Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

• 3 weeks later...
This recent situation is a temporary blip, the progress made by  Kelty Hearts and the excellent investments made by the management of the club will reap great rewards into the future. Deans vision and commitment is unrivalled and I’m sure he and the club will reap great rewards. Well done guys, just be patient and it will all come right.

Try again next season lads sorry

Sent from my Samsung s20 gold

Here is how to resolve this.

No Winners No losers. No Champions. No Relegations No Trophies.

Premiership 2020/21 Increase to 13 teams, with Dundee United joining PL. Play 24,  Split 6/7,  Play 10/12.  13th and 12th relegated, 11th Playoffs Season, 2021/22 12 Teams. 

Championship 2020/21 Increase to 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife joining Championship.  Play 26,  Split 7/7, Play 12.  1st Promoted 2nd 3rd Playoffs.  14th and 13th relegated, 12th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 14 Teams

Div1/Div2 Increase to 18 teams with Brora Kelty Bonnyrigg joining the extended Div 1. Play 34 no split. 1st Promoted, 2nd 3rd Playoffs. 17th 18th relegated, 16th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 18 Teams.

No League Cup or Tunnocks Cup 2020/21. 

Free weeks here and there, not a problem.

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Newsflash: SPFL teams are going to vote on ending the leagues now, and the LL/HL playoffs are cancelled!

There might be league reconstruction though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214595

The Play off between tier 4 and 5 can only be changed by agreement between the SPFL, SFA, HL and LL. Shoddy reporting and I'd imagine that if there is an agreement that there is no play off the tier 5 organizations will need to agree suitable reimbursement.

To be honest though, with no clear line of sight to a way out of this, I wonder what productive can come from discussions.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

The Play off between tier 4 and 5 can only be changed by agreement between the SPFL, SFA, HL and LL. Shoddy reporting and I'd imagine that if there is an agreement that there is no play off the tier 5 organizations will need to agree suitable reimbursement.

To be honest though, with no clear line of sight to a way out of this, I wonder what productive can come from discussions.

The relevant bit from the SPFL rules reads:

Annex 9 - I(c)

Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective.

Edit: 

That looks as if the SPFL’s proposals could be deemed “ultra vires”, therefore subject to challenge by the HL / LL.

Of course, the HL / LL could use the situation as a bargaining tool to facilitate the automatic relegation of Club 42 in future years.

Edited by Footballfirst

5 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Here is how to resolve this.

No Winners No losers. No Champions. No Relegations No Trophies.

Premiership 2020/21 Increase to 13 teams, with Dundee United joining PL. Play 24,  Split 6/7,  Play 10/12.  13th and 12th relegated, 11th Playoffs Season, 2021/22 12 Teams. 

Championship 2020/21 Increase to 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose East Fife joining Championship.  Play 26,  Split 7/7, Play 12.  1st Promoted 2nd 3rd Playoffs.  14th and 13th relegated, 12th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 14 Teams

Div1/Div2 Increase to 18 teams with Brora Kelty Bonnyrigg joining the extended Div 1. Play 34 no split. 1st Promoted, 2nd 3rd Playoffs. 17th 18th relegated, 16th Playoffs. Season 2021/22 18 Teams.

No League Cup or Tunnocks Cup 2020/21. 

Free weeks here and there, not a problem.

Madness

The relevant bit from the SPFL rules reads:
Annex 9 - I©
Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective.
Edit: 
That looks as if the SPFL’s proposals could be deemed “ultra vires”, therefore subject to challenge by the HL / LL.

Of course, the HL / LL could use the situation as a bargaining tool to facilitate the automatic relegation of Club 42 in future years.

That's the only scenario I'd be happy with if a relegation didnt occur

Congrats Kelty on the league win. Doubt it's the way any team would want to win a title, but I think the league was spoken for before the pandemic.

I'm sure the good lads at Dundee are in deliberation right now about implementing a 14-10-10-10 Pyramid structure as we speak. Might well get your shot in the SPFL next season yet.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

For them to even consider promotion and relegation as a result in ending season but not include LL or HL in their thinking just reeks of pish 

They can't hold the play-offs, so what do you want them to do? Have Brora and Kelty playing in League 2 in alternate weeks?

Congratulations Kelty Hearts. Although it’s not the way anyone would have wanted the season to end, it’s the correct decision and one that’s well deserved. Hopefully we’ll now see League reconstruction in the SPFL so that Kelty can take their place in league 2 next season. 🤞

Well done Brora,Kelty, just needed a ruling from the gods - all leagues null and void, but instead we get all the infighting and bitterness from clubs - the FA, SFA all clueless,couldn't decide whether to have tea or coffee without buggering it up ! Let's modernise,restructure and move on from the dismal past and create new history eh

Congratulations Kelty, a team worthy of winning this wonderful league. I'm sure you would rather have won it on the pitch, but its clearly not your fault that this wont happen this year.

I hope you get that crack at League 2 one way or another.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They can't hold the play-offs, so what do you want them to do? Have Brora and Kelty playing in League 2 in alternate weeks?

Brora ,kelty go up no relegation top two of every spfl goes up14 team prem easy 

Well done guys, only decision that could be made considering. Not how I wanted the league to finish but well done nevertheless. The next correct decision should be you and Brora being promoted to league 2 and not spending another season in LL or HL.

Stay safe all