Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

The unfortunate reality is he will likely stay sitting on Raith’s bench. With Steven Anderson out until at least April, we need cover at CB, but he’s unlikely to see much playing time without another Davo red or an injury. It’s a shame, because he needs the playing time, and apparently his time at Kelty has done him a world of good. Of, for some reason, we get a CB in on a loan or signing, I’d expect Mendy to be back at Kelty...but I think that kind of player is near the bottom of our target list.

That being said, thanks for all the work you gave Mendy!

He was pretty much unbeatable when playing against the weaker teams in the league and was solid in the games v the better sides played so far. Him and Scobbie had formed a pretty solid partnership. I think the signing of Craig Reid is Kelty's indicator that he won't be back this season. 

I hope he gets a few games at Raith, will be a good indicator if he has improved since the poor start he had with youse and if the loan really was beneficial for both sides, not just one.

3 hours ago, crowie said:

He was pretty much unbeatable when playing against the weaker teams in the league and was solid in the games v the better sides played so far. Him and Scobbie had formed a pretty solid partnership. I think the signing of Craig Reid is Kelty's indicator that he won't be back this season. 

I hope he gets a few games at Raith, will be a good indicator if he has improved since the poor start he had with youse and if the loan really was beneficial for both sides, not just one.

Absolutely agree. After the concussion, his play had soured the fans on his potential. If he’s back to what JMcG saw and liked, it’ll be great for both sides. I would also like to see him play a little quickly, so if we do see not enough improvement, we can ship him back to you and we both win again.

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bloody hell Civil Service are a very ill disciplined lot. Eight or nine bookings , one sent off, numerous other late challenges missed by the referee.

Still nearly managed to get draw after Kelty went to sleep last ten minutes.

I agree, but with some mitigation as they felt aggrieved with the three penalties awarded against them.

The first was soft with Austin feeling a touch on his back and going down easily.

I was actually pleased to see the ref award the second, as many refs wouldn't have given it. The keeper made late contact after the Kelty player got his shot away. Most refs tend to ignore such late challenges if the striker gets a shot away. Swap the roles around and if the keeper clears a ball but the striker makes a late challenge, it is given as a foul 10 times out of 10, normally with a yellow card too.

The third was a foul, but there wasn't a lot in it. Both the defender and the attacker go for the ball, the attacker gets a touch marginally before the defender then hits the deck.

34 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think the game v BSC on the 7th March is South Challenge Cup and with no fixtures arranged for 14th and 28th March and 4th April maybe  some or all of the  other outstanding fixtures Edinburgh Uni and Bonnyrigg Rose away and BSC home will be slotted into those spaces (depending on how those fit in with other teams matches obviously).

Are South Challenge cup semi finals down for any of those dates. Obviously that would affect BSC or Kelty.

Alloa are at home on 7th March, and bbc have selected their live games for the rest of the season so that fixture will change.