Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

6 minutes ago, Smudger said:
1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

Kelty are a far better team than they showed last night. They never turned up. Talbot are a cracking side. But i dont think there is anywhere near the size of gap between the teams as was shown last night. It was a cup game. You get results like that where a team dosent show up for whatever reason. Dosen’t make the lowland league shite. Over the last few years ek have put out some very good sides from the leagues above. Its how the cups work.

I'm afraid it does make the lowland leauge look shite cos if Kelly are winning 10 nil and so on.40 goals in 10 games

There are a few teams struggling in LL , those teams taking beatings but majority  games between the top teams are close , ex juniors will filter in and on last nights display if the west want in let them in ASAP as a lot of cracking junior teams through there 

Having been to most of the home games this season last night ended up as quite a bit of an eye opener for Kelty.

i actually thought first 20 odd mins we had better of the game. Actually said to my mates that Kelty had Talbot’s measure! That turned out to be pish.

Talbot worked hard on the flanks, had Dodds and Russell well contained, usually doubling and sometimes trebling up on them. Kelty usually get a fair bit of joy between them and the full backs linking up well but it never happened much last night.

i still had confidence when the first goal went in as hadn’t seen much else from Talbot at that point and thought chances would come. However that first goal seemed to change Kelty mindset almost immediately. Started playing as if in the last 5 mins of the game, not as if an hour to go. Continual long balls to Austin brought nothing to the game. The ball over the top might work at times v the poorer LL sides but wasn’t the required tactic last night. Talbot just mopped it up and contained him well.

The warnings were there with the header off the post and then the second seemed like suicidal all out attacking getting caught on the counter. Going in 1-0 down at HT a far different game than 2-0 down.

Second half Talbot coasted it. Very good third goal and they seemed to cause panic whenever they stuck the ball in the Kelty box. In the end well deserved victory for a very good, solid, hard working side. Don’t think Kelty did themselves justice but what seemed to the the absolute panic as soon as went 1-0 down was worrying.

The Highland league is a lot stronger than the lowland league and talbot put out the top  Highland team   in the Scottish last year i.e Cove Rangers who only lost 1 league game all season scoring 100 goals in the process and who were unbeaten at the time ....as well as Fraserburgh and Ayr Utd .....From what i saw last night ..no disrespect to Kelty but they are on a par with some of the top but not the very top junior sides ..basically the same team i watched Kilwinning Rangers beat 2-1 in the Scottish Juniors in 2016/2017 .... cracking park ..cracking set up and a good team but you will never get a chance like that again to steal money from the bookies .. i did expect a better game from Kelty but thats maybe because i had listened to all the hype as well ...

First LL side to fall in the Scottish, hopefully not many more.

Better make some big money signings to salvage the season
Think most of the ll teams are out already so that league will be good now since they all want to win it and not have cup runs to worry about so in other words it will be the most boring league to watch has the seasons are over for a lot of them teams

Think most of the ll teams are out already so that league will be good now since they all want to win it and not have cup runs to worry about so in other words it will be the most boring league to watch has the seasons are over for a lot of them teams
Seasons hardly over as clubs have the various cups to contend themselves with plus meeting their league aims whether it be vying for the title, pushing up for a higher finish than last season or avoiding the drop.

9 hours ago, TFW said:

BTW, why only 500 tickets for Talbot? That end we occupied could have held three times that many easily. Is it because of the grass banking?

I was there when Whitehill got assessed. On the 3 sides with grass banking the guys calculated it to allow only  2 deep standing. If there was hard standing I think it could be deeper even though it’s flat. On the far side opposite the changing rooms it’s quite shallow banking which goes back a long way but that counts for nowt. Against that, there’s a wee patch of terrace near the pavilion which was allocated 700...

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:
6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
First LL side to fall in the Scottish, hopefully not many more.

Better make some big money signings to salvage the season

7 LL teams still in and 1 to a replay.

Last year the Highland League clubs lost every single R1 tie, except for Deveronvale beating Bonnyrigg (who were EOSL then).

This season there will be 8/9 HL and 8/9 LL in R2: recall that - due to the vagaries of the format - the top 3 LL teams from last season didn't enter at R1, whereas only Brora from HL didn't.

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kelty v 'Shire cancelled in September rescheduled for Friday 18th October (otherwise SC R2).

Bit of a shame for the neutrals as it clashes with Bonnyrigg v Buckie. I suppose they can always record it...

On 21/09/2019 at 19:45, The Mantis said:

I was there when Whitehill got assessed. On the 3 sides with grass banking the guys calculated it to allow only  2 deep standing. If there was hard standing I think it could be deeper even though it’s flat. On the far side opposite the changing rooms it’s quite shallow banking which goes back a long way but that counts for nowt. Against that, there’s a wee patch of terrace near the pavilion which was allocated 700...

Health and safety police gone daft. Mind when Forres played Rangers a few years back in the cup? Initially Forres were allowed 1400 only if everyone stood side by side on the railings then the hse police relented to allow folk in between taking it to 2700. Yet the banking can cater for 6000 comfortably.

14 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Archie away to Crossgates. Bit of a strange one to bring him back in the first place. Probably would have preferred to have kept Kyle Wilson

Archie is a good player but even in his first spell with us never got a really good run of games in a row to show it.  Think I saw him play 5/6 at most in one run.  Kyle Wilson now away to St Andrews after leaving Dundonald too I think.

Some signing for Crossgates though.  If you look at thier squad now to where they were two years ago it's astounding!