. There is absolutely no reason the block that, it's a very reasonable proposal. These clubs are indeed self serving arseholes if they try to block that.

it depends what happens after those two clubs are added though, doesn't it. If Kelty and Brora were added and then we switched back to 42 the following season, that means two automatic relegation spots the following year. There's no point in pretending that isn't a significant difference for clubs in L2 than just letting in two more clubs.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

14-14-14 sounds like a great chance for two relegation spots from SPFL bottom league :lol:, obviously   the *****bags currently in the lower reaches of the SPFL won't go for that though. Queue the folk saying the new tier fours aren't strong enough for that wait until the WoS league/NCL teams filter through.

i wonder if 14/14/16 with two automatic relegations from now on would encourage a few clubs to support it.

There's a valid point about the HL and LL becoming potentially enormously lopsided. If a couple of HL teams were to make it up and the LL floods with ex-SPFL and ex-junior teams, the population differences could make them significantly different strengths. Personally I'd still love to see it. It would be on the condition of the HL implementing a full pyramid capability and the LL opening up similarly at their lower end.