Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

59 minutes ago, basher brash said:

So Nathan Austin is leaving Inverness Caley for Lowland football for obviously more money than a championship side can pay? Your stating that Keltys  average is 387 how an earth are they affording to pay these wages along with the other players like Easton etc based on those crowds ? Just say Kelty don’t get promoted next season what happens then ? A huge risk IMO

It's a lot of money but it's only a risk if they're splurging now on a gamble that they can recoup when promoted. If this is money they know they have, or know they'll get in through the course of the season, then fine. If any club in the LL could get together that much it's probably Kelty, imo

You are also probably aware that most if not all teams do not rely solely  on matchday income either.

But this is it. This is the issue in a nutshell. Gates of 300!! For fucks sake. Smell the coffee.

The majority of other clubs rely on their income from operations to fund their expenditure. It’s why players in league 2 are on, if they’re lucky, £200 a week. And this is why Gretna collapsed. It is only sustainable while one individual, whoever it is, has money to spend. Or has the inclination. Or is alive. It is built on sand.

Ferguson's problem at Clyde wasn't attracting decent players it was trying to model them into a team. The turnover of players at Clyde was also ridiculous. Would not be surprised if some of these signings don't last a couple of months before he's away signing more players.

You could seem him getting frustrated with the players because they were nowhere near the level he was used to. Once he starts crouching down on the touch line you know your fucked and he doesn't know what to do.

Ferguson tried his hardest to make it work at Clyde but ultimately he just wasn't very good. Hopefully he has learned from his time at Clyde but so far he seems to be repeating the same mistakes. Having Bob Malcolm as assistant rather than an experienced number 2. Spending loads of cash to attract well known players. Building his team round Easton was a disaster at Clyde.

The year we were fighting relegation to the LL we had 5 of the players from the previous seasons SPFL2 team of the year and Peaso up front [emoji23]

Linking the package to a job outside of football has been done before. Realistically how many players can you do that with though and what do you do when Ferguson wants to ship them out after a few months?
Players aren't dropping down to LL for the love of the game.

Money talks

Austen looked pish against Dundee United when he came on. Easton is a decent player but is a luxury player who can be inconsistent. Reilly is a decent player.

Kelty fans trying to justify this as sustainable is rather funny though

I'm fairly certain ICT didn't offer Austin a new deal. I hope not anyway. He's not good enough for full time football. So whatever Kelty are paying him is irrelevant. 

37 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

But this is it. This is the issue in a nutshell. Gates of 300!! For fucks sake. Smell the coffee.

The majority of other clubs rely on their income from operations to fund their expenditure. It’s why players in league 2 are on, if they’re lucky, £200 a week. And this is why Gretna collapsed. It is only sustainable while one individual, whoever it is, has money to spend. Or has the inclination. Or is alive. It is built on sand.

Exactly ! Also add in Dunfermline and Cowdenbeath who are close bye competition I don’t see how this isn’t a gamble.

Austin wasn’t good enough for Championship football at either Falkirk or ICT but is too good for Lowland League.

If someone is going to offer you decent money and likely more money than a full time club can offer then why wouldn’t you take it?

If Kelty win the league and play off it looks like a very hard task for the team finishing 10th next season already.

Kelty shouldn't be banking on it, but I suppose there's a fair chance of extra money coming in from a cup run - an Irn Bru Cup home game v CSS in the preliminary round to begin with, and given they ran the League Two winners close in the Scottish Cup second round they may well go further next season.

Austin wasn’t good enough for Championship football at either Falkirk or ICT but is too good for Lowland League.

If someone is going to offer you decent money and likely more money than a full time club can offer then why wouldn’t you take it?

If Kelty win the league and play off it looks like a very hard task for the team finishing 10th next season already.

Austin at one point had the best goals to games ratio for Falkirk, and was only second to Jason Cummings at the time. It never worked for him under Hartley, and I don’t believe being away from his young family this season at Inverness has helped on the pitch. Whether he could have maintained full time football, it’s difficult to say, but he was decent for us at the top end of the championship at one point.

Every new signing is a gamble is  it not and we  have fair pushed the boat out  with these signings but we were well short in the end last season and if these guys can get us to that next level then would have been worth it imo , seen Kelty going nicely for the past few years and everything the committee have said they were trying to do has came to fruition, they still have a structure and plan in place and are just ticking along nicely 

Well done all involved in getting those signings over the line

Mon Kelty 

Kelty shouldn't be banking on it, but I suppose there's a fair chance of extra money coming in from a cup run - an Irn Bru Cup home game v CSS in the preliminary round to begin with, and given they ran the League Two winners close in the Scottish Cup second round they may well go further next season.
Carnegie Soccer Service

7 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Austin definitely wasn’t ever Championship level, he was pretty ineffective over about 4 seasons there. He’s never performed above League Two so I’d say he’s a League One player at best, certainly not good enough to be full time. That being said, he’s a very good signing for Lowland League level and should be the top scorer in that league I’d imagine.

Not good enough for full time football but has been playing that for the last four seasons as you allude to. Aye, that makes sense. He would still get a gig at a shite full time side like Raith for example no problem.

Full time football at the lower echelons, like Raith, is for status only. You are far better going to some part time gang (Kelty) who are throwing money about and with a decent full time job into the bargain you are going to me making a lot more money and probably enjoying your football more banging goals in rather than sitting on the bench for a full time team.

How many PnB'rs have been blocked by the Kelty page since they made these signings?  

I certainly have.  All for saying that they're spending an awful lot of money just to try and get to the same level as Cowden and that Barry Ferguson will probably mess it all up.

26 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

How many PnB'rs have been blocked by the Kelty page since they made these signings?  

I certainly have.  All for saying that they're spending an awful lot of money just to try and get to the same level as Cowden and that Barry Ferguson will probably mess it all up.

@gav-ffc :lol:

59 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Any competent twitter admin would know that muting is the better option as it means people are just screaming into a void without knowing it. That should be their next signing.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

54 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

About 2 minutes after calling Ferguson a shite manager.