Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

55 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Didn’t make yesterday but highlights suggest it was a coo field they played on 

The Vale are a very hard working club, and whilst the pitch may not be great they deserve a bit more respect than your comment.

10 minutes ago, The Informer said:

The Vale are a very hard working club, and whilst the pitch may not be great they deserve a bit more respect than your comment.

The pitch wasn’t great but it wasn’t Vales fault. The council who should have cut the pitch hadn’t, and the very long grass was cut with a hand mower Friday night/Saturday morning by a committee man. Top effort, hopefully when we are back in a few weeks the grass has had a proper cut by the big mower.

14 hours ago, The Informer said:

Not disrespecting anyone neebs just stating a fact, know all teams do all they can to get it on for match day and all that goes with it , certainly didn’t mean any offence 

Comfortable win for Kelty who were never really troubled.  Given the gulf in finances Vale were never likely to take anything from this game but were guilty of horrendous errors for 4 of the goals . Good teams will always punish mistakes so well played Kelty.

Regarding the pitch, it wasn't great but from what I gather they were once again let down by Scottish Borders Council  who are paid by the Vale to cut the grass. A flock of sheep would be cheaper and likely have far more sense than anyone from SBC.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

A mention in todays paper of Kelty being interested in Willie Gibson who is being released from his contract with us due to training schedule/business interests clashing. Although now 35 fitness is not a problem for him & can still play a bit.

A short term deal might make sense with Easton being out for us for a bit!  Havn't seen Gibson for a few years but sure he'd do a decent job in the LL.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

A mention in todays paper of Kelty being interested in Willie Gibson who is being released from his contract with us due to training schedule/business interests clashing. Although now 35 fitness is not a problem for him & can still play a bit.

Not 1 ounce of truth in this, doesn’t he live way down the borders or Stranraer way? 

On 17/08/2019 at 18:04, gogsy said:

Colts team  when they have the ball are decent to watch, they looked good going forward especially first half with the Kelty defence a bit hesitant at times. As leomessi84 says Kelty had some decent chances as well, hit bar three times, missed penalty, home keepers made some good saves as well. Young lad from Dunfermline did pretty well though he was subbed at half time.

Was injured, been having treatment at Pars all week, should be back at NCP this week.

1 minute ago, kefc said:

Not 1 ounce of truth in this, doesn’t he live way down the borders or Stranraer way? 

Stays around Dumfries

2 minutes ago, kefc said:

Just a bit mentioning it in the Aberdeen P&J today, Willie stays near Dumfries & was happy enough to travel to Peterhead. Training was at Forfar once a week Weds I think but it is now being changed to a Tues. He runs his own business & the change of training night does not tie in with that.

On 25/08/2019 at 21:46, pipedreamer said:

The pitch wasn’t great but it wasn’t Vales fault. The council who should have cut the pitch hadn’t, and the very long grass was cut with a hand mower Friday night/Saturday morning by a committee man. Top effort, hopefully when we are back in a few weeks the grass has had a proper cut by the big mower.

Kind of intrigued by this. When I was at Whitehill we once used hand mowers but there were 4 of them on the go and I’m sure it took 2 nights. Mind you that was probably Sir Peter holding us back with his OCD 😉 The wee sit-on mower took  3-4 hours.

Good result for us tonight. Fash & Russell were good! Mckirdy off with a knock, hopefully not out for long if anything serious.

Spartans were as usual class on the ball. Kelty were clinical and took over once the third went in really. 

St Johnston scout next to me watching the young lad from Spartans. Good wee player.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Good result for us tonight. Fash & Russell were good! Mckirdy off with a knock, hopefully not out for long if anything serious.

Spartans were as usual class on the ball. Kelty were clinical and took over once the third went in really. 

St Johnston scout next to me watching the young lad from Spartans. Good wee player.

Nicky Reid (number 11) by any chance? Wouldn't think he's 16. Unbelievable for his age. 

I took in the game tonight. There wasn't that much between the sides in the first half, but Kelty took their chances, helped by Carswell being caught in no mans land when Austin headed the ball over him.  

The second half was all Kelty as they overpowered Spartans all over the pitch. The fifth goal was a peach from Russell.  

I think I've seen Kelty and Bonnyrigg three times each this season. Both play in a similar way and dominate the opposition, but I think Kelty has the edge in quality.

Went along to last night's game and it was as one sided as the scoreline suggests.

It goes without saying that Austin should be playing at a far higher level and the Spartans defence just couldn't handle him. Thought Carstairs and Russell also played well, as did the whole team to be fair.

The one save the home keeper had from a free kick in the 1st half was all he had to do all night, Spartans were fairly toothless in attack with Murrell too often isolated.

I was surprised to hear some home fans saying that Spartans were the best team they'd played in the league so far.

Finally, the build up and finish for the 5th goal was worthy of winning any game.