Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Neutral view on the game.

Kelty look a bit one dimensional at times, if the long ball to Austin doesn’t work then they struggle. Thought BSC were very good, and could have been out of sight.  All in all an enjoyable game, and keeps things interesting at the top.

33 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Tom Orr over the bar first half (sitter) penalty miss. Yeah we should have won. Fair play to Kelty though far better second half and play right to the end. I did take some pleasure out of the home fans celebrations at the end though. You’d have thought they had won the game. 🤔

Always a good feeling with a late equaliser though so some leeway there surely Jerry! You could argue Austin hit the bar first few minutes and in the second half. We also stuck a couple wide too so I think chances were more than even over peice.

We wern't great tonight. Easton was a passenger and Humphrey was guff till he got hooked. I'm happy with a point given the performance. Much better required in the return.

Edited by leomessi1984

5 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Always a good feeling with a late equaliser though so some leeway there surely Jerry! You could argue Austin hit the bar first few minutes and in the second half. We also stuck a couple wide too so I think chances were more than even over peice.

We wern't great tonight. Easton was a passenger and Humphrey was guff till he got hooked. I'm happy with a point given the performance. Much better required in the return.

I always find substitutions significant in these type of games when you have 2 teams so closely matched. You tend to find the team who blinks first and starts making substitutions (injuries aside) is the team who’s not happy with the way their game is going. Contrast the team who leaves it late before making changes. In any case what’s clear having seen and played Kelty and Bonnyrigg now. 3 terrific teams with very little between them. We’re out of it now but could have a role to play on where the title goes assuming Bonnyrigg can win their remaining fixtures. One thing is for sure whoever does win will have earned it.

7 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I always find substitutions significant in these type of games when you have 2 teams so closely matched. You tend to find the team who blinks first and starts making substitutions (injuries aside) is the team who’s not happy with the way their game is going. Contrast the team who leaves it late before making changes. In any case what’s clear having seen and played Kelty and Bonnyrigg now. 3 terrific teams with very little between them. We’re out of it now but could have a role to play on where the title goes assuming Bonnyrigg can win their remaining fixtures. One thing is for sure whoever does win will have earned it.

I’d have taken humphries off after 20 mins clearly wasn’t at the races last night , Ashe came on and the back line looked more settled , Easton was very quiet and it says it all when Tidser got our MOM and don’t think he managed two consecutive passes to our players , all in all not a good day at the office but a very precious point , we go again Saturday onwards and upwards 

Mon Kelty 👏👏😀

7 hours ago, Leafaboy said:

Strong comment that! Auchinlek are the best side Kelty have played all season and it showed that night aswell Auchinlek scudded them and was hardly a different Kelty side they never Tindser then and Easton was injured but was pretty much the same team and lets be realistic here if Kelty played Auchinlek again it would be the exact same outcome Auchinlek are a stronger sider than Kelty 

Only 4 of the team that started v Auchinlek started last night. Ashe came on but played RB, last night, 2 different, and better, CBs last night, different midfield bar Hubby and Reilly. 

Auchinlek were a very well drilled/organised  side and certainly the better side on the night v Kelty. BSC just seemed a better overall team IMO. 

7 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Auchinlek are a league one team every day of the week imo 

That’s not what I am saying though. I just thought BSC were the better side of the two games I’ve seen at Kelty this season. I was very I impressed with them last night, more so than I was with Auchinlek.

8 hours ago, BS7 said:

2 Lowland League games for Kyle Hall this season, both resulted in red cards for coaches, along with 12 minutes of injury time across the two games. He's an idiot.

What I don't understand is why he normally refs in the East of Scotland Premier, and has been given two high profile lowland league games. Thats Bonkers.

I was Hill O’ Beath v Whitehill about 2/3 weeks ago. He was dreadful there and had run ins with both benches through the game. I said to my mates at the start he wasn’t a good ref. 

16 minutes ago, Mucho said:

I’ve reason to believe you’ve  been to more than 2 games at Kelty this season buddy. BSC were unlucky not to come away with all 3 points last night but are nowhere near as good a team as Talbot.

Okay then. I definitely have only seen Kelty live in the flesh twice this season. But perhaps your right, perhaps I went to a game and it was so bad I've erased all memory of it. You never know, it could happen.

1 hour ago, Mucho said:

I’ve reason to believe you’ve  been to more than 2 games at Kelty this season buddy. BSC were unlucky not to come away with all 3 points last night but are nowhere near as good a team as Talbot.

Yes, fair point, I have seen more than 2 games!

My take on the Auchinlek game was that they were a good, well drilled, strong side. But I thought Kelty had the better of about the first 20-25 mins, had them pinned back, without really creating much. Auchinlek scored from a set piece, their first chance in the game and Kelty immediately shat the bed and started punting long balls to Austin and trying to get the ball forward far too quickly and directly. Which was meat and drink to the very good Auchinlek defence. Even going in at HT 1-0 down, it was still on to turn it around but the goal on the break right before HT killed the game stone dead. After the break Auchinlek coasted it, no doubts, but the fight was gone from Kelty by HT.

Last night I thought BSC were a threat from the off, played some good football, were pretty well organised and pressed Kelty throughout. And this was quite a better Kelty side than in September. They did possibly tire in the last 10 mins or so, plus 5/6 of injury time, as Kelty threw a lot at them but thats not a massive surprise given the effort they had put in.

Just my opinion of seeing one game each of the two sides, I thought BSC the better side. Auchinlek are also a very good side, I was just more impressed with BSC. 

4 hours ago, crowie said:

Only 4 of the team that started v Auchinlek started last night. Ashe came on but played RB, last night, 2 different, and better, CBs last night, different midfield bar Hubby and Reilly. 

Auchinlek were a very well drilled/organised  side and certainly the better side on the night v Kelty. BSC just seemed a better overall team IMO. 

As i said if Kelty played Talbot again it would be the same outcome. However BSC are a very good side i agree with you but Talbot are a step above than the rest 

24 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Seen you have a boy called up for Scotland u19s, is he one of your own players or have him on loan? Regardless great achievement for a non league side having national representation.

Ross Sinclair keeper on loan from St Johnstone 

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Seen you have a boy called up for Scotland u19s, is he one of your own players or have him on loan? Regardless great achievement for a non league side having national representation.

He was at BSC for 6 months last season I believe.

On 10/03/2020 at 23:16, Leafaboy said:

Probably a Championship team mate in my honest opinion they would win the lowland league first time of asking (no disrespect to other teams) they would win league 2 and 1 and handle themselves in the championship you only have to look at the teams they have beat and played in the scottish cup to see that. Far to good for Juniors best non league team about in the country 

Auchinleck have beaten precisely one side who were League One or above in the last five years - Ayr.

This season East Fife have beaten Dundee Utd at Tannadice and beaten Hearts on penalties. Last season we beat 3 championship clubs in cup competitions. In neither of those seasons were we championship quality.

54 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Auchinleck have beaten precisely one side who were League One or above in the last five years - Ayr.

This season East Fife have beaten Dundee Utd at Tannadice and beaten Hearts on penalties. Last season we beat 3 championship clubs in cup competitions. In neither of those seasons were we championship quality.

Would guess Auchinleck are on a par with Cove Rangers and would fancy them to do very well in league 2.