Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

How many PnB'rs have been blocked by the Kelty page since they made these signings?  

I certainly have.  All for saying that they're spending an awful lot of money just to try and get to the same level as Cowden and that Barry Ferguson will probably mess it all up.

It must be clubs that play in maroon, Arbroath are pretty sensitive in this respect.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

By full-time I basically meant the Championship, I forgot about those diddies Falkirk and Raith who he might do okay for.

We might be diddies at the moment, but Austin was involved in a goal every 89 minutes when we finished 2nd in 16/17. His fitness/injury record might suggest he's not cut out for the Championship, but his ability isn't in doubt IMO.

Edited by lanky_ffc

23 hours ago, kev23 said:

Austin received a £5000 signing bonus and is on just shy of £500 a week. I'm presuming Easton and O'Reilly aren't far behind.
'Buying into the plan' lol.

Easton on £750 a week apparently, with some sort of non-playing work as part of the deal.

19 hours ago, gogsy said:

Keltys average league crowd this season was 387 so its already comparable to some teams in SPFL division 2, that will increase next season. The best supported teams in SPFL2 were averaging just over 600 this season, its perfectly feasible for Kelty as a club to average 500+ for home games in SPFL division 2. They are a long way away from division 1 the guys in charge know this.

It might be a gamble, but if it is i am sure there will be a back up plan if it doesn't work

Most teams in the SPFL lose money. Also, if Kelty do make it to League 2, how many fans will stump up the much higher entrance fee? Kelty charge almost half what a League 2 team charge.

Deja vu here. Did we not hear the same chat 2yrs ago? Kelty went about thrashing everyone every week... but LTHV went about beating everyone every week (despite playing on a waterpolo field and having to fulfil a game every 3hrs or so to finish the season), then beat Kelty, and ultimately Kelty had to beat LTHV on the last day to win EOSL by 2pts.

Having top players and spending power is fine, but they have to produce the results - and even then if other teams produce similar results it'll be very close, especially as you only meet twice.

Granted LL has more "calibre" teams to trip-up against.

9 hours ago, tbsouth said:

You don't mean the whole set up- masterplan is a cover do you?? ^_^

Get a f**king grip, dry your eyes 1st then pop down to Kelty and see exactly how the clubs run. Hard work during the week and on matchdays and local business’s who put their profits made over the years into Kelty Hearts and the Community.

Coming over really bitter.

6 minutes ago, kefc said:

Get a f**king grip, dry your eyes 1st then pop down to Kelty and see exactly how the clubs run. Hard work during the week and on matchdays and local business’s who put their profits made over the years into Kelty Hearts and the Community.

Coming over really bitter.

I popped down to St Josephs in the 90's then down to Gretna to see the great community work there....