Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Should have won by the chat I'm getting from guys there.

Nah disagree with that Leo. First half BSC bossed it. Second half Kelty were much better and certainly created a few chances but we were looking good until the ref stepped in with a ridiculous penalty decision. He compounded a bad decision by giving Jamie McCormack a second yellow. I can only assume it was for descent as he was definitely going for the ball so double jeopardy should have come into play. In any event that changed the game because after that it was like training exercise of defence v attack with the defence winning that battle. It was the first time I’ve seen Kelty this season and I was really impressed. I think the 2 league games against us are going to have a massive bearing on who wins the league this season as I can’t see Bonnyrigg dropping anything. 

35 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Good point for Kelty last night, BSC on the slide after the loss to Hibs but that keeps the pressure on Bonnyrigg

Yes. That’s exactly what last night does.

6 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Nah disagree with that Leo. First half BSC bossed it. Second half Kelty were much better and certainly created a few chances but we were looking good until the ref stepped in with a ridiculous penalty decision. He compounded a bad decision by giving Jamie McCormack a second yellow. I can only assume it was for descent as he was definitely going for the ball so double jeopardy should have come into play. In any event that changed the game because after that it was like training exercise of defence v attack with the defence winning that battle. It was the first time I’ve seen Kelty this season and I was really impressed. I think the 2 league games against us are going to have a massive bearing on who wins the league this season as I can’t see Bonnyrigg dropping anything. 

Fair shout Jerry. I wasn't there tonight and I trust your view. Will be there Tuesday though and looking forward to it.

37 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Fair shout Jerry. I wasn't there tonight and I trust your view. Will be there Tuesday though and looking forward to it.

If last night was anything to go by it will equally as tight. Looking forward to it. 

Double jeopardy is what would have made it a yellow. Used to be a red but now downgraded if genuine attempt at the ball

18 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Double jeopardy is what would have made it a yellow. Used to be a red but now downgraded if genuine attempt at the ball

If there is a genuine attempt to win the ball it should only be the penalty otherwise double jeopardy is a stupid name as your still handing out 2 punishments. However it’s football so your probably right. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

If there is a genuine attempt to win the ball it should only be the penalty otherwise double jeopardy is a stupid name as your still handing out 2 punishments. However it’s football so your probably right. 

It is a yellow card if it's a foul but I thought he won the ball but that's just me

Edited by AlanCamelonfan