Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

35 minutes ago, thisisneeds said:

I'm pleased for him. Gutted he was sacked from Gretna. I really thought he would do well with us and I think with time he could of. Great guy! 

Looked decent tonight although he was in 2nd gear most of the game. Horrible conditions! 

Great signing for the Kelty. Don’t know how he is now but I remember him ripping The Caley back in the day for the Well.
He cant run now. Was run riot at EK against us and came on at right back to 'stop' dishington. He was rotten and at fault for 2 goals [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

41 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

He cant run now. Was run riot at EK against us and came on at right back to 'stop' dishington. He was rotten and at fault for 2 goals emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Maybe we should follow East Stirlingshire’s recruitment plan 😜

Was 7-1 with half an hour to go when Chris come on that game against ES in August, it ended 9-1. He played in most of EK’s games last season picking up a league winners medal. If you go through East Kilbrides you tube highlights it’s pretty clear Chris Humphrey is a very capable player and has a lot to offer especially at this level.

17 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

He cant run now. Was run riot at EK against us and came on at right back to 'stop' dishington. He was rotten and at fault for 2 goals emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

He was done at Hibs three years ago, and he's previously retired due to injuries, so unless something radical has happened to him I doubt he'll get a game for Kelty.

Contrary to popular belief elsewhere in football, the lowland league is a very decent league with very fit players. Certainly not a league for past it passengers.

47 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Humphries is hopeless. When we were at Gretna at the end of September he played on the right wing and his contribution to Gretna was zero.

But hey ho keep spending / wasting your money.

C’mon The Rose

I think everyone is missing the point.  He's not anywhere near the level he was at, however will still be decent at LL level.  The main reason he's been brought in I suspect is the experiance he will bring to the squad.

Also - did Gretna not almost hold you guys to a draw bravehearts faither?

2 minutes ago, BS7 said:

He was done at Hibs three years ago, and he's previously retired due to injuries, so unless something radical has happened to him I doubt he'll get a game for Kelty.

Contrary to popular belief elsewhere in football, the lowland league is a very decent league with very fit players. Certainly not a league for past it passengers.

Well he’s got till January to compete with the rest of a strong squad for a place. It’s a short term deal for both parties to see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, kefc said:

Well he’s got till January to compete with the rest of a strong squad for a place. It’s a short term deal for both parties to see how it goes.

He lives in the North West of England I believe. The Kelty squad is already extremely strong and robust for this level, although possibly a bit light on more experienced players (not that its shown in results this season) so perhaps that is the thinking behind it?

But I'd be surprised if he's there past January.

I don’t think I’ve seen anybody say the Lowland League is a league for past it passengers and that’s certainly not ‘popular belief’. It is what it is though, the 5th tier of Scottish football, so it’s not going to be great. He may be injury-prone nowadays but a guy with bags of experience in the SPL, English and Scottish Championships, League One and League Two down south as well as 12 international caps and winning the Lowland League itself isn’t a bad guy to have around on a short term deal.