Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

It’s football, club comes 1st always. It’s probably right to say it’s a new era and without any disrespect at all players will come and go if it’s in the clubs best interests. If theres better players available and it suits the club then we will look at it, we can’t and don’t want to stand still. The fee received is a record since iv been involved in this capacity at Kelty.

Stuart Cargill for example, 31 in December, not playing regular (where does he get in the team at this minute) out of contract in the summer, free to talk to clubs in January as regards to a free transfer, he wanted to go to play and accepted with the formation and Fash banging them in it would be difficult. The deal very much suited the club to balance the books and the player.  Arguably the ultimate club legend without a shadow of a doubt and he leaves a hero to everyone including my sons and me but could he displace Fash? Does he suit the high press for 90mins at his age? We defend from the front for 90mins, can Stuart do that now especially on the big pitches away from home? There’s loads of dynamics to these decisions which aren’t taken lightly all for the good of the club, business wise and the team, it’s horrible but it’s football when well liked players leave. He will go on to play, enjoy his football and bang them in for the Bell, no doubts.

The squad is big, theres been investment in that squad and people used to playing naturally will want to go and get game time.  We are doing some great work behind the scenes on the business front, again in the clubs interests. We sold a player this week who hasn’t been here since last season that will be announced soon as going to a Fife Junior team, the fee we received was the exact same fee we paid for Cammy Russell from Airdrie. That’s very sound business.

Edited by kefc

1 hour ago, kefc said:

It’s football, club comes 1st always. It’s probably right to say it’s a new era and without any disrespect at all players will come and go if it’s in the clubs best interests. If theres better players available and it suits the club then we will look at it, we can’t and don’t want to stand still. The fee received is a record since iv been involved in this capacity at Kelty.

Stuart Cargill for example, 31 in December, not playing regular (where does he get in the team at this minute) out of contract in the summer, free to talk to clubs in January as regards to a free transfer, he wanted to go to play and accepted with the formation and Fash banging them in it would be difficult. The deal very much suited the club to balance the books and the player.  Arguably the ultimate club legend without a shadow of a doubt and he leaves a hero to everyone including my sons and me but could he displace Fash? Does he suit the high press for 90mins at his age? We defend from the front for 90mins, can Stuart do that now especially on the big pitches away from home? There’s loads of dynamics to these decisions which aren’t taken lightly all for the good of the club, business wise and the team, it’s horrible but it’s football when well liked players leave. He will go on to play, enjoy his football and bang them in for the Bell, no doubts.

The squad is big, theres been investment in that squad and people used to playing naturally will want to go and get game time.  We are doing some great work behind the scenes on the business front, again in the clubs interests. We sold a player this week who hasn’t been here since last season that will be announced soon as going to a Fife Junior team, the fee we received was the exact same fee we paid for Cammy Russell from Airdrie. That’s very sound business.

Great post mate!

I didn't realise Stuart Cargill had been such a great player for Kelty over the years. I really liked the look of him when he broke through at East Fife. More of a winger than a goalscorer in those days. Really glad to see he's had such a good career.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Anyhow are any of the players missing on Tuesday night back from injury and ready to play tomorrow?  Looks like Carstairs misses tomorrows game and then the game v Solihull Moors.

Injuries is the only thing we try not to be too transparent about due to obviously opposing teams getting a head start on team selection😀 correct on Muzz.

Mutchy out with hamstring injury, Fash, Dylan, Bridey all 50/50 for tomorrow, Errol taking time out for a few weeks for non football reasons. Rest good to go.

My local side, Solihull Moors, due to visit Kelty soon. I would have been there but I'm not in the country that weekend. They won't have a big travelling support. Being the new kids on the block in the West Midlands, they suffer from fans in the area already established  as Villa, B'ham, WBA, Coventry, Wolves & Walsall supporters. Should be a good game.

Colts team  when they have the ball are decent to watch, they looked good going forward especially first half with the Kelty defence a bit hesitant at times. As leomessi84 says Kelty had some decent chances as well, hit bar three times, missed penalty, home keepers made some good saves as well. Young lad from Dunfermline did pretty well though he was subbed at half time.
I thought he was rotten Gogsy. As you say Kelty couldve had loads, but so could colts. Their no 11 missed 2 sitters. The referee was absolutely rotten today.
I dont mind when refs are shite if they're consistant but it today was a joke

14 minutes ago, luggy said:

Having seen all the main contenders for the league I have to say 5/1 BonnyRigg looks the best value.

So we're 4 or 5 games in and you've maybe seen EK kelty have off days have you seen BSC by any chance  ?

You cant compare teams having seen only one game theres 30 games over a season.

Oh and it's easy saying 5/1 Bonnyrigg now,they certainly won't be 5/1 them odds will change every week. 

So we're 4 or 5 games in and you've maybe seen EK kelty have off days have you seen BSC by any chance  ?
You cant compare teams having seen only one game theres 30 games over a season.
Oh and it's easy saying 5/1 Bonnyrigg now,they certainly won't be 5/1 them odds will change every week. 

The Bonnyrigg team have played together for a few seasons, they have a system that works and everyone knows what they are doing. 5/1 at this time seem a bit of value is all I was saying.

12 minutes ago, luggy said:

The Bonnyrigg team have played together for a few seasons, they have a system that works and everyone knows what they are doing. 5/1 at this time seem a bit of value is all I was saying.

Yeah but they wont be 5/1 after today's scores  🤷‍♂️ all I'm saying is prices will go up and down week in week out.

Agree theyve been together a while and know their "system" but as you know the LL tends to throw in the odd result. I reckon Bonnyrigg just lack that wee bit experience to win this league at the 1st attempt.  Just ask yersels or Kelty that.  I could be totally proved wrong of course.