Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

31 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

What’s the update with the improvements to the stadium? Seems like the club is going well just now and the plans from a while back looked quite exciting.

Still going through pre planning stage before submitting the drawings which have all been done.

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

What sort of level would you compare the English side to up here?

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

They are currently top of the conference so they could probably hold their own in the Championship up here.

28 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Finished runners up last season as well falling in the semi-finals of the promotion playoffs.

All depends how much Solihull want to be in it.  Don't think it'll be top of their priority list this season. A chance for Kelty to further progress. 

Boreham Wood drew with Dunfermline last season and Sutton beat Airdrie. Average attendance of about 1,300 for Solihull Moors and from what I can see they are full time. I think they'd be upper League One/lower Championship up here.

Edited by Marshmallo

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

They are currently top of the conference so they could probably hold their own in the Championship up here.

Agreed, providing they take it seriously obviously. When I lived in England I watched a fair few games in the Conference and I'd say the top of the Conference is on a par with lower half Championship up here. They are full time as well.

On paper you'd expect a safe win for the visitors. It would be like Kelty playing Dunfermline, Morton, QotS, Raith or similar. In practice anything can happen, especially if they rest players. I see they play Notts County in the preceding midweek, and will their game v Wrexham be played in the following midweek? Could be juggling priorities.

Brings back memories of 10yrs ago - EOS League XI held England C to 1-0 at Spartans.

Boreham Wood drew with Dunfermline last season and Sutton beat Airdrie. Average attendance of about 1,300 for Solihull Moors and from what I can see they are full time. I think they'd be upper League One/lower Championship up here.
Aye but you also think Falkirk should be in the SPL, therefore this opinion is invalid.

4 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye but you also think Falkirk should be in the SPL, therefore this opinion is invalid.

Did this sound better in your head?

19 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Long may it may it have deep roots and bountiful fruits!

Have you planted one in Litghae yet? 😂

Pretty sure they are happy to continue to achieve through, blood sweat and tears and living within their means.   History shows that is ultimately a more sustainable model. 

Aye that's fair enough to   judge a player on  six league and one league cup appearance over five years ago.

There’s a reason that’s the amount of games he played.

I guess it’s fair enough to decide a player could play in the Scottish Premiership based on one good season in the National League then?