Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

11 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Not so sure about Austin, he did Amateur for way longer than he should and get the vibe he likes scoring hat-tricks - maybe he found his ceiling and this is easier - no skin off my nose like just a thought.

Aye, I was playing against Austin up to the age of 16/17? When he should, and was offered pro youth way before that. He was a cracking player then. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, I was playing against Austin up to the age of 16/17? When he should, and was offered pro youth way before that. He was a cracking player then. 

Same on that front. He was playing for Leven when I was at the Civil Service. You could see then he should have been at a pro team. Playing against decent adult amateur players and sticking out.

Played against him when he was at East Wemyss , boy was unreal. Sure he's 1994 born so was playing an age above and was best player on the park by some distance. Taken an interest from a far since he turned pro at East Fife. Won't lie, was a bit gutted when he signed for the grangemouth mob 🤣

On 07/02/2020 at 20:23, Forbes55 said:

If "all else being equal" 80-90% would choose the best paid offer, does that mean it's not all about the money if 1or 2 people turn down the best paid job?

There are multiple factors when footballers choose clubs and employees choose companies. Money is the most important factor, generally. People who pretend that's not true are kidding themselves.

On 08/02/2020 at 12:01, Rob1885 said:

Played against him when he was at East Wemyss , boy was unreal. Sure he's 1994 born so was playing an age above and was best player on the park by some distance. Taken an interest from a far since he turned pro at East Fife. Won't lie, was a bit gutted when he signed for the grangemouth mob 🤣

He was murder and really frustrating to watch at Falkirk and was only intested in winning free kicks for some reason. Only 7 goals in 31 appearances. Tidser was murder as well! Tam Scobbie was a hero though, scoring against the 6-fingered mob at Hampden

Edited by razamanaz

On 07/02/2020 at 02:18, bravehearts dad said:

But did you keep your winnings or donate it back to the club to help pay the wages of the next signing?

What do you think led to the two divorces? Two raffle wins, two divorces...do the math.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Wind-up, this, surely?

Nope. That's my Twitter :lol:

The first time the wee Spartans lad did it Kelty players, fans and guys on the bench were all howling for offside (he was about 15 yards behind the Kelty defence) and the linesman (correctly) gave nothing. he did it a few more times in the first half and each time loads of abuse from the away support and wild gesticulation from some players though I think by this point they had been told that you can't be offside when you receive the ball direct from a goal kick so the protests had died down.

It wasn't a great game but that was down to the conditions which were utterly abysmal. Kelty were clearly the better team and deserved to win in the end. Spartans were pretty defensive and didn't get anything going when they tried to attack. Kelty didn't have many clear cut chances themselves but they always looked more threatening and Flynn finished well late on when he curled a lovely low shot into the net.

Edited by RiG

23 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Deffo Easton. 

Yep, definitely Dylan. Think that was one of about two attempts on target the entire game. Horrendous conditions, got worse in the second half. Some roar when Easton scored though!