Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

28 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Went along to last night's game and it was as one sided as the scoreline suggests.

It goes without saying that Austin should be playing at a far higher level and the Spartans defence just couldn't handle him. Thought Carstairs and Russell also played well, as did the whole team to be fair.

The one save the home keeper had from a free kick in the 1st half was all he had to do all night, Spartans were fairly toothless in attack with Murrell too often isolated.

I was surprised to hear some home fans saying that Spartans were the best team they'd played in the league so far.

Finally, the build up and finish for the 5th goal was worthy of winning any game.

I would say the style Spartans have is the best. Although Colts beat us we were poor and they were dogged and played on the counter.  There were spells last night (mainly first half) where Spartans moved the ball very, very well.  Agree the scoreline was warranted in the end though

The 5th goal was a peach.  Should look great on the highlights!

6 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Liam Kelly was playing in the pre season friendlies I think. Good to see the first team coaching staff down tonight.

Both very good players so would have liked them to stay. Was a good win for the lads. Opposition was poor first half but picked up 2nd.

Both players felt the 20s development league wasn’t their level. Archie Rouie left 2 months ago. Liam Kelly left last week. Both want to play higher up where or whatever that is.

Archie still looking for a club I believe, we got him into a 2 week trial at Dunfermline which was unsuccessful.

The 20’s is a brand new squad full of 03’s & 02’s -16-17 year olds.

Edited by kefc

7 hours ago, kefc said:

Both players felt the 20s development league wasn’t their level. Archie Rouie left 2 months ago. Liam Kelly left last week. Both want to play higher up where or whatever that is.

Archie still looking for a club I believe, we got him into a 2 week trial at Dunfermline which was unsuccessful.

The 20’s is a brand new squad full of 03’s & 02’s -16-17 year olds.

Thanks Dean.  Enjoyed watching the 20s last season and those two always stuck out a bit.  Last night's team looked good and if they have a couple of years at that level then you may have a few pushing into the first team hopefully!

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Thanks Dean.  Enjoyed watching the 20s last season and those two always stuck out a bit.  Last night's team looked good and if they have a couple of years at that level then you may have a few pushing into the first team hopefully!

3 are in today’s squad, 16 year old who is a 2003 and 2 17 year olds, 2002.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Was told on Friday it was normal league prices but it wasn't any official of the club so don't take that as a definite.

I would have thought it would be dearer as it will be a shared gate and would have thought Solihull would want more than 40% of 7 quid gate as they  take 16 for their games.

Edited by cowdenbeath