Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

What's the crack with Kelty, are they buying the league? Who should I want to go up? Right now I'd like to see Kelty go up so they have a local derby with Cowden.

6 points clear of bonnyrigg with a far superior goal difference. bonnyrigg have 2 games in hand and they play each other in 3 weeks. Tbh, I cant say for sure how they'll get on against (presumably) Brora in the play offs and then (again, presumably) Brechin should they beat them but I expect to see them in League 2 next season.

1 minute ago, roseyposey1 said:

I am sure that Bonnyrigg will beat Brora and Brechin Rob but good to see that you would like to see Bonnyrigg in league 2 next season roll on the derby with Edinburgh City (unless they get promoted)

no.

31 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We are certainly investing heavily! Would be great to go up and have the local derby with Cowden. Tough end to the season coming up though and no guarantees in this game.

Ferguson should be sacked if he doesn’t take Kelty up this season.

In a league where even Fernandy Mendy looks half competent I'm sure even a disinterested Tidser will stand out. 

Laughable that even with the players at Ferguson's disposal he's having to resort to transfers like this to try and make sure they get over the line. 

50 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Whether it's Bonnyrigg or Kelty - I'll happily taken either of them instead of Brora. Not convinced their heart is in promotion.

A position of total ignorance yet somehow more informed than the Newcastle Broons of this world

This is confirmation that Tidser is waving the white flag on his career and is cashing out. 

Kelty spending close to a 7 figure sum this season because Barry Ferguson is the worst manager working in Scotland. Wild. Still, at least the hospitality sells out with good Rangers men every second week and fans who want the kit to be changed to Royal Blue are happy.

Edited by Marshmallo

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A position of total ignorance yet somehow more informed than the Newcastle Broons of this world

This is confirmation that Tidser is waving the white flag on his career and is cashing out. 

Kelty spending close to a 7 figure sum this season because Barry Ferguson is the worst manager working in Scotland. Wild. Still, at least the hospitality sells out with good Rangers men every second week and fans who want the kit to be changed to Royal Blue are happy.

Would they change their name to Kelty Gers if they go up?

39 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A red free day off from ye but nice tae see I must get on yer tits and I'm still very much in yer thoughts Marshy 😂

Superb signing for Kelty by the way.

I'm just a bit disappointed in the way they handled young Ross. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye you've done me there gogsy, Kelty are self sufficient cause they run a good raffle at home games against Caledonian Braves and Edinburgh 

That's a fairly amateur attempt at a strawman argument there. Even the half baked attempt to dress it up in comical clown shoes by winging some poorly supported clubs onto the barbeque isnt enough to disguise this poor attempt at misrepresenting someones point. 

This thread may be on a forum dedicated to the 5th tier of Scottish Football, but you shouldn't be aiming for 5th tier responses. Lazy stuff. 

3 minutes ago, KH FC said:

That's a fairly amateur attempt at a strawman argument there. Even the half baked attempt to dress it up in comical clown shoes by winging some poorly supported clubs onto the barbeque isnt enough to disguise this poor attempt at misrepresenting someones point. 

This thread may be on a forum dedicated to the 5th tier of Scottish Football, but you shouldn't be aiming for 5th tier responses. Lazy stuff. 

Are Kelty being run at anything approaching break even off the back of raffles, gate receipts and match ball sponsorship?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

7 figures....🤣

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

7 figures....🤣

It's truly bizarre at times, but indicative of the state of the game in Scotland. People have become so accustomed to a trajectory of abject failure at most levels of Scottish football that anything that doesn't involve the bailiffs coming and loading the dugouts into the back of a van has them scratching their heads in utter confusion. 

A Lowland League Team with League Two attendances signing a player struggling to get a game in League One is enough to tip people into  "Barry Fergusons been given a Million pounds to spend" territory. For the avoidance of doubt, just because someones not being kept on at Falkirk doesn't mean they're 2002 Rivaldo.