Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Ah I would go with your Twitter. I obviously don't know many of the players save for Austin and Scobbie but I heard someone in the crowd say they thought it was Flynn?

Edited by RiG

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

Nope. That's my Twitter :lol:

The first time the wee Spartans lad did it Kelty players, fans and guys on the bench were all howling for offside (he was about 15 yards behind the Kelty defence) and the linesman (correctly) gave nothing. he did it a few more times in the first half and each time loads of abuse from the away support and wild gesticulation from some players though I think by this point they had been told that you can't be offside when you receive the ball direct from a goal kick so the protests had died down....

Always an eye-opener when you find out players at a high level of the game don't know the rules.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Nope. That's my Twitter :lol:

The first time the wee Spartans lad did it Kelty players, fans and guys on the bench were all howling for offside (he was about 15 yards behind the Kelty defence) and the linesman (correctly) gave nothing. he did it a few more times in the first half and each time loads of abuse from the away support and wild gesticulation from some players though I think by this point they had been told that you can't be offside when you receive the ball direct from a goal kick so the protests had died down.

It wasn't a great game but that was down to the conditions which were utterly abysmal. Kelty were clearly the better team and deserved to win in the end. Spartans were pretty defensive and didn't get anything going when they tried to attack. Kelty didn't have many clear cut chances themselves but they always looked more threatening and Flynn finished well late on when he curled a lovely low shot into the net.

I was 1 of the people shouting and I’d like to think I know the rules, I’m also absolutely certain that Barry and the players do too, Jesus.

The the kick outs from the keeper and offside shouts were from free kicks and the keeper dropping the ball from his hands to kick off the deck. 

6 minutes ago, kefc said:

I was 1 of the people shouting and I’d like to think I know the rules, I’m also absolutely certain that Barry and the players do too, Jesus.

The the kick outs from the keeper and offside shouts were from free kicks and the keeper dropping the ball from his hands to kick off the deck. 

The only times the wee Spartans lad took up that position several yards behind your defence was from a goal kick. When the Spartans keeper dropped the ball to kick from the ground or it was a free kick he dropped back in with your defensive line.

ETA: Only in the first half obviously.

Edited by RiG

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

The only times the wee Spartans lad took up that position several yards behind your defence was from a goal kick. When the Spartans keeper dropped the ball to kick from the ground or it was a free kick he dropped back in with your defensive line.

I must be an absolute clown then just like our players and management team 🤔

On 09/02/2020 at 20:16, Gordon EF said:

There are multiple factors when footballers choose clubs and employees choose companies. Money is the most important factor, generally. People who pretend that's not true are kidding themselves.

I don't think anyone is denying that money is the main factor when changing jobs, I certainly wasn't. I was trying to explain that it is possible that not all of the players signed by Kelty in recent seasons has been purely for the money and nothing else, as many had been implying. Your comments above seem to agree with this, as you say that money is only "generally" the most important factor.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

The first time the wee Spartans lad did it Kelty players, fans and guys on the bench were all howling for offside (he was about 15 yards behind the Kelty defence) and the linesman (correctly) gave nothing. he did it a few more times in the first half and each time loads of abuse from the away support and wild gesticulation from some players though I think by this point they had been told that you can't be offside when you receive the ball direct from a goal kick so the protests had died down.

Even so surprised that the ref didn't make him put a bib on, as with warming-up subs.  There have even been mascots removed because players saw a (say) blue shirt but not the giant furry rooster wearing it.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I would agree with you, he did it at least a couple of times and it was from goal kicks. My first thought when seeing him was “he’s off” but then I clicked it was a goal kick.

Just can’t emphasise how important those 3 points were yesterday , Bonnyrigg are relentless at the moment so we must win every game to clinch the league , next league game 29th at  home to Bonnyrigg , don’t know if my insides can take the  anticipation and the wait 

Mon Keltu

36 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

See Ross Mutch not in squad now , been released ??

He unfortunatly  intimated to us he is taking time out football. Top player who we put alot of time into off and on the pitch. He is still contracted with the club till the summer, with him being under 23 we will be due compensation for the money and time that was invested if he does get back into football.

Shame as the gaffer seen him as a huge asset to the squad present and future, we have to consider and respect issues that may be occurring away from football though, it isnt the be all and end all at this level. We will wish Ross and his family well who we got to know well in whatever he decides to do.

Edited by kefc

8 hours ago, kefc said:

He unfortunatly  intimated to us he is taking time out football. Top player who we put alot of time into off and on the pitch. He is still contracted with the club till the summer, with him being under 23 we will be due compensation for the money and time that was invested if he does get back into football.

Shame as the gaffer seen him as a huge asset to the squad present and future, we have to consider and respect issues that may be occurring away from football though, it isnt the be all and end all at this level. We will wish Ross and his family well who we got to know well in whatever he decides to do.

Great wee player too , as you say though football isn’t the be all and end all 

Hopefully he gets back into it as he could go places